Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
Anybody else feel like the McCoy camp just leaking Bengals’ supposed interest to drive up price for either Baltimore or Cleveland to sign him? I’ll be surprised if he actually visits Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 02:24 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Anybody else feel like the McCoy camp just leaking Bengals’ supposed interest to drive up price for either Baltimore or Cleveland to sign him?  I’ll be surprised if he actually visits Cincy.

Not that I believe that he's going to sign here, but no.  We don't know what kind of a relationship he may have had with Mark Duffner.  He's probably a guy who knows more about relative talent around the league than the vast majority on this board.  McCoy might be genuinely interested in playing on a line with Atkins/Dunlap/Lawson/Hubbard.  Throw in a good secondary and the potential with a healthy Green/Eifert/Boyd...it'll come down to how much he trusts this coaching staff to turn them into "legitimate contenders."
Reply/Quote
If so many teams value McCoy then why is his former team letting him walk. It seems like they would want to keep him at all costs after going 5-11 last year. A lot of times players get paid for what they were and not what they are now. While he would add a positive presence in the locker room I would rather have Suh for the money.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 06:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If so many teams value McCoy then why is his former team letting him walk. It seems like they would want to keep him at all costs after going 5-11 last year. A lot of times players get paid for what they were and not what they are now. While he would add a positive presence in the locker room I would rather have Suh for the money.

I see what you mean, but it's quite possible the Buccaneers don't know what they are doing. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 07:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I see what you mean, but it's quite possible the Buccaneers don't know what they are doing. 

I know. They probably aren't as lucky as we are when it comes to FO ability.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 06:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If so many teams value McCoy then why is his former team letting him walk. It seems like they would want to keep him at all costs after going 5-11 last year. A lot of times players get paid for what they were and not what they are now. While he would add a positive presence in the locker room I would rather have Suh for the money.

They had major cap issues, they actually needed to cut McCoy to free up the extra space they expect they will need to sign Devin White. They got the same guy for the most part in Suh for 3.75 million less.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 08:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: They had major cap issues, they actually needed to cut McCoy to free up the extra space they expect they will need to sign Devin White. They got the same guy for the most part in Suh for 3.75 million less.

That's why I would rather have Suh. He's cheaper AND he fills a need we have for a villain since we no longer have Burfict. How are we going to be the low down dirty no goods of the AFCN? 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 08:39 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: That's why I would rather have Suh. He's cheaper AND he fills a need we have for a villain since we no longer have Burfict. How are we going to be the low down dirty no goods of the AFCN? 

We don't know that Suh is cheaper, we know that Suh signed a cheaper deal than the deal McCoy had with Tampa at the time. I would guess McCoy will sign a one year deal in the 8-9.5 million range.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 09:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: We don't know that Suh is cheaper, we know that Suh signed a cheaper deal than the deal McCoy had with Tampa at the time. I would guess McCoy will sign a one year deal in the 8-9.5 million range.

Or he will sign with NE for minimum wage. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 09:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Or he will sign with NE for minimum wage. 

That is always a possibility. Wouldn't be the first to take a cheap deal to chase a ring.
Reply/Quote
any word on Mccoys visit in baltimore!?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 11:22 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: any word on Mccoys visit in baltimore!?

Just read he stayed over and Ravens trying to make sure he does not leave town without a deal
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 06:20 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Update on Gerald McCoy in Baltimore

I think it's from earlier this morning, but a couple of things:
1) Ravens and McCoy were meeting later today, late afternoon/early evening.
2) Browns still believe they are in the mix.
3) McCoy seems willing to take his time.
4) Bengals are described as "still lurking in the background".
5) Bengals have not yet set anything up with McCoy, BUT the Ravens didn't set anything up with him until he was done in Cleveland.

I have a feeling McCoy's camp told our FO, that they would meet with us, if they didn't get a deal done with the Browns or Ravens. We are the pawns again... 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just read he stayed over and Ravens trying to make sure he does not leave town without a deal

faaaaaaaaaaaack
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 12:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That is why it's called a prediction.  You are taking what you saw in the past and using it to project what will happen in the future.

Remember, the 2018 MVP thew 0 TDS and 1 INT for a rating of 76.4 in 2017.  I recall our pre-season QB rankings where some guy on here had Mahommes ranked 32nd behind guys like Nathan Peterman and Josh McCown because he's a complete unknown.  Some people just don't get the idea of predicting something, or making an educated guess.

But again, I'll point out that my main reason I'm not so sure the Browns will be bad in 2019 comes from me just getting a bit tired of realizing a lot of our team's optimism comes from the notion that the other 3 teams in the division are going to either take big steps backwards, or just never ever ever get any better.

We all knew Manziel and Weeden would stink, but Mayfield...he just doesn't have that insta-stink those guys had.  Then again, I recall us sitting around waiting for Pig Ben to morph into Bubbie Brister, too.  Maybe we are right this time?

Not all of us...... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just read he stayed over and Ravens trying to make sure he does not leave town without a deal

We have reservations made at Wendy's. This is disastrous!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 09:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: We don't know that Suh is cheaper, we know that Suh signed a cheaper deal than the deal McCoy had with Tampa at the time. I would guess McCoy will sign a one year deal in the 8-9.5 million range.

They also have Vita Veah who played great last year...
Reply/Quote
I thought it was reported that McCoy was getting offers in the $11 million a year range?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They also have Vita Veah who played great last year...

He is a NT not a 3T. I don't foresee them kicking him over to 3T anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 02:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is a NT not a 3T. I don't foresee them kicking him over to 3T anytime soon.

True, just saying they have another good DT on the team...

Vea can rush the passer at times too.
Reply/Quote