Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mel Kiper defends the Bengals against Stephen A Smith
https://youtu.be/3fZRvedEz3Q
Reply/Quote
And now I've seen it all. The enemy of my enemy has become my...friend?!
Reply/Quote
When you make your living off of running your mouth, sometimes you have to defend the ones you've previously ridiculed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I just want to know what the hell the Miami Dolphins have done in the last 20 years to achieve their "winning culture"?
Reply/Quote
Major kudos to Kiper for defending our Bengals this off season. We really don't deserve the hate that we consistently receive when other franchises get a pass.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://youtu.be/3fZRvedEz3Q

Yikes. They're laughing about Mel bringing up Super Bowls from the 1980's, then Max immediately comes back with the Dolphins being a great situation for Tua? When was the last time the Phins made the Super Bowl? 1984? An amazing 2 playoff appearances in the last 18 seasons? No playoff wins since 2000?

Btw, Max sucks at debating. He kept saying the Bengals are "a below average franchise" like he won the debate with that statement. The debate is whether or not they're the worst franchise for a QB. They're not. Not even close. For some of the reasons Mel listed.

It also sucks that no one brings up the off-season we've had. Signing Reader, Waynes, Bell, etc kinda goes against that "Bengals are cheap" narrative. It was fair to say that in the past, but if you're going to run with that, at least be fair and acknowledge what just happened.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every time Mel is on TV and the Bengals get brought up, you can literally see him foaming at the mouth in preparation to rip someone a new one. I literally saw him literally shaking before he got to respond on 'Get up' Big Grin
Reply/Quote
A football guy vs a basketball guy and a boxing guy...

Yeah, Mel won that one.

Reply/Quote
I love it. Mel telling shithead to don't talk just listen and putting knowledge on him
Reply/Quote
Lol. Miami is severely lacking talent around Tua. Mel should have brought up the talent the Bengals have around Burrow compared to what Miami has.
It's night and day. The only question mark is how quickly does the offensive line get it together.
Reply/Quote
I think I just fell in love with Kiper...passionately defending my team? Someone on National TV? And he is a Baltimore fan!

Mel Kiper just told Stephen A. Smith to be quiet, an adult is speaking.

I wonder if Kellerman was as impressed by Dalton's last second win over the Ravens TO KNOCK THEIR ASSES OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, when they had nothing to play for?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think I just fell in love with Kiper...passionately defending my team?  Someone on National TV?  And he is a Baltimore fan!

Mel Kiper just told Stephen A. Smith to be quiet, an adult is speaking.  

I wonder if Kellerman was as impressed by Dalton's last second win over the Ravens TO KNOCK THEIR ASSES OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, when they had nothing to play for?

Well, Kiper has to make the Bengals out to be a decent team since they beat his Ravens regularly. Otherwise, it looks like his Ravens lose to perennial losers...... LMAO
Reply/Quote
Well it is true that the Cincinnati Bengals were never able to turn ordinary tap water into solid gold on a whim and for that and that alone they should hang their heads in shame.  Cool Oh woe is the team unable to master the art of alchemy.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, Kiper has to make the Bengals out to be a decent team since they beat his Ravens regularly. Otherwise, it looks like his Ravens lose to perennial losers...... LMAO

I laughed, but since they got Lamar Jackson, they have been taking the Bengals to the woodshed.  Hence the focus on tacklingWink
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I laughed, but since they got Lamar Jackson, they have been taking the Bengals to the woodshed.  Hence the focus on tacklingWink

Obviously Lamar Jackson is immune to the same forces that injure other ordinary mere mortal QBs.. Why, why, it's IMPOSSIBLE to tackle the guy and leave him writhing in pain!   Just ask any ordinary mortal Ravens fan.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I laughed, but since they got Lamar Jackson, they have been taking the Bengals to the woodshed.  Hence the focus on tacklingWink

And they've clearly gotten better in free agency and the draft so far. Ratbirds will be the team to beat in the division for a while now. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote