24. Denver...Jahmir Gibbs RB
25. Balt...Clark Phillips CB
26. Bengals...Devon Witherspoon CB
27. Minn...Zay Flowers WR
28. Buff...Antonio Johnson S
29. Cowboys...Lukas Van Ness DE
30. KC...Jared Verse EDGE
31. Philly...Isaiah Foskey DE

No Dolphin pick because it was forfeited. He shows a run on CB's before our pick, and... we take another anyway. I'd be ok with this. Maybe I'd consider Verse there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've seen a lot of CB taken by the Bengals around #26.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Witherspoon would be a good pick and yes, the bengals are going to pick CB early next draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Witherspoon would be a good pick and yes, the bengals are going to pick CB early next draft.

What they do in free agency is going to affect the draft this year. The Bengals have some key guys who are free agents but if they can yet the majority of them resigned or replaced the draft really opens up for the Bengals. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Devon Witherspoon was very impressive against Michigan, I could see him trending higher. Almost single-handedly won the game. Kelee Ringo is another name I'm interested who I think is more likely to be there but I don't know if we need another player like him because he is similar to Dax Hill in a lot of ways.
Reply/Quote
Ye of little faith, the Bengals will be picking 32nd

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Ye of little faith, the Bengals will be picking 32nd

Getting the first pick of Round 2 will be difficult.....
Reply/Quote
To me, CB, DE, or DT make the most sense. We are most likely drafting a depth piece. CB and DE are two of the deeper positions that could still have Rd1 worthy guys when we pick.

Though that DT from Baylor might be worth a slight reach, but iskinda redundant with Reader. But 1 of those two on the field at all times (save 3rd and long) would really make us tough to run on.

I'd be more than happy with Witherspoon. Oneof the other CBs, or a late first DE (Van Ness, Verse, etc).

I think Mayer would be tempting if there, ditto Robinson, but both are ling gone, methinks. None of the other TEs are first round worthy. I take at least one later though, regardless of what happens with Hurst.

Some OL help is always welcome, but I think the 3 OTs and 1 guard with first round grades are all gone. Perhaps rounds 2-5.

If we lose Bell and Bates we could take a S, but I don't think Lou lets that happen.
Reply/Quote
I might consider taking Foskey if things fell like that. A corner isn't a bad pick either of course.

Reply/Quote
It's a shame and blessing pundits are knocking Cam Smith down the boards but teams won't.. Cam Smith is hands down the best Corner in this draft class. He didnt put up the numbers in 2022 that he did in 2021 mainly because he only seen a 3rd of the targets because QBs went away from him.

I'm a big Devon Witherspoon fan and he fits what the Bengals like at corner tough guy that will take on ball carriers on the edges as a tackler. He is also the best man cover corner in college football in 2022. Hes a solid zone guy but that's something he will have to work on in the NFL. Especially considering most NFL defenses are going heavy zone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
A couple of guys not mentioned that the Bengals could also consider.

Darnell Wright is huge, 6'6 335, and had a solid year. Many think he is limited to only RT though.

No true LB's got slotted in this mock, which means the Bengals could snag the probable top one, Trenton Simpson.
Reply/Quote
McShay thinks a RB is going to go in the top 5 in 2023?

I like Bijan Robinson, but that would be crazy.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: McShay thinks a RB is going to go in the top 5 in 2023?

I like Bijan Robinson, but that would be crazy.

Bijan Robinson is probably a top 5 prospect but his position group will push him down draft boards. Bijan to Philadelphia has been a thing all season and while 5 is way early the fit is great. 

Reply/Quote
What happens in FA will certainly impact our thinking. But some things will be true no matter what happens with Bates, Bell, Pratt, Hurst, and Perine.

1) Most of our starters are FA guys (Hendrickson, Reader, Awuzie, Hilton, Bell, Hurst, Karras, Cappa, Collins) or guys who have signed 2nd contracts with us (Mixon, Boyd, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Apple) or been tagged (Bates). Mostly pretty pricey outside of Apple & Hurst. Or at least not cheap.

2) The cheap starters on rookie deals are coming due (Pratt, Wilson, Higgins) and the three are already $10 mil+ on their rook deals (Burrow, Chase, Jonah).

