Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McPherson's Epic Quote
Shooter/McMoney McPherson's epic quote before the winning 52-yard field goal at Tennessee:

From an article today titled: Bengals' Evan McPherson confirms giving epic quote to backup QB, says Cincinnati is buzzing thanks to success

"Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow mentioned in the postgame press conference that he overheard McPherson telling backup quarterback Brandon Allen 'looks like we’re going to the AFC Championship' after warming up for a few moments before the game-winning kick."

"McPherson appeared on Fox News Channel’s America’s Newsroom and was asked by co-anchor Bill Hemmer whether he gave the iconic quote to Allen."

"'I did,' McPherson said. 'I’ll tell you the reason I kinda said it. How I explain it is I feel like, kinda saying something like that, you gotta back it up and so after saying that there’s kinda no other option but to go out there and make it.'"

"Dana Perino asked McPherson how the community has reacted to the Bengals’ success. McPherson said he used to be able to go into supermarkets and go relatively unnoticed. That’s not the case anymore."

"'The community is on fire. I love it. It started out with I could go to Target or go get my haircut and kinda go unnoticed,' he said. 'Now it’s funny now that we’re kinda in the spotlight and winning games, more and more I got to Target and somebody is like ‘Are you the Bengals kicker?’ and I’m like 'Yeah, yeah.’ It’s pretty cool (to see) the presence we’ve made in the Cincinnati area and it’s just so awesome. Like I said before, I’m just so happy to be a part of this team that’s kinda bringing life to the city of Cincinnati. Hopefully, we keep winning and bring more life.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bengals-evan-mcpherson-confirms-epic-quote
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Shooter/McMoney McPherson's epic quote before the winning 52-yard field goal at Tennessee:

From an article today titled: Bengals' Evan McPherson confirms giving epic quote to backup QB, says Cincinnati is buzzing thanks to success

"Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow mentioned in the postgame press conference that he overheard McPherson telling backup quarterback Brandon Allen 'looks like we’re going to the AFC Championship' after warming up for a few moments before the game-winning kick."

"McPherson appeared on Fox News Channel’s America’s Newsroom and was asked by co-anchor Bill Hemmer whether he gave the iconic quote to Allen."

"'I did,' McPherson said. 'I’ll tell you the reason I kinda said it. How I explain it is I feel like, kinda saying something like that, you gotta back it up and so after saying that there’s kinda no other option but to go out there and make it.'"

"Dana Perino asked McPherson how the community has reacted to the Bengals’ success. McPherson said he used to be able to go into supermarkets and go relatively unnoticed. That’s not the case anymore."

"'The community is on fire. I love it. It started out with I could go to Target or go get my haircut and kinda go unnoticed,' he said. 'Now it’s funny now that we’re kinda in the spotlight and winning games, more and more I got to Target and somebody is like ‘Are you the Bengals kicker?’ and I’m like 'Yeah, yeah.’ It’s pretty cool (to see) the presence we’ve made in the Cincinnati area and it’s just so awesome. Like I said before, I’m just so happy to be a part of this team that’s kinda bringing life to the city of Cincinnati. Hopefully, we keep winning and bring more life.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bengals-evan-mcpherson-confirms-epic-quote

Good for him!!!

Glad we have a legit kicker, NFL teams will start drafting kickers after this situation!

WHO DEY!!!

Who Dey
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, when I first saw that, I was like...........

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious

That's the kind of swagger and confidence that the entire team and this whole city needs!

The entire team needs that mentality in Kansas City to just say "we're coming to take this game!"
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, when I first saw that, I was like...........

Hilarious

That's the kind of swagger and confidence that the entire team and this whole city needs!

The entire team needs that mentality in Kansas City to just say "we're coming to take this game!"

Reply/Quote
Regarding the kicker, can we end the nickname debate? The team has chosen his nickname, and it's badass.

Shooter it is.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Regarding the kicker, can we end the nickname debate? The team has chosen his nickname, and it's badass.

Shooter it is.

I know. But didn't the announcers say for one of his earlier kicks that his nickname was McMoney and with that kind of nickname, he better make the kick? Or did I hear something that wasn't there?
Reply/Quote
All the other teams are considering drafting a kicker now....lol
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: I know. But didn't the announcers say for one of his earlier kicks that his nickname was McMoney and with that kind of nickname, he better make the kick? Or did I hear something that wasn't there?

I think at some point earlier in the year, he was asked which of the many nicknames he liked the most, and Money Mac was his response. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: I know. But didn't the announcers say for one of his earlier kicks that his nickname was McMoney and with that kind of nickname, he better make the kick? Or did I hear something that wasn't there?

Lapham and Hoard call him Money Mac throughout the game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Regarding the kicker, can we end the nickname debate? The team has chosen his nickname, and it's badass.

Shooter it is.

Tbh I hate that nickname. Mellow

I've been calling him Sir Kicks-a-Lot, or just his name.

Yall call him what you like. Money Mac sounds way better than "Shooter" though, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, when I first saw that, I was like...........

Hilarious

Who doesn't like a confident kicker. Even better, he walks the talk.

8/8 FGA in the playoffs including 2/2 from 50+ and the game winner. He was just as spectacular in the regular season. His FG% of 84.8% doesn't concern me since he attempted 11 kicks from 50+ and the Green Bay game was crazy with the kicking conditions.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who doesn't like a confident kicker. Even better, he walks the talk.

8/8 FGA in the playoffs including 2/2 from 50+ and the game winner. He was just as spectacular in the regular season. His FG% of 84.8% doesn't concern me since he attempted 11 kicks from 50+ and the Green Bay game was crazy with the kicking conditions.

He's going to be a difference maker for this franchise and make A LOT of big kicks to win A LOT of big games!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rem6jvyzo6jo0rf0gb...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I hate that nickname. Mellow

Yall call him what you like. Money Mac sounds way better than "Shooter" though, IMO.

I wasnt sold on Shooter until CJ had his Miked Up game vs the Raiders... when the two oldest guys on the roster by half a decade came up behind McPherson and did the shooter thing I lost it lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I wasnt sold on Shooter until CJ had his Miked Up game vs the Raiders... when the two oldest guys on the roster by half a decade came up behind McPherson and did the shooter thing I lost it lol.

Same.  And every time I say it now, I feel I have to say it that same way.  And it makes me laugh.  Anything is better than Legs Benedict, so I'm hoping that just finally dies... 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I hate that nickname. Mellow

You might have to take this up with the long snapper.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I wasnt sold on Shooter until CJ had his Miked Up game vs the Raiders... when the two oldest guys on the roster by half a decade came up behind McPherson and did the shooter thing I lost it lol.

(01-24-2022, 06:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You might have to take this up with the long snapper.  Hilarious

Can one of you link me this clip? I haven't seen it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can one of you link me this clip? I haven't seen it.

I've not seen the clip. I only noticed Harris posting about the nickname on Twitter.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can one of you link me this clip? I haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/Ck1FDE2fxyU

Close to the beginning.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:47 PM)magikod Wrote: All the other teams are considering drafting a kicker now....lol

Good luck finding one with a leg like that.

Reply/Quote

Anyone know if it is indeed the new rookie record?

Reply/Quote