Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megatron thinking about retiring?
I don't know what the reason for him wishing to hang it up is but imagine if he was willing to do a 1 or 2 year deal with the right team (ahem, Bengals) to see if he can win a Championship.

Imagine him with Green on the field...

I know we sort of tried this with TO and Chad, but Green is better than Chad and Johnson is better than TO.
Reply/Quote
He's tired.  Playing all of those seasons for a team that never quite put it all together, along with the injury toll on his body.  Likely already has more money than he'll ever spend.  If he's ready to hang it up, he's likely ready to quit football while he's still healthy enough to play with his kids.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's tired.  Playing all of those seasons for a team that never quite put it all together, along with the injury toll on his body.  Likely already has more money than he'll ever spend.  If he's ready to hang it up, he's likely ready to quit football while he's still healthy enough to play with his kids.

Oh I agree to his reasoning.  However, if he was interested in winning a SB then he would be interested in signing with a contender.

The Patriots would be very enticing for a guy like Megatron.  A place where he wouldn't be the guy and basically get a SB ring.

We would be another such place.  Good young QB that is just hitting his stride, already with a stud WR that would take pressure off of him.

I don't know what motivates CJ, but I would think that a guy of his ability could possibly be enticed to sign a minimum contract for 1-2 years to see if a SB is possible.  
Reply/Quote
He must have talked to Barry Sanders.
Reply/Quote
Great career if he does hang it up then he jas been a pleasure to watch
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:46 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Great career if he does hang it up then he jas been a pleasure to watch

This. I'll be sad if he goes. Guy is one of the best receivers to ever play the game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, all of us know when it is time to hang it up for our careers. Nobody else.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Good for him if he does. If his finances are all set I don't blame him a bit.
Reply/Quote