Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Mini-Burfict
Watch this kid. Isn't it like watching Burfict, only smaller? MUCH SMALLER?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 04:13 AM)Shady Wrote: Watch this kid. Isn't it like watching Burfict, only smaller? MUCH SMALLER?

...not really the same player at all.
Reply/Quote
Tremendous player. Reminds me more of a Reggie Nelson type, than a Vontaze Burfict..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tremendous player.  Reminds me more of a Reggie Nelson type, than a Vontaze Burfict..

I could get behind this comparison a bit.
Reply/Quote
I did notice the3 kid knows how to wrap up a tackle....something some of our "guided missiles" seem to have forgotten...
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't mind this pick in the 2nd round, like his tackling and ball skills.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:47 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Wouldn't mind this pick in the 2nd round, like his tackling and ball skills.

I just don't think safety is a place we need to be spending early round picks. Williams and Illoka may not be the best, but they are better at their jobs than plenty of other positions.
Reply/Quote
Ive seen alot of mocks with us picking him in 2
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...not really the same player at all.

I just think they carry themselves similarly, and they move and tackle a little the same. Burfict is obviously alot bigger, and Baker's much faster, but there's just something about them. I'd love seeing them paired up. And if we got Reuben Foster in the first round? Our D would be great, if Billings comes back strong. We'd still have to hope that MJ has a better year, or that Will Clarke would take another step – or 2 – in his development, but I'd take Budda Baker over Shawn Williams any day of the week.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I like him, I definitely think we need a safety
Reply/Quote
He can get on Derron Smith's back and form a second George iloka :ninja:

Clear upgrades are Adam's and Hooker, after that I might look for a guy in the later rounds. That said, I like Baker.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just don't think safety is a place we need to be spending early round picks. Williams and Illoka may not be the best, but they are better at their jobs than plenty of other positions.

Agree with this, plus Iloka and Williams are signed for the long term.  Which means it would take an injury to even give Derron Smith or Fej a shot.  I even like our depth at Safety.  

Perhaps we would be more enamored with our safeties if they were granted more blitz opportunities.  It seemed a lot of Baker's highlights were at or behind the line of scrimmage.  The very few times they did blitz a safety, I really liked what I saw.  

I guess the issue becomes the coaches play scared and have no trace of testicals...just an empty sack.  Kind of like my lab, Hootie.  I waited to have him neutered for a year because there is all this literature about how it helps their joints develop, etc. and after two ACL surgerys with my first lab, it made sense.  However, after his surgery, he just has an empty ball sack hanging down.  It looked kind of pathetic.  Then, I saw that they have artificial balls you can put in....I thought it might make a nice Christmas gift.  Ultimately, we did not buy him balls...no need for another surgery just for cosmetics.  His sack did eventually receed and you don't really see it any more.

I know that might have been the tangent to end all tangents, but the take home message is that I wish Paulie and Coyle had more balls.  I think our Bengal Balls, at least on defense, went to Minnesota and Miami.  Maybe they sell prosthetic balls for coaches?  Might make a nice Christmas gift.
Reply/Quote
WOW this kid is a very sound tackler..
Reply/Quote
Buddy is going to shoot up draft boards much similar to Joseph from last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 06:55 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Buddy is going to shoot up draft boards much similar to Joseph from last year.

That's a good comp. Without the injury concerns. 

Safety is loaded this year. 
Reply/Quote