Poll: How far of a FG would you trust Evan McPherson to kick to win a game?
50-55
55-60
60+
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McPherson for a 60+ yard game winner?
If we're down 1 and there's a second left, what's the longest FG you'd attempt with Mcpherson before letting Burrow hail mary?

McPherson kicked a 67 yarder in practice in college. His 57 yarder in pre-season looks like it cleared 60 easily from some angles.

Tucker's 66 hit the crossbar and in, kind of insane.
Reply/Quote
For a game winner? Probably 64-68
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:38 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: For a game winner? Probably 64-68

I agree. Getting into a discussion with someone who said they would not trust a rookie kicker in that situation and let Burrow hail mary it. I think the stat on hail mary TD conversion is like 2.5%.

I think it's probably a better shot in that 62-63 range than a hail mary.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree. Getting into a discussion with someone who said they would not trust a rookie kicker in that situation and let Burrow hail mary it. I think the stat on hail mary TD conversion is like 2.5%.

I think it's probably a better shot in that 62-63 range than a hail mary.

62-63 id easily send him out there. I wouldn’t expect him to make it, but I feel like the chances are better than a big pass. I’d trust Evan’s leg over Joe’s arm at that distance.
Reply/Quote
Is it tied or are we trailing by 1-2? Is it exclusively as time expires?

I voted 60+. Exactly how far I go with that may depend on these details. I’m not doing it if the game is tied and there’s still 15+ seconds on the clock or so. I do it if we’re trailing. Maybe. Tough call.
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad to have such a weapon at Kicker that we're discussing this.

I'm also glad Bullock is gone so I don't have to see people whine incessantly about having a solid-but-not-great kicker.

Hooray for Sir Kicks-a-Lot!

(And yes, I just made another nickname for him)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry I made the poll answers poorly. I should have made them a little more detailed past 60, I think, lol.

Yeah, trailing by 1, no time left really (similar to BAL). Tucker is the best kicker ever, he said he was missing that kick by 1.5 yards in practice earlier that day. McPherson is going to win us a decent amount of games.
Reply/Quote
For a game winner definitely 60 plus.

Yet obviously only want to try this distance at the end of halftime or game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote