Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron traded
McCarron traded to Raiders. Looks like the Bengals could have had a 5th, or even 4th, pick in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: McCarron traded to Raiders. Looks like the Bengals could have had a 5th, or even 4th, pick in a trade.

We had a 2nd pick with browns remember till they scammed us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: McCarron traded to Raiders. Looks like the Bengals could have had a 5th, or even 4th, pick in a trade.

McCarron was declared an unrestricted free agent after he filed a labor grievance. He wasn't just cut and released.  So the Bengals would not have gotten anything for a trade because he was an unrestricted free agent and went on and signed with the Bills.  Had the Browns trade not gotten botched before the trade deadline and while he was still under contract with the Bengals then they would have gotten something for him.  But we all know how that ended. I still think the Browns had a last minute moment of clarity and intentionally screwed it up.

At the end of the 2017 season the Bengals had no chance of getting anything for him because he was declared an unrestricted free agent. The only way the Bengals would have gotten something from a trade with the Raiders is if somehow the Bengals talked McCarron into signing again to be Andy's backup. That was never going to happen because he filed a labor grievance and won to become an unrestricted free agent so he could go elsewhere.

Seems it isn't working out so great for him but the too long didn't read is the Bengals lost all chances to get anything via trade after the botched Browns trade and the subsequent ruling that gave him unrestricted free agent status after the 2017 season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

At the risk of not crying over spilt milk, let me just say good, now there's no danger of him being a Bengal again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:41 PM)McC Wrote: At the risk of not crying over spilt milk, let me just say good, now there's no danger of him being a Bengal again.

I'm going to say there is no chance of him being a starter either. Unless Carr goes down. Destined to be a backup. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:24 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm going to say there is no chance of him being a starter either. Unless Carr goes down. Destined to be a backup. 

Get's to travel with the team, dress for gameday, not break a sweat, go home to Katherine and count his millions..... yeah, his life sucks...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Get's to travel with the team, dress for gameday, not break a sweat, go home to Katherine and count his millions..... yeah, his life sucks...... Hilarious

Best position to play in NFL actually imo.

Hold a clipboard for 10 to 15 years, still get decent money, not much wear and tear on body, and still get the fame and hot chicks. 

See most have been pulling for what is best for him all along.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 08:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: McCarron was declared an unrestricted free agent after he filed a labor grievance.  He wasn't just cut and released.  So the Bengals would not have gotten anything for a trade because he was an unrestricted free agent and went on and signed with the Bills.  Had the Browns trade not gotten botched before the trade deadline and while he was still under contract with the Bengals then they would have gotten something for him.  But we all know how that ended.  I still think the Browns had a last minute moment of clarity and intentionally screwed it up.

At the end of the 2017 season the Bengals had no chance of getting anything for him because he was declared an unrestricted free agent.  The only way the Bengals would have gotten something from a trade with the Raiders is if somehow the Bengals talked McCarron into signing again to be Andy's backup.  That was never going to happen because he filed a labor grievance and won to become an unrestricted free agent so he could go elsewhere.

Seems it isn't working out so great for him but the too long didn't read is the Bengals lost all chances to get anything via trade after the botched Browns trade and the subsequent ruling that gave him unrestricted free agent status after the 2017 season.

Of course they intentionally did, what are instate rivals for ? I mean they did not even take him for free after that season when no compensation was required. 

But the Bengals should have traded him before that season even started knowing he would be unrestricted after season like almost everybody on here suggested. 

They gambled that he would possibly get labeled as a restricted FA and it blew up in their face while the Browns laughed.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well the whole I want to start for an NFL team blew up in McCarrons face.
He should have stayed here.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote