Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McPherson is already the #2 kicker in the league
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Tucker's grade is flawed. He gets to kick record breaking game winners after the play clock expires.
Reply/Quote
Shooter has that endearing quality about him where he's easy to root for as a fan. Of course, it's easy to offer up this opinion when he's delivering game winning kicks and nailing 50+ FGs.

If Shooter has longevity with the franchise, he'll likely sit atop the team's career scoring leader board. Plus, he's getting 17 games a year to kick. The top spot is held by Jim Breech with 1,151 points. Breech played with the Bengals for 13 seasons and a total of 181 games.

McPherson scored 130 points this season in 16/17 games. If he kicks for the Bengals for just 10 years and maintains a yearly point total of 130+ points, he'll pass Breech. For comparison, if we're talking about Tucker and Shooter as elite, Tucker's season low is 128 points and he has had 5 seasons of 140+ points.

McPherson is currently 37th on the points leader board in Bengals history. If he scores 130 points again, he'll bump up to 16th on the list by the end of his second season. If he does it again during season three, he'll be in top 10 territory around Randy (Randy is 8th with 394 points in 5 seasons, 62 games with the Bengals).

Anyhow, I'm probably posting way too soon about Shooter and points scored, but I like see where players rank on the all-time stats list with their team.

Random question, do kickers have a spot on the Ring of Honor? Should a guy like Breech be recognized for his achievements with the team?
Reply/Quote
Dude just tied Vinetaries record for single post season field goals in his rookie year. I believe he is also second in NFL history with points scored in a single post season at 48, behind vinateries 49. Stud.l, clutch, fun to watch, etc. never been excited about a kicker until him.
Reply/Quote
McPherson is a that perfect mix of tools/talent and off the charts confidence from early success. He’s got a chance to be an all time great. Can’t wait to see him, Joe B and Chase grow and win big games together for the next 10 plus years
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:31 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Dude just tied Vinetaries record for single post season field goals in his rookie year. I believe he is also second in NFL history with points scored in a single post season at 48, behind vinateries 49. Stud.l, clutch, fun to watch, etc. never been excited about a kicker until him.

Me either. I started following the team hardcore in 2005 so I don’t really remember Jim Breech. But I certainly never wanted to rock a Shayne Graham, Mike Nugent, Randy Bullock jersey when we had any of them. Nothing against those guys, but McPherson is just an exciting kicker with that big leg.

Reply/Quote
The kid made me laugh during the SB! He was sitting in the bench when the camera zoomed in on him and he had a goofy smile and gave a c'mon gesture!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The kid made me laugh during the SB! He was sitting in the bench when the camera zoomed in on him and he had a goofy smile and gave a c'mon gesture!

I couldn’t believe he stayed out there for the halftime show.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t believe he stayed out there for the halftime show.

I think that is what made it so funny! He was like, "I'm the kicker, f**k it, I can watch the halftime show"!!
Reply/Quote
I was excited about Huber the year he went to the pro bowl, I think he had a 70 yard punt that year.
Reply/Quote
He scores so much because the redzone offense was horrible this year...
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think that is what made it so funny! He was like, "I'm the kicker, f**k it, I can watch the halftime show"!!

I also thought for a split second if he was in the locker room though he could have said "if we need a 60 yarder put me in", since he was doinking/making 63 yarders in warmups. Might have for a split second changed Zac's decision on 4th and 1 on their 49. Putting Evan in for a 64 yarder at end of the game is what he's made of.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:50 PM)Tony Wrote: He scores so much because the redzone offense was horrible this year...

I thought early on our redzone offense was on fire, something like 80%, then it totally tanked in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:50 PM)Tony Wrote: He scores so much because the redzone offense was horrible this year...

We definitely lived off of the big explosive plays.

Reply/Quote
Greatest kicker the Bengals have ever had and its not even a close race..

Said at beginning of the season that he would be good for 2 extra wins and believe he at least did that for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t believe he stayed out there for the halftime show.

I'm actually surprised the media didn't call ZT out because of that.  Seems like it'd be easy to cry "can't control his players" when instead of being in the locker room they're watching the half time show, kicker or not. 

Good for Shooter McSwagger for watching his Snoop Diddle show, but I know if any Steelers players weren't in the locker room we'd be going after Tomlin.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Greatest kicker the Bengals have ever had and its not even a close race..

Said at beginning of the season that he would be good for 2 extra wins and believe he at least did that for Bengals.

Yeah but he ain't Fat Randy.   Cool
Reply/Quote

That's why we didn't win the bowl.
Reply/Quote
Q: What happens after the Bengals get a field goal?
A: McPherson struts
Reply/Quote