Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet and Greet and stuff
(06-25-2018, 12:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL - She has to actually be a fan before she can "take one for the team!"

Kudos on the comeback. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For those with wives and other domestic partner arrangements who long to share your fandom with them just remember the good feeling of being able to sneak off in private to do nothing but sit there and debate everything Bengals without the interference from others. Just think of it as mental masturbation that you don't want to get caught doing ,but is still funner than a sharp stick in the eye.  See, I can close my eyes and pretend that the Bengals have won the super bowl every year since before I was even born . It's my fantasy and nobody can say it never happened in my fantasy world.. Of course it happened and will continue to until I die. If I had to share it with the Mrs she would point out that I'm freaking crazy and ruin everything   .. Keep it to yourself and keep those fantasies intact  ..In the immortal words of Matin Luther King Jr.. I have a dream!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Meet & greet then stuff ?

I always though you should work dinner in there somewhere before ya stuff em ?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 12:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: Although it wouldn't do much for your long term relationship and she probably would have you arrested and leave you you could knock her around a bit and demand she become a die hard Bengals fan OR ELSE!  
On second thought that's a bad idea as forced random seldom works in anyones favor.. Don't do it. 

She would beat me up. She's 50 and ripped. I'm 51, 38yr smoker with a beer belly. The dog picks his battles and that's not a good one.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Meet & greet then stuff ?

I always though you should work dinner in there somewhere before ya stuff em ?

LOL - Thought about Thanksgiving. It would be a cold day in heck before Mrs. Dog let me stuff an onion up her ______?

Reply/Quote
Maybe it is as simple as getting Andy to throw a few Omaha's into his audibles to get Mrs Dog interested in the Bengals. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
if someone can't sit down & watch a Bengals game & not get jacked up …..

well i'd say your just kicking a dead horse on this issue....
I don't blame ya for trying, but i'd say it's a lost cause....

some ppl just don't "get it"....
might be best to just wish/hope that during the game she doesn't talk endlessly about all kinds of dumb stuff....?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 01:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: She would beat me up. She's 50 and ripped. I'm 51, 38yr smoker with a beer belly. The dog picks his battles and that's not a good one.

Even though I've been smoking longer than many here have been walking the earth I could still probably beat up the old woman AND LITTLE GIRLS selling girlscout cookies..  Now,  does this in and of itself make me some kind of tough guy people should admire and  look up to ?  I'm gonna say probably not. And I'm in no way suggesting that anyone else should ever aspire to such lofty things as beating up women and little girls.. 
I'll just remain the humble mostly non violent old man who finds such behavior to be completely unnecessary and unwanted . lol
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 08:16 AM)BengalD Wrote: Maybe get her to the ladies football 101, where Marvin and the organization explain football and treat them like royalty at PBS for an afternoon.  Football 101 might not be the correct name - but I do know they typically had something like that every year for the ladies.

Another great idea.  A friend of mine does this with her mother every year and they absolutely love it.  She couldn't say enough about Hue Jackson...said he "stole the show" because he was so much fun and a few players always stop through.  They get to meet a ton of people at PBS and even get a tour inside the locker rooms and such.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 01:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: She would beat me up. She's 50 and ripped. I'm 51, 38yr smoker with a beer belly. The dog picks his battles and that's not a good one.

OK, dude, you are the Jedi Master of all things GIF, pics, etc, but how on earth did you miss this opportunity?   You're slipping...
Reply/Quote

Careful Harley, better get off your tail and get into shape.  Elsewise, she might hook up with her crossfit instructor..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: Even though I've been smoking longer than many here have been walking the earth I could still probably beat up the old woman AND LITTLE GIRLS selling girlscout cookies..  Now,  does this in and of itself make me some kind of tough guy people should admire and  look up to ?  I'm gonna say probably not. And I'm in no way suggesting that anyone else should ever aspire to such lofty things as beating up women and little girls.. 
I'll just remain the humble mostly non violent old man who finds such behavior to be completely unnecessary and unwanted . 

Jekyll and Hyde…… oops meant………….. steeler fan / Bengals fan.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: OK, dude, you are the Jedi Master of all things GIF, pics, etc, but how on earth did you miss this opportunity?   You're slipping...

I was at work.  Cry

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Careful Harley, better get off your tail and get into shape.  Elsewise, she might hook up with her crossfit instructor..   Ninja

I'm good in bed and I'm sexy as F! I got this.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Careful Harley, better get off your tail and get into shape.  Elsewise, she might hook up with her crossfit instructor..   Ninja

We will never be fit enough, rich enough, tall enough, etc for so many of the materialistic bitches in the world today that think Real Housewives of New York is a model for behavior.  Makes me want to puke.  
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We will never be fit enough, rich enough, tall enough, etc for so many of the materialistic bitches in the world today that think Real Housewives of New York is a model for behavior.  Makes me want to puke.  

Sad, but true.  No wonder sex robots are now a thing. 

Edit: Sorry to encourage a thread derailment, but this one seems to be taking a turn for the weird..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad, but true.  No wonder sex robots are now a thing. 

A.W.E.S.O.M. - O is not a pleasure bot.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We will never be fit enough, rich enough, tall enough, etc for so many of the materialistic bitches in the world today that think Real Housewives of New York is a model for behavior.  Makes me want to puke.  

That's what hookers are for. 

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread...……...
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 06:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember a few years ago (probably been more like 10 - LOL) that some Bengal players had a hamburger eating contest at a restaurant and mingled with the fans. Does any of that kind of interaction go on anymore? 

You ask: Why do you ask Dog?

Well, my wife has always been a Indianapolis Colts fan (Damn Peyton Manning) but has since lost interest in football. When Peyton retired, she really lost her interest. I tried to get her to come to the dark side (Cincinnati). She tried and even watched a few games with me. But she wasn't in it. Now the National Anthem thing killed it for her (I don't wan't to talk about the anthem). I want her to be a Bengal fan and I think, if she was able to meet (I didn't say meat Fred) she would have a sense of knowing them and stuff and possibly take an interest and make my NFL football season more enjoyable.

You ask: so this is all about you?

WTF is this a 60 minute interview? I asked a question? Damn! 

Taste of Cincy is probably your best bet. Also take her to the weekly show by the enquirer. They have players there and they mingle with fans.
Reply/Quote

Incel?
Reply/Quote