Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B J Hill the next Wallace Gilberry
(09-13-2021, 04:59 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm guessing 75-80% of Gilberry's sacks were secondary sacks or scramble sacks. Hill was straight up beating people today. Gilberry didn't do a lot of that as a Bengal.

Gilberry was always a very underrated player.  I thought he would have been drafted higher after getting 27 TFL and 10 sacks for Alabama his senior year.

Then he had a 7 sack season for the Chiefs before he came here.  From '13-'15 when we had one of the best defenses in the league Gilberry played over half the snaps and had 40 QB hits.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Hill did more today than Price did his entire career as a Bengal. Lol. Great trade. The dude was active all day and pushed the pocket. The D Line was awesome. Brought pressure and  shut down Dalvin Cook.

not sure price could have played worse than Trey Hopkins did on sunday

But at least hill is being productive
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gilberry was always a very underrated player.  I thought he would have been drafted higher after getting 27 TFL and 10 sacks for Alabama his senior year.

Then he had a 7 sack season for the Chiefs before he came here.  From '13-'15 when we had one of the best defenses in the league Gilberry played over half the snaps and had 40 QB hits.

Highly Underrated while he was here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We do have a tendency to underrate our own. Gilberry, Peko, Fanene, Reggie Kelly, Thornton and so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good comparison, and both players had a lot of success (low key) before we got them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: That trade is looking really solid early.

Honestly, if Hill doesn't piss a drop the rest of the year, that trade is already solid...lol. Better than watching Price get beat all day. Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Price was even worse than I thought the other night…

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Price was even worse than I thought the other night…

He is having to learn a whole new system.  So he is basically still a rookie.

Ninja
Reply/Quote