Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Deaths?
I know that there had been a few deaths from marijuana a while back but I haven't heard anything recently.

Has there been any other marijuana deaths since it became legal?

I'm pretty sure that the deaths were just because the marijuana had been treated and chemicals or whatever added to it because how else would it kill you?

Anyone know if there has been any deaths recently?
Reply/Quote
You can not overdose from marijuana. Additionally, your decision making is not dramatically altered like with alcohol. There are very few ways you could die from marijuana in the short term compared to almost any other drug. Long term there are all the typical risks associated with smoking, but if you consume it through edibles then it's not an issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:23 AM)treee Wrote: You can not overdose from marijuana. Additionally, your decision making is not dramatically altered like with alcohol. There are very few ways you could die from marijuana in the short term compared to almost any other drug. Long term there are all the typical risks associated with smoking, but if you consume it through edibles then it's not an issue.

I realize all that lol that's why I was wondering if they had stopped treating it with chemicals and things and that's why we haven't heard about it.

The only time I think clearly is when I'm high and traumatic brain injury is on the list of medical reasons for marijuana that's on the ballot in Kentucky right now because it helps grow back brain cells.  It's the only way other than stem cell treatment that's known right now and stem cell treatments for brain injuries are causing brain cancer.

I did just start edibles.
Reply/Quote
Another brilliant post.

Congrats.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 06:56 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Another brilliant post.

Congrats.

Just out of curiosity, what are the laws in France and other European countries (if you know), about marijuana?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are the laws in France and other European countries (if you know), about marijuana?  

It's illegal.

Small amounts (under 10 grams - around 0,2 pounds) are typically met with some leniency.

Marijuana for medical reasons is legal in many countries, and there are at least some allowances in almost any country.

In the Netherlands, weed's not legal, but not a subject of prosecution. It is similarly decriminalized in other countries like the Czech republic, if the amount is small.

In summary, it is not outright legal anywhere as far as I know, but as long as you only carry reasonably small amounts with you, there's a good chance nothing will happen to you.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are the laws in France and other European countries (if you know), about marijuana?  

Unfortunately it's illegal but you don't go to prison for it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know that there had been a few deaths from marijuana a while back but I haven't heard anything recently.  

I die laughing just about every time I smoke the stuff. Does that count?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: It's illegal.

Small amounts (under 10 grams - around 0,2 pounds) are typically met with some leniency.

Marijuana for medical reasons is legal in many countries, and there are at least some allowances in almost any country.

In the Netherlands, weed's not legal, but not a subject of prosecution. It is similarly decriminalized in other countries like the Czech republic, if the amount is small.

In summary, it is not outright legal anywhere as far as I know, but as long as you only carry reasonably small amounts with you, there's a good chance nothing will happen to you.

So we are like super-progressive here.   Tongue At least on state levels. Well some states. A couple.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So we are like super-progressive here.   Tongue  At least on state levels.  Well some states.  A couple.

That is true and was true with many issues, e.g. same-sex marriage. Your progressive (we might maybe call it social-liberal, "social" as in "societal") states are often quite ahead of Europe. While your less progressive states are often astonishingly conservative.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize all that lol that's why I was wondering if they had stopped treating it with chemicals and things and that's why we haven't heard about it.

The only time I think clearly is when I'm high and traumatic brain injury is on the list of medical reasons for marijuana that's on the ballot in Kentucky right now because it helps grow back brain cells.  It's the only way other than stem cell treatment that's known right now and stem cell treatments for brain injuries are causing brain cancer.

they weren't treating it with chemicals....
Reply/Quote
When Reagan was waging the "War Against Drugs" the US government would spray pot fields with the poison herbicide paraquat. But that was 40 years ago. I have not heard of anything like that in many years.
Reply/Quote
When I was in college in Chattanooga in the '80's one of my friends told me he had bought the best pot ever from some guy on the corner in the projects. I knew that had to be bull shit because most of what those sold was either the worst homegrown weed or sometimes just real "weeds" with not pot at all. But he swore that just a few puffs got him high as hell.

A couple of weeks later I saw a story on the local news about people selling pot that had been sprayed with RAID. Apparently it did get you high as hell, but it was also very bad for you.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 11:42 AM)2020Bengal Wrote: Just stop.  

No offense, but you’re just making thing up as you go.  

It’s odd.  Similar to the Andy Dalton opening a restaurant fictional story you posted.

Saying the lords name is taking it in vein? Lolol

Once again, a newbie with a post that has no substance and doesn't offer anything with any value but just goes on the offensive.  

Typical.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize all that lol that's why I was wondering if they had stopped treating it with chemicals and things and that's why we haven't heard about it.

With regards to the chemical additives, you might be thinking of vaping controversy from last year. They tracked down the companies that were putting cheap and dangerous additives in, as I recall. And that was just nicotine product vaping, not marijuana vaping.

As far as medical marijuana, I'm a big supporter of that. It helps some conditions better than other existing medicines. But it is best to find a doctor who knows about it and can help get the optimal dosage for your situation. A few of the most highly refined products that are available from dispensaries are designed for certain conditions, not for general use. They can cause some severe psychological side-effects.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 07:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, a newbie with a post that has no substance and doesn't offer anything with any value but just goes on the offensive.  

Typical.

just like this whole tread.
Reply/Quote