3) Once the big jumps kick in for Burrow & Chase (have to pay them) and whomever else we decide to pay (Jonah, Tee, Pratt, Bell, Wilson) some guys are gonna have to go.

4) The guys we are drafting now will need to step in. Matbe not right away, but soon.

5) The good news is, we are already somewhat pricey almost everywhere: RB, WR, OT, DE, DT, S. QB will be soon. TE, LB, IOL, and CB not as much. So we shouod not be fixated on position. We need talented (cheaper) guys at every spot save QB, WR1, and NT.
Reply/Quote
For me:

In FA: Bell is my top priority. I do not want to lose BOTH safeties. Therefore, I can *almost* take S off the board in Rd1. Branch would be hard to pass on if he was there.

Draft:

Gonna look first at CB & DE. I think both spots have enough talent that there should be a viable Rd1 level talent there when we pick:

CB: Porter Jr, Gonzalez, Ringo, Smith, Phillips, Witherspoon
DE (not OLB): Murphy, Wilson, Van Ness, Verse

I worry that Foskey, Smith, & Carter, & White are better at OLB, though that can be a tough call.

Tough to pass if they fall for some reason: Mayer (TE), Robinson (RB), Thomas (OT), Branch (S), any of the top 3 WRs (JSN, Addison, Johnston).

Worth a look late first, though might be a bit of a reach:
Zay Flowers (WR)
Torrence (OG)
Simpson (LB)
Sanders (LB)
Ika (NT)
Reply/Quote
Rd 2-4 I will look at:

1) CB/DE: whichever one not adressed in Rd1, both if neither.
2) TE: we need at least 1, 2 if Hurst gets away.
3) LB: only if Pratt leaves
4) OT: Wright, Cody Mauch, Duncan
5) WR: I love T&T & all, but neither is a long term starter, we still lack deep speed outside of Chase, and the future is cloudy for Boyd & Higgins. Could wait a year. Or draft a speed/return guy later (5-7). The kid from TCU is possible, but Rd 5 at the earliest.
6) Value anywhere. None of our backups are that good.
Reply/Quote
If Bell gets away in FA, safety is certainly in play in Rd1. Branch (Alabama) and Johnson (Texas A&M) are both legit 1st rounders. We could also try and move CTB to safety, pair him with Hill, and go CB in Rd1 (and make retaining Apple more of a priority). Maybe anothe S in rounds 2-5 to pair with Anderson as a backup.

But all those young S's make me nervous, as does moving CTB to S.

We do have some options, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 03:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Bell gets away in FA, safety is certainly in play in Rd1. Branch (Alabama) and Johnson (Texas A&M) are both legit 1st rounders. We could also try and move CTB to safety, pair him with Hill, and go CB in Rd1 (and make retaining Apple more of a priority). Maybe anothe S in rounds 2-5 to pair with Anderson as a backup.

But all those young S's make me nervous, as does moving CTB to S.

We do have some options, though.

With the likely departure of Jessie Bates losing Bell too would hurt alot... Dax Hill and a rookie starting could be ugly and even a veteran could take some time in a new defense. I think Vonn Bell is pretty much a must resign. If Germaine Pratt leaves linebacker could be a target especially if Trenton Simpson is sitting at the end the first. 

Reply/Quote
I really like Jalin Hyatt who announced his intentions to go pro this week. He's not very big, 6', 180, but his production is great. 67 catches, 18.9 per, and 15 td's. He won't last til the end of round two though.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 07:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Rd 2-4 I will look at:

1) CB/DE: whichever one not adressed in Rd1, both if neither.
2) TE: we need at least 1, 2 if Hurst gets away.
3) LB: only if Pratt leaves
4) OT: Wright, Cody Mauch, Duncan
5) WR: I love T&T & all, but neither is a long term starter, we still lack deep speed outside of Chase, and the future is cloudy for Boyd & Higgins. Could wait a year. Or draft a speed/return guy later (5-7). The kid from TCU is possible, but Rd 5 at the earliest.
6) Value anywhere. None of our backups are that good.

Curious which TCU kid you're talking about because I only know of Johnston (not saying he's their only but the only one I know) who will be gone in top 15.

Whats your thoughts on Mims (Oklahoma) in 2/3? I'm projecting him as slot but curious since he made Rattler look good that maybe he's a top 75 talent 
Reply/Quote