Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’
(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about free IDs offered at polling stations. If they can get there to vote, they can get their to obtain a free picture ID

Sure. There has to be as few restrictions as possible so that there are fewer people who cannot get them. that's the whole point.

(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody asked you to waste your time. I just cannot rap my head around a belief that you should not be required to prove you are who you are when you vote and I have 0 idea why that would be a partisan issue. But "even if a list of Republicans" stated it then it must be an undisputable fact.

Well they got CAUGHT stating it...they didn't exactly come out against it. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I just cannot rap my head around a belief that you should not be required to prove you are who you are when you vote and I have 0 idea why that would be a partisan issue. 

Well I can't wrap my head around how people are committing voter fraud by somehow finding out the name of a person who they know is registered and they also know will not attempt to vote. 

And, again, it has been explained to you many times exactly why it is a partisan issue.  Voter ID laws suppress the vote of the people who are more likely to vote Democrat.  You have seen the studies and commentaries posted all about it.  You have even seen quotes from Republican leaders who say that voter ID laws will help them win. 

(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But "even if a list of Republicans" stated it then it must be an undisputable fact.

Then why are you still questioning an undisputed fact?
(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody asked you to waste your time. I just cannot rap my head around a belief that you should not be required to prove you are who you are when you vote 

I can't wrap my held around a belief that a lack of voter fraud warrants making it harder to vote to prevent voter fraud. 

Quote:and I have 0 idea why that would be a partisan issue.

lol, yea you do. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-01-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 idea why that would be a partisan issue. 

LOL
(02-04-2019, 09:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I can't wrap my held around a belief that a lack of voter fraud warrants making it harder to vote to prevent voter fraud. 

lol, yea you do. 

(02-04-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL

You guys knowing my thoughts aside. Which party wants to ensure that US Citizens vote?

Prove where you live. Prove who you are when you cast your vote. is a policy solely desired by.........
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-04-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Which party wants to ensure that US Citizens vote?

Democrats are the ones who want the largest number of U S citizens possible to vote.  Republicans want to suppress the vote of the poor.

We have already had this discussion many times.  You have been there and taken part when we have.  Kind of puzzling that you now act like you have never heard any of this before.
(02-04-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Prove where you live. Prove who you are when you cast your vote. is a policy solely desired by.........

The Party that offers free photo voter ID cards with registration.

In other words neither party.

Republicans fool the rubes by claiming their desire for voter ID is to suppress fraud, but in fact they just want to suppress low income voters.  That is why they never offer free photo id cards with voter registration as part of their "Voter ID" laws.
(02-04-2019, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Democrats are the ones who want the largest number of U S citizens possible to vote.  Republicans want to suppress the vote of the poor.

We have already had this discussion many times.  You have been there and taken part when we have.  Kind of puzzling that you now act like you have never heard any of this before.

Meh, points with you are very rarely "discussions".

I know we as a forum discussed the issues with having a voter have to pay for their ID, but I don't know how simply wanting someone to provide an ID is partisan. I'm all for throwing a few tax dollars that way; hell, take Don's wall money. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-04-2019, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I don't know how simply wanting someone to provide an ID is partisan.

Because it suppresses the vote of the poor and helps the Republicans. 

You have been told this over and over again.  We have posted studies showing how it works.  We have even posted quotes from Republican campaign officials who acknowledge it will help them.

You just refuse to read and accept all the information that has been provided to you because the echo chamber tells you that it is not partisan.

It is almost impossible to organize wide spread voter fraud based on people finding the identities of people who are registered to vote but guaranteed not to show up to vote.
(02-04-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys knowing my thoughts aside. Which party wants to ensure that US Citizens vote?

Prove where you live. Prove who you are when you cast your vote. is a policy solely desired by.........

I proved where I lived when I submitted my voter registration. I then prove who I am every time I vote by giving identifying information. I sign that the information is correct and I am who I am under threat of jail time and fines if I am committing voter fraud. 

Must be why voter fraud is so rare.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

After listening to a nice story on M McConnell this morning I can say that I don't care one iota what he thinks.  He is a person lacking any kind of personal morals short of advancing his agenda.

So if he is opposed to it it must mean it is what is good for the US.

Never realized what a purely political/partisan ass he has been his entire career.  Willing to make a deal with the devil no matter how much hell there is to pay as long as he wins.

Pitiful.
(02-05-2019, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: After listening to a nice story on M McConnell this morning I can say that I don't care one iota what he thinks.  He is a person lacking any kind of personal morals short of advancing his agenda.

So if he is opposed to it it must mean it is what is good for the US.

Never realized what a purely political/partisan ass he has been his entire career.  Willing to make a deal with the devil no matter how much hell there is to pay as long as he wins.

Pitiful.

You can't trust anybody who has made it to the top.  Nice, well-intentioned, conscientious people get walked on.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-05-2019, 09:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can't trust anybody who has made it to the top.  Nice, well-intentioned, conscientious people get walked on.  

He was an immoral slimeball from the beginning. people on the "top" can still have morals.

If a man can't even say he's NOT like people that enabled Hitler, when directly asked about someone saying that he was, then he has no soul.

Before hearing that I just thought like you did...he's another partisan doing whatever he can to get re-elected.  But in reality he is a bad person with no conscience.
(02-05-2019, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: He was an immoral slimeball from the beginning. people on the "top" can still have morals.

If a man can't even say he's NOT like people that enabled Hitler, when directly asked about someone saying that he was, then he has no soul.

Before hearing that I just thought like you did...he's another partisan doing whatever he can to get re-elected.  But in reality he is a bad person with no conscience.

Of course they are immoral slimeballs from the beginning.  That's what I'm saying.  You don't get to the top of the House or Senate (I didn't mean the top of anything) by being a good guy.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-05-2019, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Of course they are immoral slimeballs from the beginning.  That's what I'm saying.  You don't get to the top of the House or Senate (I didn't mean the top of anything) by being a good guy.  

Horseshit.

You can "play the game" and have morals.

You still be a decent human being while wanting to lead.

That's just BS people use to continue to justify to themselves that they themselves aren't horrible people for supporting the guy in office.
(02-05-2019, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Horseshit.

You can "play the game" and have morals.

You still be a decent human being while wanting to lead.

That's just BS people use to continue to justify to themselves that they themselves aren't horrible people for supporting the guy in office.

What?  We use the excuse that he is a horrible person to justify supporting him?  How do you even support a senator who is not in your state?  He does something and I either agree or disagree with it.  Do you think Harry Reid was a good guy? Do you think Schumer is a good guy?

(02-05-2019, 10:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What?  We use the excuse that he is a horrible person to justify supporting him?  How do you even support a senator who is not in your state?  He does something and I either agree or disagree with it.  

Not "you" specific.  Not every post is about "you" when we are talking about the generalities of things.

Everyone who votes for a piece of walking crap with a mouth like MM and says "well, they must me bad people or they wouldn't be where they are" or "they're ALL bad so what are we gonna do" while supporting him.

BS.

Noone to blame the voters.  Some know and don't care (they are bad people too) and some are uniformed and that makes then just dumb.

Edit to answer your edit: This isn't about them...this is about Mitch specifically right now.
(02-05-2019, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not "you" specific.  Not every post is about "you" when we are talking about the generalities of things.

Everyone who votes for a piece of walking crap with a mouth like MM and says "well, they must me bad people or they wouldn't be where they are" or "they're ALL bad so what are we gonna do" while supporting him.

BS.

Noone to blame the voters.  Some know and don't care (they are bad people too) and some are uniformed and that makes then just dumb.

I don't think that even comes into consideration with the voters.  I doubt many of them think he's a bad person, but it's ok because they all are.  I think they genuinely support him because they like what he does, and they like the fact that their guy is in charge.  What I'm saying is my own view on things.  

(02-05-2019, 10:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think that even comes into consideration with the voters.  I doubt many of them think he's a bad person, but it's ok because they all are.  I think they genuinely support him because they like what he does, and they like the fact that their guy is in charge.  What I'm saying is my own view on things.  

And I'm saying that we need to change the voters mindset that "they're all bad" in order to get better leaders.  Leaders with hearts and souls and not just with eyes on their pocketbooks.
I get wanting what his "party" wants.  I do.  Being a soulless bastard just makes it worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/podcasts/the-daily/mitch-mcconnell-senate-trump.html

Listen to the piece of walking excrement "defend" what he does.

Garbage.