Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCarron will go off Sunday
Watch and see I think he will have 5 TD's and throw for 400 yards :)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I picked him up in Fantasy Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I hope so. Almost everyone goes off on the 49ers. If he gets big during the Denver game, then we'll be talking.

Before anyone flips out, I'm not trying to take anything away from McCarron. We're just not talking about a high quality opponent this weekend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually agree, although I don't see 5 tds. I think he has a 3td, 1 int sort of a game for around 280 yards.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:23 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I picked him up in Fantasy Big Grin
I picked him up too. Dalton was my starter.  Not starting him (AJ) though.... Until I see him go off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope so. 1 win and I think we secure a playoff spot. Which will be nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Watch and see I think he will have 5 TD's and throw for 400 yards :)

Well he threw for 3, nearly 4 TDs last week, so why not? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just get the win.... Period....

WHO DEY!!!!
Reply/Quote
Well this is a prime chance to do so. SF will be selling out to stop the run and daring us to beat them with our QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think you will see that. I would expect a heavy dose of Benard and Hill on Sunday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 02:04 AM)Utts Wrote: This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it?

4 best AJ McCarron highlights from Bengals vs Bears

Don't see why its so hard to believe when he went off with the starters during the preseason. He actually had a perfect passer rating at halftime and it didn't drop until the 2nd and 3rd string came in with him. 

I watched that game a few times and saw AJ make some pretty awesome plays with his arm. I think given a week with the starters he will be able to stretch the field. Especially if Eifert is back. 
Reply/Quote
I hope so, it is the 9ers after all. However, I fully expect Trademark to turn it off mid game if we are down or he will just keep complaining about turning the game off in the game thread
Reply/Quote
I expect a blow out either way.

Reply/Quote
Last night I saw that the Browns rushed for 225 yards against San Francisco last week. If the Browns can rush for 225, then Gio and Hill should be able to put up at least 250. Run the ball A LOT and then give AJ maybe 20 passing attempts with just a couple deep balls. Mainly higher percentage throws to build his confidence going into Denver. This would be my goal.
Reply/Quote
Every indication says otherwise. The Niners don't get torched at home. Combine that, with what is likely going to be an ultra conservative, try to run, run, run early Bengals' game plan, I see a game like 16/23, 215 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT much more likely. I could see a Bengals win like 19-10.

Doesn't mean I agree with it though. IMO, if there's any chance McCarron will have to play in the playoffs, he needs to get on the page with the WR's and TE's now. Don't hold him back offensively and try to game manage. He's going to have to do that in week 16 vs Denver, so that leaves him this game and week 17 against bad pass D's to get some in-game reps, and week 17, it's very likely the Bengals seeding will already be determined and they won't play many starters regardless.
Reply/Quote
I would seriously consider him as a #2 fantasy option.
Reply/Quote
Well if you believe what Hue is saying, he is not going to turn McCarron into a game manager and run the ball more than usual, he is going to let him throw it downfield. Supposedly McCarron's deep ball is better than his short dink and dunks, so with a healthy Green and Jones l hope he lets the stretch the field all day long....
Reply/Quote
AJ Mccarron outplayed Andy Dalton against Pittsburgh. AJ went 22-32 for 280 yards 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He also had a touchdown overturned due to a hold by Whitworth. Andy was 26-43 for 290 yards 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. I'm not saying that AJ is better than Andy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a monster game against San Francisco's 29th ranked defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:12 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: AJ Mccarron outplayed Andy Dalton against Pittsburgh. AJ  went 22-32 for 280 yards 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He also had a touchdown overturned due to a hold by Whitworth. Andy was 26-43 for 290 yards 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. I'm not saying that AJ is better than Andy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a monster game against San Francisco's 29th ranked defense.

I'm optimistic about McCarron as well, but just keep in mind that he was throwing against a defense that was almost in prevent for most of the game. At least that's the way it looked.
Reply/Quote