Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet your 2017 Draft First Round Pick
Sorry to spoil the Draft for everyone, but here ya go.

Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.39.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
9/17/16: Even tough LSU had a bad offensive performance, Pocic play well against Wisconsin in the season opener. He is an athletic center who is well-balanced.

8/6/16: Pocic was very good in 2015. The second-year starter made an impact at the point of attack with well-rounded play in the ground game and reliability in pass protection. Pocic helped open a lot of holes for Leonard Fournette to have a massive 2015 season.

Pocic has natural athleticism and is excellent at hitting blocks on the second level. He does a quality job of sustaining his blocks and has strong technique with hand placement. While Pocic isn't a true bull as a run blocker, he is effective at opening holes in the ground game.

In pass protection, Pocic has been very reliable. He is good at hitting double teams on tackles and also is smart in his positioning. He also has the athleticism and quickness to help handle interior speed rushers. Adding some strength to his base will help him against the heavy, powerful 3-4 nose tackles who are in the NFL. Pocic has an interesting body type for the next level. He is taller than most teams like to have at center, but that is if his listed height is accurate, and more often than not, schools exaggerate the height and weight of players.

Or........

Pat Elfein, C/G, Ohio State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.29.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
9/17/16: Ohio State has yet to be challenged by a quality opponent.

8/6/16: Months ago I wrote, "Elfein is undersized for an NFL guard, so moving to center could be his best move." That appears to be the plan as Elflein is projected to play center for Ohio State in 2016. Elfein was perhaps Ohio State's most impressive offensive lineman in 2015, and that is saying something considering left tackle Taylor Decker was a first-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

As a power run blocker, Elflein is superb. He has a very strong upper body that he uses to get movement at the point of attack. Constantly, Elflein fires out of his stance and pushes defensive tackles out of their gap to open a hole for his running back. He seals lanes by getting on the hip of the defender, and defensive linemen have a really hard time holding their gaps when Elflein locks onto them. Elflein plays with excellent leverage to lean on and push his defender. Elflein blocks through the whistle and has an aggressive demeanor.

In pass protection, Elflein is reliable and solid. He sustains his blocks well and has the strong base to anchor against bull rushers. Elflein shows some intelligence to help out his teammates when teams don't send a rusher against him. A challenge for Elflein will be the speed rushers of the NFL, but moving to center should help him.

As a redshirt sophomore, Elfein had a strong 2014 season where he was an impactful run-blocker for the Buckeyes. He has power to him and can pull.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Draft the best center available in the second. The first round needs a defensive playmaker who will come in and play. We need a badass mlb to go along with burfict. Or possibly a DE. I'm tired of no pass rush. Getting Billings next year should help but god forbid we draft another corner.
Reply/Quote
PA will ruin him, so it doesn't even matter. Whatever No coach is better at doing less with more that good ol' Piano man.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can we first meet our 2016 1st round pick?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can we first meet our 2016 1st round pick?

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Guaranteed, we need a new center. It was foolish to enter the season with just Bodine at center (essentially).
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can we first meet our 2016 1st round pick?

Well done good sir!
Reply/Quote

Ha...... Nice
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Guaranteed, we need a new center. It was foolish to enter the season with just Bodine at center (essentially).

He's PA's boy. No reason for him to feel any threat to improve.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When's the last time a center went in the top 5 picks?... I doubt it man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have a new game.. Called : *BLANK* Can block better than Bodine.

Feather on a piece of balsa wood
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's PA's boy. No reason for him to feel any threat to improve.

Man PA sure keeps some great company. Add Bodine to the list with Eric Gutcheck and Nate Livings  Whatever  

The day PA is no longer a part of this organization is the day we will see a huge improvement on the offensive side of the ball. It will be the ultimate addition by subtraction.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:17 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I have a new game.. Called : *BLANK* Can block better than Bodine.

Feather on a piece of balsa wood

Me in my wheelchair.

Anyways, I was going to completely ignore this thread if it wasn't about a center or guard, but I agree and this team won't do shit if we don't improve the position.

Ogb needs to also improve or we could be looking at another tackle early because growing pains are one thing, but he has looked horribly pathetic.
Reply/Quote
According to PFF...

Russell Bodine was our highest graded player in the Dallas game Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Doubt a 6' 7" center...That guy will move to guard at the next level...Mike Pouncey is the tallest right now at 6' 5"
Reply/Quote
I like Elfein, even if it takes a first.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Man PA sure keeps some great company. Add Bodine to the list with Eric Gutcheck and Nate Livings  Whatever  

The day PA is no longer a part of this organization is the day we will see a huge improvement on the offensive side of the ball. It will be the ultimate addition by subtraction.

Add Stacy Andrews to the list. He said Stacy could be the best RT in the game. This was said after the 08 season where Stacy was one of the worst OL in the league.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Nah we'll draft a corner
Reply/Quote
Any chance either of these guys is hurt and in need of major surgery? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:23 PM)Seaneh Wrote: Nah we'll draft a corner

Or another Tackle..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote