Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McPherson Looking Great
McPherson has been looking great in camp and was booting that ball into the next town in last nights game. There should be no question he is our kicker even though Seibert is having a nice camp too, there is no doubt we have found our next kicker. One great pick in the draft!
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see what happens with Seibert. It would be nice if we could get at least a late round draft pick for him.

And yes, the Evan McPherson fan club is up and running, and accepting new members. I was really happy when we took him, and I think he’s gonna be a good one for us. I’m hyped for our ST this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Best Kicker in the Draft, could be the next Justin Tucker, we will see if he keeps his head focused.

Definitely has a great leg and accuracy.
Reply/Quote
McPherson is gonna be a joy to watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be interesting to see what happens with Seibert. It would be nice if we could get at least a late round draft pick for him.

And yes, the Evan McPherson fan club is up and running, and accepting new members. I was really happy when we took him, and I think he’s gonna be a good one for us. I’m hyped for our ST this year.

Let's hope someone who is deep in waiver order gets desperate enough not to risk him getting claimed or becoming a free agent   There are already multiple teams having kicking issues

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I saw a post about, 'why is Siebert even kicking', maybe in the GD thread, not sure.

This is why. If you're smart, you give him an opp to put some good stuff on tape and maybe someone comes calling and you get something for him instead of just cutting him and getting nothing. 

Smart, if that's what they're doing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be interesting to see what happens with Seibert. It would be nice if we could get at least a late round draft pick for him.

It could be prudent to keep him on the roster like last season as an emergency kicker in the event Covid protocol hits the starter...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It could be prudent to keep him on the roster like last season as an emergency kicker in the event Covid protocol hits the starter...

I could see him going to the PS with the expanded roster.  That way we wouldn't be in a situation where we're having to try out K's in the middle of the week and getting them used to the LS and Holder.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: I could see him going to the PS with the expanded roster.  That way we wouldn't be in a situation where we're having to try out K's in the middle of the week and getting them used to the LS and Holder.

I would do that and cut that crappy backup QB. Should of had at least 2 picks last night and the refs let him off the hook.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I saw a post about, 'why is Siebert even kicking', maybe in the GD thread, not sure.

This is why. If you're smart, you give him an opp to put some good stuff on tape and maybe someone comes calling and you get something for him instead of just cutting him and getting nothing. 

Imagine if Bengals kept him and McPherson left to another team? I think the fanbase would lose their F'in minds if that happened again.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: Imagine if Bengals kept him and McPherson left to another team? I think the fanbase would lose their F'in minds if that happened again.

Not happening. BTW, was the right decision at the time with keeping Fat Randy over Elliott who was missing kicks all the time.

Elliott made a few big kicks but overall hasn't been as accurate as you want in a Kicker.
Reply/Quote
He just has to kick a game winner and all aboard.... It's nice to watch the kicker hit 50 yarders consistently. Extra points haven't been an issue (which those were for kickers a couple years back).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: I could see him going to the PS with the expanded roster.  That way we wouldn't be in a situation where we're having to try out K's in the middle of the week and getting them used to the LS and Holder.

That would be the wrong move, as PS players can be signed away.  That is the exact reason we signed him to the roster last season but left him inactive on game day, which was the right move.
Reply/Quote
Didn't we keep 2 kickers on the 53 last year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I was mocking him for a while. Really liked him.
I would have preferred him to be taken a round or two later, but when talking about Rds 5-7, there really isn't much difference in talent usually.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't we keep 2 kickers on the 53 last year?

we did...we'll see if they do that this year.  Might depend on how the rest of preseason goes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I saw a post about, 'why is Siebert even kicking', maybe in the GD thread, not sure.

That was me, and I'm pretty sure I asked why Austin ErnieBert is even kicking, thank you very much. 
Reply/Quote

The Saints kicker Wil Lutz is out for like 8 weeks maybe more with a groin injury.  Maybe they have someone the Bengals could use once preseason is over or a draft pick.   I guess it would depend on how the kickers they are trying out now do.   Of course that also depends on if McPherson stays on track and I certainly hope he does. He looked great last night.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That was me, and I'm pretty sure I asked why Austin ErnieBert is even kicking, thank you very much. 

Ahhhhhh yes. Erniebert, that's the one.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote