Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonalds question
(02-19-2020, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've also been guilty of that.  Sure do miss the dollar menu days, the sausage mcmuffin is, and has been $2 around here for quite a while.  

I'm sure we are soon to follow. Just a few months ago the McDouble left the dollar menu and is now $1.79. But you can still get the mcdouble dressed like a bic mac for the same price (added .30 for the mac sauce). So, I just roll up to the speaker and ask for 2 mcdoubles dresssed like a abic mac and walk away with 2 big macs for $4. However, no sesame seeds and I think the patties might be a little smaller, not sure. Still good tho and walk away feeling like I just got a helluva deal.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm sure we are soon to follow. Just a few months ago the McDouble left the dollar menu and is now $1.79. But you can still get the mcdouble dressed like a bic mac for the same price (added .30 for the mac sauce). So, I just roll up to the speaker and ask for 2 mcdoubles dresssed like a abic mac and walk away with 2 big macs for $4. However, no sesame seeds and I think the patties might be a little smaller, not sure. Still good tho and walk away feeling like I just got a helluva deal.

Wow, I miss a lot about small town/rural community living.  Heads up, in place of the "dollar menu", The $2, $3, $4 menu will be coming your way..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, I miss a lot about small town/rural community living.  Heads up, in place of the "dollar menu", The $2, $3, $4 menu will be coming your way..

I think I'll be ok. I haven't been to McDonalds this week. Got drunk over the weekend and told the wife I was going to replace the sausage sandwich in the mornings with raisin bran. 2 days in and with just 2 bowls of cereal, I've ingested more milk than I have in 10yrs. Damn that shit causes gas. In 2 days, I've weakened the ozone layer.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm sure we are soon to follow. Just a few months ago the McDouble left the dollar menu and is now $1.79. But you can still get the mcdouble dressed like a bic mac for the same price (added .30 for the mac sauce). So, I just roll up to the speaker and ask for 2 mcdoubles dresssed like a abic mac and walk away with 2 big macs for $4. However, no sesame seeds and I think the patties might be a little smaller, not sure. Still good tho and walk away feeling like I just got a helluva deal.

pretty sure its the same size patties just missing the middle bun...  I don't believe the Big Mac got the QP patties.

but if you want a good burger Wendys has a 2 for 5 right now. (or last time I rolled by there)
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 07:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty sure its the same size patties just missing the middle bun...  I don't believe the Big Mac got the QP patties.

but if you want a good burger Wendys has a 2 for 5 right now. (or last time I rolled by there)

I've always favored BK. Love the flame broiled burger. However, they have seemed to have drastically fallen in quality as of late and the prices have risen despite of it. Actually, all fast food has seemed to have skyrocketed in prices over the last few years.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 08:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've always favored BK. Love the flame broiled burger. However, they have seemed to have drastically fallen in quality as of late and the prices have risen despite of it. Actually, all fast food has seemed to have skyrocketed in prices over the last few years.

A few years back it seems like they all shrunk the burgers, except BK. I try to stay away from fast food, but I do stop for a sausage mcmuffin from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 12:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote: A few years back it seems like they all shrunk the burgers, except BK. I try to stay away from fast food, but I do stop for a sausage mcmuffin from time to time.

Yeah, it's inevitable. Almost went there today because I worked through my lunch and got off late. Thought I needed something immediate to stop the hunger pains. Didn't fall for it tho. Just went home and cracked open a healthy, 96 calorie beer. LOL

Reply/Quote
I'm going to make a suggestion that will probably make you all cringe.. Stop eating crap on a daily basis!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is the egg on a bacon, egg, and cheese McGridle totally different from the egg on a bacon egg McMuffin?

Why do they use an egg mixture on the McGridle while the McMuffin has an egg with separate white and unbroken yolk??  Seems to me it would be more efficient to make them all the same.

Better question for at least the franchise in my area: Why could you order one of each and they still manage to consistently screw up my order somehow?? Once they asked me if I wanted sausage with my pancakes and they omitted the butter, syrup, as well the picante sauce for my breakfast burritos after asking me what kind I wanted? I went back at 4 p.m. and talked to the manager and she offered me more for THEN. I told her I wanted them this morning not then and she said there was nothing she could do. That was until I told her I could do something, I'd just call the corporate #, and soon was given credit for all I ordered that morning ( I saved the receipt and you should always do the same as well!)
Reply/Quote