Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega Tuesday
(03-15-2016, 09:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.

You realize he's going to disband the NFL and make us all watch Futbol and/or Hockey every Sunday, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-15-2016, 09:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You realize he's going to disband the NFL and make us all watch Futbol and/or Hockey every Sunday, right?

Hey if you have a problem with him having Cuban heritage then that's a you issue.
(03-15-2016, 04:16 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's juvenile though. We're voting for the nominees for leader of the country maybe it's time for people to act more adult about such a serious issue and let all voices be heard even if they don't stand with that party 24/7.

[Image: no-girls-allowed.jpg]

Do i have to go through initiation before they will let me in their tree house? LOL

I mean, they let anyone in. You just have to join the party. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an open primary, but it's still their primary. 

Maybe people realizing this would cause this huge amount of independents to band together against these parties.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Pass me the antibiotics people, cuz i'm feeling the Bern……

Presidential politics and puns about STD's. Today was a good day.

Cool
(03-15-2016, 09:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, they let anyone in. You just have to join the party. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an open primary, but it's still their primary. 

Maybe people realizing this would cause this huge amount of independents to band together against these parties.

Kasich announces he will give full amnesty within 100 days of being elected to get democrats to switch over and vote for him the GOP. This is exactly why open is a bad thing....
Well Rubio is out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-15-2016, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Rubio is out.

Good. Now we can see Cruz vs trump.

Too bad Kasich won't drop out.
(03-15-2016, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good.   Now we can see Cruz vs trump.    

Too bad Kasich won't drop out.

They just called Ohio for Kasich; although, it is quite close.

Looks like Clinton is slamming Bernie. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/ohio
(03-15-2016, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They just called Ohio for Kasich; although, it is quite close.

Yeah Kasich shafted Bernie. He promised amnesty so those all voted for Kasich instead of Bernie. With Rubio out Kasich shouldn't hurt Cruz much at all. He is pro amnesty now. That ends his candidacy with closed primary states. Which are coming up.
(03-15-2016, 09:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey if you have a problem with him having Cuban heritage then that's a you issue.

I'm just wondering why he isn't proud enough of his heritage to use his real name.  Seems like he has something to hide.

It's all good. If I were running for President I'd insist my nickname was really "Dash Guns'n'Church" or something.

EDIT: Wait....Dash "Guns'n'Church" Powers the XI
(03-15-2016, 11:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just wondering why he isn't proud enough of his heritage to use his real name.  Seems like he has something to hide.

It's all good.  If I were running for President I'd insist my nickname was really "Dash Guns'n'Church" or something.

EDIT:  Wait....Dash "Guns'n'Church" Powers the XI

You can call him whatever name you like. I have a friend who goes by chris by his actual name is Donald. Why does he use it? No idea? Just said it stuck with him.
(03-15-2016, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They just called Ohio for Kasich; although, it is quite close.

Interesting results. I'm a little surprised in both races.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-16-2016, 12:18 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interesting results. I'm a little surprised in both races.

I'm surprised Kasich won by as much as he did, and I'm surprised Trump took Florida by as much as he did. I was not surprised by anything on the DNC side, though. Bernie can give a good fight, but we are seeing what would happen if the GOP race were down to two. What is seen as the protest vote by the establishment will get high numbers, but just not quite high enough. That Bernie made it as close as he did in Illinois, though, says a lot.
I voted for Rubio today. He was the only guy I truly believed in and thought he was the best guy for our country.

I was sad to see him drop out. I think he will get another shot in the future, though. He's still young and hungry.

As for Cruz, Trump, and Kasich....well, im not honestly quite sure to think of them. I think Trump pretty much has this thing wrapped up. Even though he won Ohio, Kasich has no business being in this race anymore. Hes just too far behind in delegates. I just cant get behind him either. He has done some questionable things in Ohio.

It's looking more and more like Trump vs. Hillary for the general election. I will vote for Trump, even though I dont like him. If he can calm down his antics, iron out some decent policies, and act more presidential then I can maybe get behind him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-16-2016, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's looking more and more like Trump vs. Hillary for the general election. I will vote for Trump, even though I dont like him. If he can calm down his antics, iron out some decent policies, and act more presidential then I can maybe get behind him.

I think that is how most Republicans will vote, and I also think most don't like Trump. The dislike of a Democrat, particularly Hillary, is much greater than the dislike of Trump. And yet, Trump is clearly winning most of the Primaries.

As for Trump's antics, I think he is 90% show and 10% substance. That has been his modus operandi in business. And I think that is how he would be as a President. That isn't necessarily bad. I think Reagan was sort of the same way, but had a little more substance and a lot more moral character. How good of a President he can be depends upon whether he has the ability to select advisors and staff to actually run the country for him the way Reagan did. But I suspect that the GOP machine will actually do the picking for him. If Trump chose to go maverick against the machine, it would be a long and terrible four years for everyone.
[Image: 1451983_10205472917849777_44009585259111...e=57859F03]
(03-16-2016, 11:27 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think that is how most Republicans will vote, and I also think most don't like Trump. The dislike of a Democrat, particularly Hillary, is much greater than the dislike of Trump. And yet, Trump is clearly winning most of the Primaries.

As for Trump's antics, I think he is 90% show and 10% substance. That has been his modus operandi in business. And I think that is how he would be as a President. That isn't necessarily bad. I think Reagan was sort of the same way, but had a little more substance and a lot more moral character. How good of a President he can be depends upon whether he has the ability to select advisors and staff to actually run the country for him the way Reagan did. But I suspect that the GOP machine will actually do the picking for him. If Trump chose to go maverick against the machine, it would be a long and terrible four years for everyone.

I think you are 100% correct about that. If you talk to people in Trump's inner circle, they will tell you that he's actually nothing like he portrays himself to be during the debates and his speeches. 

When it comes to the general election, I hope he lets us see that side of him. I hope he is just himself and softens up his hardened outer shell. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-16-2016, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you are 100% correct about that. If you talk to people in Trump's inner circle, they will tell you that he's actually nothing like he portrays himself to be during the debates and his speeches. 

When it comes to the general election, I hope he lets us see that side of him. I hope he is just himself and softens up his hardened outer shell. 

This post makes me think back to Bob Dole. I remember seeing him on the Daily Show after he lost his presidential campaign and dude was cracking me up. He was quick and witty and had no problems hanging with the host (I can't remember if that was Jon Stewart yet or not). My first thought was, "Dang, Bob; if you had been like this in the campaign, you probably would've won in a landslide!"

That opinion might be debatable, but ever since then, I've noticed how every candidate seems to campaign has one kind of person instead of being themselves. Probably the last person who ever was pretty much himself on the campagin trail was, IMO, George W Bush.

But, I guess everyone's too busy pandering to worry about being themselves.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-16-2016, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you are 100% correct about that. If you talk to people in Trump's inner circle, they will tell you that he's actually nothing like he portrays himself to be during the debates and his speeches. 

Because only sycophants are allowed in his inner circle.