Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonalds question
Why is the egg on a bacon, egg, and cheese McGridle totally different from the egg on a bacon egg McMuffin?

Why do they use an egg mixture on the McGridle while the McMuffin has an egg with separate white and unbroken yolk?? Seems to me it would be more efficient to make them all the same.
Reply/Quote
The Egg McMuffin was probably grandfathered in as is when the advent of new breakfast items came along. If it's a popular seller, why change it?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is the egg on a bacon, egg, and cheese McGridle totally different from the egg on a bacon egg McMuffin?

Why do they use an egg mixture on the McGridle while the McMuffin has an egg with separate white and unbroken yolk??  Seems to me it would be more efficient to make them all the same.

they just use the same egg  (basically scambled egg mix thingy)  that they use on the biscuit or bagel on the Mcgriddle.    Im sure you can ask for the other egg if you wanted.
Reply/Quote
Usually if I eat McDonald's breakfast,I get whatecer, bring it home and cook my own egg to go on it.not a fan of the spongy tasteless eggs there, but the rest of the biscuits/ mcgriddles are fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oddly, I’ve wondered the same thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 09:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Usually if I eat McDonald's breakfast,I get whatecer, bring it home and cook my own egg to go on it.not a fan of the spongy tasteless eggs there, but the rest of the biscuits/ mcgriddles are fine.

I think you missed the point of going to McDonalds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 09:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think you missed the point of going to McDonalds.

Small town. There's three places to buy breakfast, two of which are fast food. And dairy queen biscuits suck. Plus, I work Midnight's, so I'm usually taking it home anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 09:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Usually if I eat McDonald's breakfast,I get whatecer, bring it home and cook my own egg to go on it.not a fan of the spongy tasteless eggs there, but the rest of the biscuits/ mcgriddles are fine.

We enjoy having breakfast for dinner, a couple of times each month.  Wife bought me some egg rings, they make perfectly shaped eggs for muffin or biscuit sandwiches.  Just remember to rub a drop of oil around the inside of the ring.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 08:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We enjoy having breakfast for dinner, a couple of times each month.  Wife bought me some egg rings, they make perfectly shaped eggs for muffin or biscuit sandwiches.  Just remember to rub a drop of oil around the inside of the ring.

yeah egg rings is what Mcdonalds uses for the cracked eggs...

And they have Egg rectangles for the liquid eggs...    They just spray a little butter inside.
Reply/Quote

Same here. Two sausage biscuits or McMuffins cost $2 total. But get egg on them, its about $6 for both. That's $4 for two eggs. Just on that principle alone I hate buying them with eggs lol, but yeah they also taste better homemade.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 08:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We enjoy having breakfast for dinner, a couple of times each month.  Wife bought me some egg rings, they make perfectly shaped eggs for muffin or biscuit sandwiches.  Just remember to rub a drop of oil around the inside of the ring.

I'm cheap lol, I've always used a saucepan lid for that. Plop the egg on, but the lid over the egg and perfectly sized. Helps cook it through so you don't have to flip if you like a runny yolk.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:19 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm cheap lol, I've always used a saucepan lid for that. Plop the egg on, but the lid over the egg and perfectly sized. Helps cook it through so you don't have to flip if you like a runny yolk.

The wife just uses a small sauce pan with a lid..gets the same result..a perfectly round egg. Personally my stomach nor tastebuds really care if they're perfectly round. I prefer eggs over medium with the edges crispy and yolk still barely runny. Cook in a nice, hot skillet.. Everything else is eggocide IMO.. .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Maybe a little OT but over the last year eggs have been ridiculously cheap. For a while they were only 30 cents a dozen. I don't know how they could sell them that cheap. If i was broke like back in college I'd be eating eggs every day. They are an excellent spurce of protien.
Reply/Quote
Wait there is a bacon Egg McMuffin? I thought it was ham?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is the egg on a bacon, egg, and cheese McGridle totally different from the egg on a bacon egg McMuffin?

Why do they use an egg mixture on the McGridle while the McMuffin has an egg with separate white and unbroken yolk??  Seems to me it would be more efficient to make them all the same.

I was told it's a flavor profile thing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 05:25 PM)J24 Wrote: Wait there is a bacon Egg McMuffin? I thought it was ham?

Canadian bacon....!!!

Also if you get the mcMuffin ask for some of the hollandaise sauce...  (or the sauce they put on the bagels)
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 05:25 PM)J24 Wrote: Wait there is a bacon Egg McMuffin? I thought it was ham?

I've not seen bacon offered on the McMuffin, typically they offer the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.  Although, I'm sure that you could order a McMuffin with bacon though.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 06:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Canadian bacon....!!!

Also if you get the mcMuffin ask for some of the hollandaise sauce...  (or the sauce they put on the bagels)

Isn't that the sauce that looks like spooge? Not on my sandwich!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Same here. Two sausage biscuits or McMuffins cost $2 total. But get egg on them, its about $6 for both. That's $4 for two eggs. Just on that principle alone I hate buying them with eggs lol, but yeah they also taste better homemade.

I used to stop and get a sausage mcmuffin every morning. I wanted the sausage and egg muffin but I couldn't force myself to spend the extra $2.25 for the egg.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I used to stop and get a sausage mcmuffin every morning. I wanted the sausage and egg muffin but I couldn't force myself to spend the extra $2.25 for the egg.

I've also been guilty of that.  Sure do miss the dollar menu days, the sausage mcmuffin is, and has been $2 around here for quite a while.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote