Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McTyer waived
CB Tory McTyer hits the waiver wire for the 2nd time this year. Likely he will be signed to the PS tomorrow if not picked up. DE Amani Bledsoe promoted to the active roster.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: CB Tory McTyer hits the waiver wire for the 2nd time this year. Likely he will be signed to the PS tomorrow if not picked up. DE Amani Bledsoe promoted to the active roster.

Like you said in the other thread, that tells me Geno will be out on Thursday as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Like you said in the other thread, that tells me Geno will be out on Thursday as well.

even if he plays both he and Daniels are dinged up.  Geno will be playing without practice and Daniels with a groin injury on a short week.  They need DL depth 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: CB Tory McTyer hits the waiver wire for the 2nd time this year.  Likely he will be signed to the PS tomorrow if not picked up.  DE Amani Bledsoe promoted to the active roster.

I thought that you could waive each player back to the PS 2 times without subjecting them to waivers as part of the Covid changes.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought that you could waive each player back to the PS 2 times without subjecting them to waivers as part of the Covid changes.

Only if they were promoted from the PS for game day.  McTyer was on the active roster already so he must clear waivers

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:17 PM)pally Wrote: Only if they were promoted from the PS for game day.  McTyer was on the active roster already so he must clear waivers

Gotcha.

I didn't realize he was already on the active roster.  I thought he was one of the call ups.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Gotcha.

I didn't realize he was already on the active roster.  I thought he was one of the call ups.

He was waived on cut down day. Then they placed Waynes on IR and he was signed to replace him.

Reply/Quote
Was McTyer active on Sunday? I never did see the full list of who was inactive.

Also, with Covid and the weird season, it still makes me scratch my head that they are sticking to the "non-active" players on game day. Just pull up 55 guys and use them as needed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was McTyer active on Sunday? I never did see the full list of who was inactive.

Also, with Covid and the weird season, it still makes me scratch my head that they are sticking to the "non-active" players on game day. Just pull up 55 guys and use them as needed.

Even without COVID, I don't understand why some guys need to be inactive. Give every team 53 (or 55) roster spots and let them fill them out and use the full roster on game days, if they want.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Even without COVID, I don't understand why some guys need to be inactive. Give every team 53 (or 55) roster spots and let them fill them out and use the full roster on game days, if they want.

I'm with you on that, have been for years.

Invite 80 guys to camp to cut 30 with no development system like MLB, just seems dumb.

Should be a 55 man active roster, and a 15 man practice squad.

Gives teams more roster flexibility, and also gives those fringe guys who need more time to develop a chance to do that.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The new Tony McRae.
Reply/Quote
He just got resigned to the PS
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote