Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron expected to play Sunday
According to Schefty, Twitter

Great news, considering how, in my opinion, he proved himself more than capable to win us our first playoff game against an inferior opponent if needed. Let's hope Eifert can get some snaps in this week so we can get him warmed up for the playoffs.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I just read an article that they said the sprain was worse than originally diagnosed.
Reply/Quote
I also read both articles, lol. One saying he'd probably sit, another saying he'll probably play. Funk da interwebz
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lol. Wow. Mess.

He needs to wrap that thing up and play.
Reply/Quote
Schefter is usually a very accurate source. I'll take his word above other sources.
Reply/Quote
Between the wrist injury and the fumble that blew us the game McCarron really needs to sack up.
Reply/Quote
How much mula you guys want to put down that Eifert doesn't play? Are the Bengals going full force to beat Baltimore and try to get #2? Based on other sources, it feels like they're waivering. I have a feeling "if we win it, great, if we don't, at least some players rested".
Reply/Quote
Hoping AJM can go come Sunday and going forward this season. I'm also hoping Hewitt and Eifert can come back this week as well.

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think playing vs Ravens could help AJMC's confidence going into the playoffs..

I also think it would be cool haha for Wenning to play against his former team but what I saw in preseason was turrible.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I think playing vs Ravens could help AJMC's confidence going into the playoffs..

I also think it would be cool haha for Wenning to play against his former team but what I saw in preseason was turrible.

Based on what you saw in preseason, what do you suspect would happen if he did play? xD
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should handle this game like a preseason game.

McCarron should play maybe the first quarter or perhaps the first half. I do not want us to be the Cardinals of last year resorting to a bum QB signed off of the street a few weeks before the playoffs.

Would it be nice to secure a 1st round bye? Yes. But I would also not risk our chances in the playoffs for such a small possibility. Not to mention that if we lose and the Broncos lose, we still have a chance to get the bye anyway, needing the Chiefs to win in that scenario.

I think after last year against the Colts, our main focus should be to get as healthy as possible. So I say act like this is a preseason game and switch to backups after the first quarter or half. Also helps to get them some experience as well anyway.
Reply/Quote
We need Macaroni for several reasons. For one, he needs all the reps and experience he can get. We also still have a small chance of getting the BYE and we can finish with the best record (12-4) since 1988.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:25 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I think the Bengals should handle this game like a preseason game.

McCarron should play maybe the first quarter or perhaps the first half. I do not want us to be the Cardinals of last year resorting to a bum QB signed off of the street a few weeks before the playoffs.

Would it be nice to secure a 1st round bye? Yes. But I would also not risk our chances in the playoffs for such a small possibility. Not to mention that if we lose and the Broncos lose, we still have a chance to get the bye anyway, needing the Chiefs to win in that scenario.

I think after last year against the Colts, our main focus should be to get as healthy as possible. So I say act like this is a preseason game and switch to backups after the first quarter or half. Also helps to get them some experience as well anyway.

Agreed, given that half of the equation for a bye is out of our hands...we need a Denver loss regardless of whether we win or lose.  Chiefs should handle the Raiders.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I think playing vs Ravens could help AJMC's confidence going into the playoffs..

Watching AJ play against the #1 defense in the league in their house, I don't think he has a confidence problem at all....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 01:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: Schefter is usually a very accurate source. I'll take his word above other sources.

Yeah, he is about the only one who is almost always on the money.

I would of took it with a grain of salt if it was anyone else.

So, damn good news.
Reply/Quote
As long as McCarron doesn't get slammed onto his bad wrist, it's all good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
*knock on wood*
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:34 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Agreed, given that half of the equation for a bye is out of our hands...we need a Denver loss regardless of whether we win or lose.  Chiefs should handle the Raiders.  

No, if we lose we don't get the bye for sure. Play to win the damn game, atleast we would be taking
care of our part trying to get the bye to rest our fellas.

If we lose and then the Broncos lose that would make me ashamed. But if we won it alteast we tried.

We lose, we don't get a bye and we are banged up anyways.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 01:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How much mula you guys want to put down that Eifert doesn't play? Are the Bengals going full force to beat Baltimore and try to get #2? Based on other sources, it feels like they're waivering. I have a feeling "if we win it, great, if we don't, at least some players rested".

I hope he doesn't play, no reason for him too, rest up, we will need up come playoff time.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We need Macaroni for several reasons. For one, he needs all the reps and experience he can get. We also still have a small chance of getting the BYE and we can finish with the best record (12-4) since 1988.

Absolutely....

(12-30-2015, 02:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching AJ play against the #1 defense in the league in their house, I don't think he has a confidence problem at all....

Agreed.  I just think he needs the reps and needs to see more defenses.  The more he gets, the better off he will be in the playoffs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote