Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media amping up the no Burrow to Bengals efforts
From an nfl.com mock draft

Pick #1: Dolphins take Burrow

Quote:PROJECTED TRADE WITH BENGALS. If there is any sense in Cincinnati that Burrow doesn't want to be a Bengal long-term, then the team should listen to offers. An NFL executive I consulted with felt that including all three of Miami's first-round picks in this deal would be too much, so I'm sending Cincy Pick Nos. 5 and 18, as well as second-round selections.

Pick #5: Bengals take Herbert

Quote:PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS. With the Bengals trading back in this scenario, it's worth noting that head coach Zac Taylor and his staff should have a feel for Herbert after working with him at the Senior Bowl in January. If they liked what they saw, it might be enough to allow them to accept this trade and make this pick.

Bengals would also take LB Kenneth Murray at pick 18.

Link to article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107112/article/lance-zierlein-nfl-mock-draft-20-dolphins-go-get-joe-burrow

My take, it's killing big media, ESPN, etc. that a talent like Burrow doesn't play for a big market team or historically great franchise. They want to continue the narrative Burrow isn't going to be a Bengal. They want to will him out of Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: From an nfl.com mock draft

Link to article:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107112/article/lance-zierlein-nfl-mock-draft-20-dolphins-go-get-joe-burrow

My take, it's killing big media, ESPN, etc. that a talent like Burrow doesn't play for a big market team or historically great franchise.  They want to continue the narrative Burrow isn't going to be a Bengal.  They want to will him out of Cincinnati.

An NFL executive I consulted--Miami's GM.

It's not gonna stop until the pick is made and he's a Bengal.

If you're in the "media," not only is there not a repercussion for saying stupid shit, it is actually encouraged. These are a bunch of rodents in a box, trying to climb over each other to get to the top.

And a very important fact to remember is that no sports are being played.  And what is more volatile than a bunch of talking head with nothing to talk about?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This was just Greg Zierlein doing a what if mock I can't fault him for this. He isn't trying to push a narrative.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: This was just Greg Zierlein doing a what if mock I can't fault him for this. He isn't trying to push a narrative.

When you get right down to it, sure he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
lol its the media they need to talk about something

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: From an nfl.com mock draft

Link to article:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107112/article/lance-zierlein-nfl-mock-draft-20-dolphins-go-get-joe-burrow

My take, it's killing big media, ESPN, etc. that a talent like Burrow doesn't play for a big market team or historically great franchise.  They want to continue the narrative Burrow isn't going to be a Bengal.  They want to will him out of Cincinnati.

just ignore.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 03:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: just ignore.  

I have been, but that "rumor" is really, really starting to pick up some momentum down here. I just read four different articles about it on my news feed. I'm with McC when it comes to these media heads. Ts, in all honesty, it's growing in the state of Florida.

Could be hokeem, but it may not be? Regardless, it's definitely growing longer legs down here.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:32 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I have been, but that "rumor" is really, really starting to pick up some momentum down here. I just read four different articles about it on my news feed. I'm with McC when it comes to these media heads. Ts, in all honesty, it's growing in the state of Florida.

Could be hokeem, but it may not be? Regardless, it's definitely growing longer legs down here.

Dolphins first tried to convince Burrow by proxy to not play for Bengals; Burrow said he will play so now the influencers with the phins are trying to produce political pressure. They get paid to do this.  It has no legs.  It is not going to happen.  Phins will have to settle for an oft injured QB in Tua or settle for an average QB in Herbert.  

Why don't the Phins offer the same deal to the Chiefs?  Would the Chiefs trade their QB?  nope.  Burrow will be a Bengal for the next two decades if he produces up to his potential.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 10:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dolphins first tried to convince Burrow by proxy to not play for Bengals; Burrow said he will play so now the influencers with the phins are trying to produce political pressure. They get paid to do this.  It has no legs.  It is not going to happen.  Phins will have to settle for an oft injured QB in Tua or settle for an average QB in Herbert.  

Why don't the Phins offer the same deal to the Chiefs?  Would the Chiefs trade their QB?  nope.  Burrow will be a Bengal for the next two decades if he produces up to his potential.  

I think JB is our guy too! Ts, Phins fans are salivating. 

I'm not as down on Tua or Herbert as others. I think both have a great opportunity to be very good, and in any other year would be happy with either, if drafted by Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Just one more month and this nonsense will be done.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just one more month and this nonsense will be done.

I'm hoping that is a true of a many of things going on right now.
Reply/Quote