Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCoy being cut. Now that is a shocker
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045856/article/bills-releasing-veteran-running-back-lesean-mccoy

Lesean McCoy reportedly is being cut. My guess he lands right in the Texans lap. But, with Anderson's loss, should we get into the bidding. I saw him in a preseason game and he looked as fast and quick as ever.

Also as reported Treadwell and Docton may be available soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045854/article/doctson-treadwell-on-trade-block-ahead-of-deadline
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Maybe. But age could be a factor. How old is he?
Reply/Quote
RB3/4 needs to be a staple on ST.....so He aint' coming here.... unless he wants to do that.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have FAR more pressing needs than RB. McCoy will go where he can be a RB1, or at least share the workload. That place isn't here.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:09 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: Maybe. But age could be a factor. How old is he?

Just turned 31 in July

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Last thing we need off the waiver wire is more running backs. Tackles, Linebackers, yes....
Reply/Quote
Taylor is big on high character guys...

Reply/Quote
He has not been officially cut yet, so this was Bills FO putting out info saying if you want him, come and get him via trade to 31 teams.

We have seen this story play out before, a cut becomes a trade. However, the issue is his hefty contract that goes with him via trade.

Reply/Quote
He was really bad last year and that was after a declining 2017.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:33 AM)Sweetness Wrote: He was really bad last year and that was after a declining 2017.

And expensive contract so not really a surprise at all.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:34 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And expensive contract so not really a surprise at all.

The surprise is looked like the best RB on their roster the game I saw him play in preseason, not close. Surprise is looks as though they will keep Gore who is much older.

Why not cut him prior to preseason? Instead, let him outplay others and then cut him. That was the surprising part to me.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:14 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Bengals have FAR more pressing needs than RB. McCoy will go where he can be a RB1, or at least share the workload. That place isn't here.

I'm not saying we should go after the guy, but I still don't see why some people have this "we can only fix one thing at a time" mentality.  Plenty of teams that are more successful than us pick up players in positions other than the ones that coincide with their biggest weakness.  Plus, it looks like LB and o-line are going to be our biggest weakness for years on end at this rate.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying we should go after the guy, but I still don't see why some people have this "we can only fix one thing at a time" mentality.  Plenty of teams that are more successful than us pick up players in positions other than the ones that coincide with their biggest weakness.  Plus, it looks like LB and o-line are going to be our biggest weakness for years on end at this rate.

I actually think the offensive line might be pretty good next year, tbh. I at least feel like it's headed in the right direction for the first time in 2-3 years. All contingent on Jonah Williams being as advertised, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:25 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I actually think the offensive line might be pretty good next year, tbh. I at least feel like it's headed in the right direction for the first time in 2-3 years. All contingent on Jonah Williams being as advertised, though.

Could be, I'm just looking at the past off-season being very "No way, can't draft/sign that guy, because our o-line and LBs are a way bigger need" and unless magic happens in 2019 I expect we are going to hear the same thing during the next off-season.  
Reply/Quote
Only a shocker if you didn't watch a Bills game last year or didn't bother to look up the contract numbers.
Reply/Quote
He's not nearly the same player that he was several years ago and he may have serious legal issues coming down the pipeline. The Bills know something that the general public doesn't imo.
Reply/Quote