Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay's First Round Mock
McShay released his first round mock draft and it has us taking Kincaid at tight end out of Utah:

Quote:28. Cincinnati Bengals

Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

I wouldn't count out an offensive lineman here, but think about how a standout tight end could elevate this offense to another level. Joe Burrow threw only 92 passes to tight ends in 2022, sixth fewest in the league, and now Hayden Hurst is off to free agency. Cincinnati could really use a top-tier pass-catcher there to open things up more on the outside for the Bengals' trio of wideouts, provide a security blanket for Burrow over the middle and stretch the seam for chunk plays. With a big 6-foot-4, 240-pound frame, Kincaid is coming off two straight seasons with 500-plus yards and eight TDs.

Mayer was obviously already gone to the Packers at 15 but, regardless, I don't know about Kincaid. He seems more like a big receiver instead of a big physical tight end. I want a more physical tight end.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see them go a different route in Rd 1 (not TE) - I keep hearing its a deep draft for TE and there seems to be good TE free agent options too (with Hurst coming back at the top of my list). With so many other options, I hope they look at almost any other position in Rd 1 (OT, CB, DT, RB, LB)
Reply/Quote
I'd rather take Schoonmaker or Whyle later in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Didn't they have Musgrave to the Chiefs (or am I thinking of another mock)? I'd rather him than Kincaid personally since, like you said, Kincaid seems more WR than blocker. Musgrave is athletic too. Its who I picked in my latest mock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:45 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Didn't they have Musgrave to the Chiefs (or am I thinking of another mock)? I'd rather him than Kincaid personally since, like you said, Kincaid seems more WR than blocker. Musgrave is athletic too. Its who I picked in my latest mock.

They have the Chiefs taking Duncan (OT out of Maryland) and the Eagles taking Harrison (OT out of Oklahoma) the second and third picks after us.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 02:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They have the Chiefs taking Duncan (OT out of Maryland) and the Eagles taking Harrison (OT out of Oklahoma) the second and third picks after us.

Gotcha. Thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote