Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet the holocaust denier running unopposed for the GOP primary in IL-3
Arthur Jones, a former leader in the American Nazi Party is a frequent guest at Hitler commemoration rallies. He is active in his anti semitism and believes that the Holocaust is a lie and an "extortion racket by the Jews". He is pro racial segregation and happens to be the only Republican running for Illinois' 3rd congressional district.

The GOP did not even field a candidate in 2016, a testament to the strong blue leaning of this district, so it is no surprise that Jones is able to do this.

Here he is on CNN

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Another reason why hyper-partisanship hurts all Americans. Both parties need legitimate opposition to keep each-other balanced. I assure you there are more than a handful of people that would vote for this guy over a "damn liberal" or something of that manner.
(02-08-2018, 04:49 PM)treee Wrote: Another reason why hyper-partisanship hurts all Americans. Both parties need legitimate opposition to keep each-other balanced. I assure you there are more than a handful of people that would vote for this guy over a "damn liberal" or something of that manner.

There are a few of those individuals perusing these very boards.
I'm tempted to go to his website so I can learn what really happened to all those dead people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-08-2018, 05:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm tempted to go to his website so I can learn what really happened to all those dead people.

I'd like to visit that website too, but I'm afraid my work would not allow that to happen. 

what a schmuck.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Can the GOP kick him out of the party? And if they can, why havent they? I know the Dems can have some radical idiot candidates as well, but this guy takes the cake.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-09-2018, 04:02 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Can the GOP kick him out of the party? And if they can, why havent they? I know the Dems can have some radical idiot candidates as well, but this guy takes the cake.

They've disowned him, but he went through the proper channels to register as a candidate and is running unopposed so there's not much they can do outside of try to get someone else in if there's no deadline. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-09-2018, 04:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They've disowned him, but he went through the proper channels to register as a candidate and is running unopposed so there's not much they can do outside of try to get someone else in if there's no deadline. 

Per this article the state GOP didnt even try to put anyone up against him, even a write-in candidate 6 weeks after knowing he was already registered to run.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/arthur-jones-when-a-holocaust-denier-slithered-into-view-the-illinois-gop-failed-to-act/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

"Illinois' 3rd Congressional District: Literally Nobody Else Wants To Represent Us"' .....is a hell of a depressing slogan. I don't see how NOBODY else is willing to just throw their name into the hat.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I hate Illinois Nazis
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

This is amongst the more absurde things I've seen. The nominee's a nazi because there's no real race anyway, so why waste any resources. Wow.

I take it as another major piece of evidence that the two-party system sucks.