Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron will be RFA in 2018
The Bengals screwed this up royally when they didnt trade McCarron after the 2015 season. His stock was never going to be higher and everyone in the organization knew he was never going to be anything other than a backup.

Classic Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 05:20 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: His value will be more this year, trade him.

You get a guy under a rookie deal for 2 seasons to assess whether he's your guy or not. Better then trading for a guy with one year left on his deal, he balls out, and now you have a lengthy contract dispute on your hands.

Great cheaper option for a team like Arizona, Houston, or even Buffalo who is looking to win now, as they can invest the saved cap space into other needed pieces.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if a trade happens at all. The asking price is going to be high for a guy with less than a half season of experience. That said, I'd like to see what he could do as a starter somewhere if not here.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the Bengals can draft a guy like Chad Kelly or Josh Dobbs and trade McCarron for a nice 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th rounder. No need to let him waste away and then lose him eventually in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 08:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: cute-baby-ER33_l.jpg]
Could you use less technical terms, please?
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't wait til McCarron gets a chance to start a whole season.

I got a strong feeling some big helpings of crow will be served...if his fans don't flock to whatever team he gets traded to.

Dude isn't close to Dalton's level, and it'll be obvious over the course of 16 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly can't wait til McCarron gets a chance to start a whole season.

I got a strong feeling some big helpings of crow will be served...if his fans don't flock to whatever team he gets traded to.

Dude isn't close to Dalton's level, and it'll be obvious over the course of 16 games.

Dalton just can't win a playoff game, when he had Marvin J, Sanu, AJ, Eifert, Gio, JH, with a cast like this and he still cant win then when will he lead us to a playoff win?  7 years has given him plenty of time to win and it just has not happen...  He is going to start getting older soon, already 29 and he will be as I said before plumpy and old...  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:20 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Dalton just can't win a playoff game, when he had Marvin J, Sanu, AJ, Eifert, Gio, JH, with a cast like this and he still cant win then when will he lead us to a playoff win?  7 years has given him plenty of time to win and it just has not happen...  He is going to start getting older soon, already 29 and he will be as I said before plumpy and old...  

Remind me again when they were all healthy? He only had Jones for 2 years sanu was the number 1 in the 2013 playoff game, etc.... The only time they were all healthy was 2015 which he would have won if he hadn't gotten hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Remind me again when they were all healthy? He only had Jones for 2 years sanu was the number 1 in the 2013 playoff game, etc.... The only time they were all healthy was 2015 which he would have won if he hadn't gotten hurt. 

The Bengals are not the only team that deal with injuries happens in the NFL, Andy Dalton can't get it done after 7 years of being young Dalton the Plumper will not be able to get it done for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly can't wait til McCarron gets a chance to start a whole season.

Yep Dalton is way better...doesnt mean some desperate team won't give us a nice pick for him though. I will have no problem sleeping if we trade him, no doubt Andy is better. Some people will probably lose it if/when we move him though. Can't wait for the "we'll regret this" and "hes gonna win all the Super Bowls" comments lol
Reply/Quote

Agree with this. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:20 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Dalton just can't win a playoff game, when he had Marvin J, Sanu, AJ, Eifert, Gio, JH, with a cast like this and he still cant win then when will he lead us to a playoff win?  7 years has given him plenty of time to win and it just has not happen...  He is going to start getting older soon, already 29 and he will be as I said before plumpy and old...  

The only real playoff game I blame Andy for is the Chargers one. 

Its a shame he got hurt last year, because I really think we could have done something special in the playoffs with that team. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:49 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Bengals are not the only team that deal with injuries happens in the NFL, Andy Dalton can't get it done after 7 years of being young Dalton the Plumper will not be able to get it done for sure.

Genuine lol @ "Dalton the plumper". Are you suggesting Dalton will get fat? That's actually pretty funny. I get that you're light weight trolling and having fun, but you made a point about all the weapons Dalton had and now you're shifting to "all teams have injuries". If that's the case, don't throw out names like Eifert, AJ, Gio, MLJ, Hill when he never played a single playoff with all of them together, and others went AWOL come playoff time. 

(02-03-2017, 04:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep Dalton is way better...doesnt mean some desperate team won't give us a nice pick for him though. I will have no problem sleeping if we trade him, no doubt Andy is better. Some people will probably lose it if/when we move him though. Can't wait for the "we'll regret this" and "hes gonna win all the Super Bowls" comments lol

We might get a pick for him. I'm actually looking forward to see how it plays out. Don't think the guy is awful or anything, just don't think he's going to be successful as a full time starting QB. But yes...there will be plenty of folks lamenting losing him. As if we have Tom Brady sitting the bench.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The only real playoff game I blame Andy for is the Chargers one. 

Its a shame he got hurt last year, because I really think we could have done something special in the playoffs with that team. 

Even though I blame Marvy for flat offensive play in the playoffs, I'd also say the Texans just own Dalton. He doesn't typically play well against them for whatever reason, just as the Bengals own Flacco, the Pats own Ben, etc. 

The fumble killed Dalton in the Chargers game. 

He just didn't have any horses against the Colts. Burkhead was playing WR. No TE. No MLJ or AJ. We should've went run heavy, but we can't run effectively enough. The defense got torched by Luck.
Reply/Quote
Shake! LOL Yes, I think he has some plumpability.. All I want boyz and girlz is a Playoff win !! Time for them to step up we deserve so much more as fans!!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Shake!  LOL Yes, I think he has some plumpability..  All I want boyz and girlz is a Playoff win !!  Time for them to step up we deserve so much more as fans!!

Plumpability? 

Only if he eats tuna on rye. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Plumpability? 

Only if he eats tuna on rye. 

lol awesome! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Shake!  LOL Yes, I think he has some plumpability..  All I want boyz and girlz is a Playoff win !!  Time for them to step up we deserve so much more as fans!!

He'll never be in the top 10 or the elite class of plumpability.  His red hair will always hold him back from true greatness.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

I think it will really depend on where he goes. Winning in Cleveland would be a tough assignment for anyone. But going to a team like NE would be completely different.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 03:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget per Jim on this forum we got no offers of note for McCarron. Why would that change?

Right!! As if, our beloved team's front office would tell the Cincinnati news puppets (reporters) anything like that if they did get an offer!!

The Cincinnati fan boy sports news puppets have proven time and time again they are there just content to have their media pass and access! They are there to be fed what the Brown family and front office wants to feed them, and us!!
Reply/Quote