Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McPherson and his XP woes
(01-16-2023, 04:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I do too: having a newborn (well, he's 10 months now) and having to micromanage finances daily wears you thin, but I still keep abreast on the team and what goes on.

Congrats on your little one, btw. That's awesome. You won big even if the Bengals don't.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Snapper, holder, kicker...Don't care. practice the hell out of it and fix it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:37 PM)Destro Wrote: Snapper, holder, kicker...Don't care. practice the hell out of it and fix it.

they do practice it

and it's still a problem
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: In addition to his wife?

shhhh... don't say it outloud.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
When did the Cowboys sign Mac?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, the Cowboys kicker just missed his 2nd xtra point in as many tries. WTH is up with these guys.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, the Cowboys kicker just missed his 2nd xtra point in as many tries. WTH is up with these guys.

The XP now is 33 yards, so that made me look up Shayne Graham's two misses in that 2009 loss against the Jets and he missed from 35 and 28 yards.  Fun times.
Reply/Quote
3rd XP missed, but it probably won't matter since the Bucs don't seem to be scoring so it probably won't matter.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 3rd XP missed, but it probably won't matter since the Bucs don't seem to be scoring so it probably won't matter.

Dude definitely has the yips.

And it’s not like we haven’t seen Tom Brady comeback from being down big before…

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 3rd XP missed, but it probably won't matter since the Bucs don't seem to be scoring so it probably won't matter.

He's getting all his misses out of the way... 
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude definitely has the yips.

And it’s not like we haven’t seen Tom Brady comeback from being down big before…

Perhaps...I know Brady was long overdue to turn into a mortal man, but I also think they, like the Steelers and the Cardinals, underestimated how much losing Bruce Arians would set the offense back.

Maybe the Colts only avoided that because Andrew Luck was awesome and then beyond hurt so it overshadowed things. 

(01-16-2023, 11:35 PM)EatonFan Wrote: He's getting all his misses out of the way... 

Reminds me of my days on the dating scene.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The XP now is 33 yards, so that made me look up Shayne Graham's two misses in that 2009 loss against the Jets and he missed from 35 and 28 yards.  Fun times.

Careful, his sister might have been lurking here all these years waiting for a post just like this one.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Careful, his sister might have been lurking here all these years waiting for a post just like this one.  

Meh, I'm sure at this point Bengals fans are elated Shayne missed them, because flirting with the idea of the Palmer/Marvin/Chad team winning a playoff game and getting a 10+ year free pass would really throw our current situation at risk of not happening. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s going to be cold in Buffalo. I hope he brings his A game.

Yep, might be my biggest concern at this point besides the OL but I think we might be okay there if everyone plays similar to the 
Ravens game but improves a bit. Hoping our ST's and McPherson specifically play much better. Need to play like last Postseason.

No more missed extra points or easy FG's. We will see if Evan brings his A game along with Cal and Drue.

Really like how Drue has been Punting.
Reply/Quote
At least he hasn't missed 4 XPs in one game like this Dallas kicker. Man, talk about a rough go of it.
Reply/Quote
Well, missing 4 XPs blows for them, but they're going to win so I guess they shouldn't complain.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Jones will let him on the plane?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:07 AM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: At least he hasn't missed 4 XPs in one game like this Dallas kicker. Man, talk about a rough go of it.

4reel? I cut off the game after 3 misses. Did he miss a 4th? He should be fired along with the HC that lets him keep kicking them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He made the 5th one, so the only interesting aspect of this game just fizzled out. I'm off to bed.

Interestingly, the Bucs scored a TD before that and went for 2, so this game at that point had 5 total TDs and 0 made XPs.
Reply/Quote
Oh boy…

Reply/Quote