Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McPherson takes responsibility for missed field goal
A real stand-up guy, to be sure:

""I have full trust in Mitch. At the end of the day, I just couldn't get it done," McPherson said. "Twenty-nine yards is 29 yards. I can hit that with my left foot, so there's really no excuse for me to not make that one."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: A real stand-up guy, to be sure:

""I have full trust in Mitch. At the end of the day, I just couldn't get it done," McPherson said. "Twenty-nine yards is 29 yards. I can hit that with my left foot, so there's really no excuse for me to not make that one."

I like this guy and this team more and more. Just quality individuals. Character really comes out in the losses.
Reply/Quote
The ball was leaning sideways with the laces right at him, but that’s standup of him to cover his teammate.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't fault anyone for the missed kicks. I think we all know if Harris was snapping we win the game. That was a tough position to put Wilcox in as well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Love this kid. It wasn’t on him.

We weren’t even in the game at all without his 59 yarder.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The ball was leaning sideways with the laces right at him, but that’s standup of him to cover his teammate.

Everyone was putting blame on the long snapper, and it would have been easiest thing in the world to echo that, but McPherson tried to take the blame off the long snapper and put it on his own shoulders. As you stated, ball was not lined up right, the laces were in, and even the announcers put the blame on the long snapper. But McPherson took the blame off the long snapper and put it on his own shoulders. That was very standup and his teammates will appreciate it.

We have seen a lot of teams where players point fingers at others. This team has quality individuals. Love these players.
Reply/Quote
Expected he would, not that often a kicker is such a big part of the team's personality as ours is. Confident as heck, talented as heck, and also a team driven guy. Snap was high, Huber should've downed it, and the kick was so bad I think the ball is in my garden currently... but these guys were trying to win and much as I've raged at them for yesterday's showing, I've no doubt the FG unit will be ready for Dallas and the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
Stand up guy, love him.
Reply/Quote
He's saying the right thing, so hats off there but it's probably easier to say something is on you when it's very evident that it isn't. He'd have a better case saying he was the reason that game-winning XP was blown, but you can only give "the right" answer to the questions they ask you.
Reply/Quote
That missed field goal is on Huber (the holder) IMO.

You kick on third down for a reason. Once that ball was snapped high and Huber put it down laces in and sideways...he should have just immediately spiked it and tried again on 4th down. He's a veteran, he should know better.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That missed field goal is on Huber (the holder) IMO.

You kick on third down for a reason. Once that ball was snapped high and Huber put it down laces out...he should have just immediately spiked it and tried again on 4th down. He's a veteran, he should know better.

Ex-actly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That missed field goal is on Huber (the holder) IMO.

You kick on third down for a reason. Once that ball was snapped high and Huber put it down laces in and sideways...he should have just immediately spiked it and tried again on 4th down. He's a veteran, he should know better.

I still don't even like the decision to kick on third down. Take a shot at Chase in the endzone on 3rd down. You have a franchise QB and a true #1 WR. Give them a shot before you use an emergency longsnapper. Burrow was 9/14 for 95 yards/1 TD and 3 defensive penalties on his last two drives, and 3 of those 5 incompletions were to Mike Thomas so don't throw to that turd. 

Shitty day for Burrow or not, don't take the ball out of Burrow and Chase's hands to put it in Michell Wilcox's. The way he was snapping, even 8 tries weren't enough to keep falling on shitty snaps until a good one comes around.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I still don't even like the decision to kick on third down. Take a shot at Chase in the endzone on 3rd down. You have a franchise QB and a true #1 WR. Give them a shot before you use an emergency longsnapper. Burrow was 9/14 for 95 yards/1 TD and 3 defensive penalties on his last two drives, and 3 of those 5 incompletions were to Mike Thomas so don't throw to that turd. 

Shitty day for Burrow or not, don't take the ball out of Burrow and Chase's hands to put it in Michell Wilcox's. The way he was snapping, even 8 tries weren't enough to keep falling on shitty snaps until a good one comes around.

That's where I'm at on it. I feel like Burrow to Chase could get us 8 yards.

This is a QB and WR that people talk about paying $50 and $30 million. They can get us 8 yards.
Reply/Quote