Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media being inappropriate when it comes to immigration
(02-12-2018, 03:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep, he's a criminal for living in Brazil for 3 years. Definitely need to deport this father and business owner. Super good argument for killing jobs in the US. Not influenced by hatred of brown people.

How about just the Green Card policy?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/820/~/can-a-u.s.-lawful-permanent-resident-leave-multiple-times-and-return

Quote:If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you may leave the U.S. multiple times and reenter, as long as you do not intend to stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more.

If you intend to stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more, you must apply for a re-entry permit with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) prior to leaving the U.S. Re-entry permits are generally valid for 2 years from the date of issuance. Therefore, if you are outside of the U.S. longer than the date the permit was issued, you may be denied entry into the U.S.

To apply for a re-entry permit, you must file an Application for a Travel Document (I-131) with the USCIS. If you applied for permanent resident status, but are not yet officially a lawful permanent resident "green card holder" and you need to leave the U.S. on emergency, you must apply for and receive advance parole to leave the U.S. by filing a I-131 with USCIS.

For additional information, see the USCIS Policy Manual.

If you are required to file documents prior to leaving the U.S., it is imperative that you do so, otherwise, you may be found inadmissible and denied reentry into the U.S.

If you are a green card holder and you do not stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more, you should have either your green card (I-551) or your returning resident visa to re-enter the United States. You are not required to present your unexpired passport, however it is not a bad idea to carry it with you.

If you wish to receive automatic updates to this Q&A, select "Subscribe to Updates" on the left side of this screen.
(02-12-2018, 05:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And violated the terms of his Green Card.  That’s the bigger deal I’m all of this stuff.

Oh no, he moved to Brazil for 3 years in the 80's. Let's shut down his businesses that provide jobs and deport him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-12-2018, 05:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about just the Green Card policy?  

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/820/~/can-a-u.s.-lawful-permanent-resident-leave-multiple-times-and-return

Definitely worth shutting some businesses down over. We don't need the jobs or tax revenue. 

(02-12-2018, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Oh no, he moved to Brazil for 3 years in the 80's. Let's shut down his businesses that provide jobs and deport him. 

It’s the law. And all he had to do was file an N-470.
(02-12-2018, 05:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Definitely worth shutting some businesses down over. We don't need the jobs or tax revenue. 

They won’t shut down. His wife and children can run them.
(02-12-2018, 05:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s the law.   And all he had to do was file an N-470.

(02-12-2018, 05:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They won’t shut down.  His wife and children can run them.

So we deport business owners and fathers over not filing paperwork 20 years ago and then penalize them when they try to correct it because of a testimony that was recanted? That's solid common sense policy that's definitely making this country great. 

(02-12-2018, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So we deport business owners and fathers over not filing paperwork 20 years ago and then penalize them when they try to correct it because of a testimony that was recanted? That's solid common sense policy that's definitely making this country great. 

What his wife claimed is irrelevant. He violated the terms of his LPR. He would have to start the application over again and any previous claims of fraud would have been taken into consideration . Which is probably why he never filed again. Once USCIS is alerted to fraud by the principle USC in the petition then there will be heavy scrutiny moving forward. When it comes to fraud cases they ask the USC for details so they can decide if it’s legitamate or sour grapes over a relationship gone bad.
(02-12-2018, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So we deport business owners and fathers over not filing paperwork 20 years ago and then penalize them when they try to correct it because of a testimony that was recanted? That's solid common sense policy that's definitely making this country great. 

Libertarians always trying to get big gov out of our lives....   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He will never get back in.... violated his green card and had a fraud allegation. No reason why USCIS will do him any favors moving forward. Not when there are actually people waiting who follow the laws exactly.

Lemme edit this to say it’s highly unlikely he will ever get back here. He could do a cr-1 now but wth the fraud allegation and failed GC it will probably take a lot longer.
(02-12-2018, 06:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He will never get back in....  violated his green card and had a fraud allegation.    No reason why USCIS will do him any favors moving forward.   Not when there are actually people waiting who follow the laws exactly.

Lemme edit this to say it’s highly unlikely he will ever get back here.    He could do a cr-1 now but wth the fraud allegation and failed GC it will probably take a lot longer.

Mellow
(02-12-2018, 06:08 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Mellow

Once again you show your ignorance on immigration. Issues. Fraud allegations for USCIS are big trouble for both the applicant and petitioner.
(02-12-2018, 06:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Once again you show your ignorance on immigration. Issues.   Fraud allegations for USCIS are big trouble for both the applicant and petitioner.

Such an angry elf.   Smirk

I was pointing out that your post equated "allegations" with actually breaking of the rules.

I am fully aware that if each and every immigrant does not follow the rules to your exact liking you want them out.

And if they DO follow all the rules and still are not citizens you want them out.

And that your lack of understanding of how the visa lottery and family reunification processes work has been displayed multiple times while the word "ignorance" is bandied about in posts directed at others.

I do not expect to change minds of those unwilling to think beyond what they already "know".

Rock On
(02-12-2018, 06:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What his wife claimed is irrelevant.   He violated the terms of his LPR.  He would have to start the application over again and any previous claims of fraud would have been taken into consideration .  Which is probably why he never filed again.   Once USCIS is alerted to fraud by the principle USC in the petition then there will be heavy scrutiny moving forward.  When it comes to fraud cases they ask the USC for details so they can decide if it’s legitamate or sour grapes over a relationship gone bad.

According to multiple article he did try to reapply and the coerced testimony that his ex wife recanted prevented him from getting approved. 

Decades, many lawyers, and a congressman later, he still couldn't get approved and was arrested as ICE ignored a bipartisan congressional request to perform a 6 month review of his case.

The reality is sometimes the system fails people who try to do the right thing. People who are credited by their town with helping revive the economy with their many businesses. The solution isn't to deport them but fix the system and let this great people stay and help this country grow. Tough luck, man, you briefly moved to Brazil, now get out and take your multiple businesses with you.

Like I've said, this lacks common sense.

(02-12-2018, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to multiple article he did try to reapply and the coerced testimony that his ex wife recanted prevented him from getting approved. 

Decades, many lawyers, and a congressman later, he still couldn't get approved and was arrested as ICE ignored a bipartisan congressional request to perform a 6 month review of his case.

The reality is sometimes the system fails people who try to do the right thing. People who are credited by their town with helping revive the economy with their many businesses. The solution isn't to deport them but fix the system and let this great people stay and help this country grow. Tough luck, man, you briefly moved to Brazil, now get out and take your multiple businesses with you.

Like I've said, this lacks common sense.

This is easily avoided by merely filing the. N-470 and waiting to be approved before he left.

You can talk about his community and business all you wish. None of that is relevant here because he failed to follow he most basic and simple process.

As for his fraud ....... even with his fraud, that was later recanted to help him after the fact, had he filed the N-470 or just came back from Brazil before a full year tolled...... he would be a citizen by now.

You are upset and trying to make this emotional when the reality is he just punted on his paperwork either because he was incompetent or didn’t care about the law. He should have been gone in the 80’s. Shame on every administration for not deporting him but in the end it’s on him.
(02-12-2018, 06:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Such an angry elf.   Smirk

I was pointing out that your post equated "allegations" with actually breaking of the rules.

I am fully aware that if each and every immigrant does not follow the rules to your exact liking you want them out.

And if they DO follow all the rules and still are not citizens you want them out.

And that your lack of understanding of how the visa lottery and family reunification processes work has been displayed multiple times while the word "ignorance" is bandied about in posts directed at others.

I do not expect to change minds of those unwilling to think beyond what they already "know".

Rock On

Not my liking. USCIS handles this stuff. They are very deliberate and informative on what to do and how to do it..... only an idiot can not follow the step by step instructions.

No emotional argument can be made here..... he just screwed up the application then pissed off his ex and she filed a fraud allegation.

Lessons to learn from this .......

1. Don’t piss off the person petitioning for your visa/GC/etc
2. File your paperwork on time and when you have a Green Card don’t leave the country for now Han 1 year unless you file the N-470.
(02-12-2018, 09:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is easily avoided by merely filing the. N-470 and waiting to be approved before he left.  

You can talk about his community and business all you wish.   None of that is relevant here because he failed to follow he most basic and simple process.  

As for his fraud .......  even with his fraud, that was later recanted to help him after the fact, had he filed the N-470 or just came back from Brazil before a full year tolled...... he would be a citizen by now.    

You are upset and trying to make this emotional when the reality is he just punted on his paperwork either because he was incompetent or didn’t care about the law.    He should have been gone in the 80’s.   Shame on every administration for not deporting him but in the end it’s on him.

Anytime there's a story about a brown person being deported, you first claim they didn't try to do things the legal way and say they should have. Then when confronted with the fact that they did, you claim they're just incompetent. 

Incapable of providing a legitimate argument for why we should deport law abiding citizens who own multiple businesses, you've now resorted to claiming he committed fraud after initially admitting he was only accused of it. Too bad he's not Eastern European. You'd be praising him.

(02-12-2018, 10:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anytime there's a story about a brown person being deported, you first claim they didn't try to do things the legal way and say they should have. Then when confronted with the fact that they did, you claim they're just incompetent. 

Incapable of providing a legitimate argument for why we should deport law abiding citizens who own multiple businesses, you've now resorted to claiming he committed fraud after initially admitting he was only accused of it. Too bad he's not Eastern European. You'd be praising him.

There is no legitimate argument for keeping him or anyone who messes up paperwork here. You either follow the laws or you do not.

I mention the issues about people getting deported because it’s usually based off their incompetence. Same for the visa over stays. Has zero to do with “brown” people.

If you want to help brown people then you should offer to help them file their paperwork, you don’t need to be licensed or certified. It would actually be a good lesson in one of your classes. The fact is Americans have no idea about this process and could use some basic understanding.

Or at least filing for a visa to even visit another country.

And filing for a passport .
(02-12-2018, 10:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no legitimate argument for keeping him or anyone who messes up paperwork here.  You either follow the laws or you do not.  

Sure there is. He's a business owner he provides a boost to the economy. We don't ban someone with a clean record from driving a car because they messed up some simple paperwork issue with their registration. We work with getting it straight.

Quote:I mention the issues about people getting deported because it’s usually based off their incompetence.   Same for the visa over stays.   Has zero to do with “brown” people.   

They just happen to all be brown, the very people you said are "animals" and shouldn't be in the US. Definitely not a motivating factor for your attack of a businessman and father who didn't commit fraud. 

(02-12-2018, 10:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sure there is. He's a business owner he provides a boost to the economy. We don't ban someone with a clean record from driving a car because they messed up some simple paperwork issue with their registration. We work with getting it straight.

They just happen to all be brown, the very people you said are "animals" and shouldn't be in the US. Definitely not a motivating factor for your attack of a businessman and father who didn't commit fraud. 

1. Your analogy makes zero sense. This isn’t driving a car. This is entering the country.

2. Post a story about a white person making the same stupid error and I will happily post about it for that thread.
(02-12-2018, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Your analogy makes zero sense.  This isn’t driving a car.   This is entering the country.  

That's like saying "your metaphor makes zero sense, hearts can't actually be gold". What about the analogy, asides from the fact that it is an analogy so it compares two different things, do you think makes zero sense?

Also, please don't tell me that my metaphor analogy makes zero since because "I wasn't talking about metaphors. I was talking about analogies".

Quote:2. Post a story about a white person making the same stupid error and I will happily post about it for that thread.

That would require the government to deport a white person.