Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McPherson Perspective
(10-14-2021, 10:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Packers must think he's been good enough to keep around for 15 years.
Most average kickers don't last that long, especially with the same team.

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! LOL

It's baffling, as by the numbers, they could've picked up a guy off the street.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 10:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was pretty shocked to see the number of people that were down on McPherson after the game.  Don't get me wrong, I understand being disappointed he couldn't hit one of the two he missed but saying things like we need a new kicker or he wasn't worth the pick is absolutely absurd.

The 57 yarder I can't fault him at all for.  Yeah, it would have been a fanstatic kick, and it does it get made occassionally.  But I can't rag on any kicker who misses a 55+ yard field goal.

The 49 yarder, well I would like to see him make that.  But guess what?  Guys miss those quite a bit.  I'm not going to go nuts because he missed one of them.  Now if it becomes a reoccuring thing, where's he's missing 45+ field goals all of the time, then I'm going to wonder why we drafted a kicker who can't ever make those.  But missing only one?  That's how it goes for kickers sometimes.

Also, I saw someone say something about him not being as good as Justin Tucker.  I laughed.  You could draft the #1 kicker in the draft each and every year for the next 10 years, and the chances of you finding the next Justin Tucker are probably less than 10%.  He's arguably the greatest kicker of all time.  You can't compare every rookie to him and deem them a bust because they're not as good.

I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit.  The kid has shown to have plenty of leg.  He's made a few big kicks already.  He's only got 3 missed and 1 of them was from from a range where it's missed more than it's made.  Another (49 yarder) was borderline, and another should have been made.  All in all, he's done pretty well.  There's absolutely no reason to sour on the kid.

Just my 2 cents...

I mean, we are in the overreaction society, but I was pretty bummed to see people going after the guy on twitter and such.  

Good to have you back.  Where have you been?  Filming Anchorman 3?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I mean, we are in the overreaction society, but I was pretty bummed to see people going after the guy on twitter and such.  

Good to have you back.  Where have you been?  Filming Anchorman 3?

I brought Wes back when I bumped the Drew Sample is a bum thread. Kind of like the bat signal. Tongue

Reply/Quote
I looked up that damn nickname thread just to find it locked? Anyways WWE Network is on Peacock now so I’m watching Survivor Series.

Charlotte Flair match right after she misses her big boot to Becky lynch the commentator says: “She hit a Evan McPherson boot off of Becky lunched head.”
Reply/Quote
Money is 6 out of 7 on FG's over 50 yards this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I looked up that damn nickname thread just to find it locked? Anyways WWE Network is on Peacock now so I’m watching Survivor Series.

Charlotte Flair match right after she misses her big boot to Becky lynch the commentator says: “She hit a Evan McPherson boot off of Becky lunched head.”

No way!

Is there any way to get a recording or something of it? That would be so awesome!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So there it is... Money Mac
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:49 PM)pally Wrote:

Didn't one of our European-based posters suggest exactly that and it was shot down?  Someone said something to the effect that Mc would be "Mic" and not "Mac."

rfaulk, need a ruling here:  if the player themselves likes the nickname, are we bound to use it?  Mods, can we unlock the thread?  We have some discussing to do. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This kids leg is huge. That kick yesterday was easily good from 65.
Reply/Quote
"Money Mac" and "Money Mick" are both much easier to stomach than the horrible "McMoney".
Reply/Quote
Evan is already 1 away from tying Bullock's 50+ yard FGs as a Bengal and 2 away from tying Mike Nugent. The guy is simply money.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:49 PM)pally Wrote:

You're welcome. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Didn't one of our European-based posters suggest exactly that and it was shot down?  Someone said something to the effect that Mc would be "Mic" and not "Mac."

rfaulk, need a ruling here:  if the player themselves likes the nickname, are we bound to use it?  Mods, can we unlock the thread?  We have some discussing to do. 

The people have spoken! Everyone gets to use the nickname they like most. Players feelings be damned!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:50 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: This kids leg is huge.

Somebody has been fantasizing bout something.  Didn’t you also want to give McPherson’s nickname “McKickstand”? LOL
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Does anyone else think the NFL needs to extend the height of the uprights? McPherson's XP that he missed was fairly close. I couldn't tell because his kick was over the height of the upright.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I looked up that damn nickname thread just to find it locked? 

It was locked by request. If you all want it unlocked for further discussion, I would be happy to do so.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:27 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Does anyone else think the NFL needs to extend the height of the uprights? McPherson's XP that he missed was fairly close. I couldn't tell because his kick was over the height of the upright.

Thought so too. At least give it a shot to bounce in.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was locked by request. If you all want it unlocked for further discussion, I would be happy to do so.

[Image: begging-gif-3.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote