Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mel kiper says its Sewell
Mel going Sewell
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/cincinnati-bengals-take-penei-sewell-and-dyami-brown-in-mel-kiper-jr-latest-mock-draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mel Kiper isn't supposed to be doing this anymore.

He guaranteed Jimmy Clausen would be a top 10 pick, stating he would walk away if it didn't happen. Somehow we've continued to hear from his dumb ass ever since...
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 09:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mel going  Sewell
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/cincinnati-bengals-take-penei-sewell-and-dyami-brown-in-mel-kiper-jr-latest-mock-draft

So you got mad that the other one didn't get moved to the draft forum and thought you'd post someone else picking a different player...

Solid

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is Kiper ever right!?!
Reply/Quote
Confirmed it’s Chase lol
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 10:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Confirmed it’s Chase lol

Yup. That'll do it for me. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 10:17 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Is Kiper ever right!?!

About as much as Duke Tobin's dad's postman neighbor....and he doesn't even have season tickets to the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
If Sewell had a relative who worked for Cincinnati or a close relationship with one of the top players, he may have been the target. We all know how this franchise operates. Wins/losses don't count so long as you have your good buddies like Drew Beddinghaus playing nice and not ruffling any feathers. They're going to go with somebody's good buddy over the other options. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 11:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If Sewell had a relative who worked for Cincinnati or a close relationship with one of the top players, he may have been the target. We all know how this franchise operates. Wins/losses don't count so long as you have your good buddies like Drew Beddinghaus playing nice and not ruffling any feathers. They're going to go with somebody's good buddy over the other options. 

It actually worked pretty well when they were snapping up all the Georgia guys.  AJ, Geno, Boling, Geathers, Williams, etc.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: It actually worked pretty well when they were snapping up all the Georgia guys.  AJ, Geno, Boling, Geathers, Williams, etc.  

The two WR’s we took together from Oregon State in the early 2000’s worked out pretty well, too.

Reply/Quote
To be fair, Kiper didn't say the Bengals would pick Sewell. He said he'd pick him.

He needs to get back to doing his research instead of pretending like he's a coach. I love Mel but, with all due respect, nobody comes to him to hear what he thinks. They come to him to hear what he's heard. Tongue
Reply/Quote
So then it's probably Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:06 AM)tms Wrote: To be fair, Kiper didn't say the Bengals would pick Sewell. He said he'd pick him.

He needs to get back to doing his research instead of pretending like he's a coach. I love Mel but, with all due respect, nobody comes to him to hear what he thinks. They come to him to hear what he's heard.  Tongue

Mel has never been the guy in the know, he really does go with what he thinks. There was a time where many in the industry believed he was being paid off by agents to push guys and get their name out there. Of all the draft guys, he is one of the worst to put any stock into. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: Mel has never been the guy in the know, he really does go with what he thinks. There was a time where many in the industry believed he was being paid off by agents to push guys and get their name out there. Of all the draft guys, he is one of the worst to put any stock into. 

he sure misses on a lot of cant miss picks lol
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he sure misses on a lot of cant miss picks lol

Hence why there is a pretty common belief he is getting paid on the backend by agents. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hence why there is a pretty common belief he is getting paid on the backend by agents. 

Wasn't there someone who ended up being a top 15 pick that was a concensus 3rd rounder because of Mel? Is that what you're referring to?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he sure misses on a lot of cant miss picks lol

Yep. More than any other draft expert it seems
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:27 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Wasn't there someone who ended up being a top 15 pick that was a concensus 3rd rounder because of Mel? Is that what you're referring to?

Nah, there are just rumors that agents can pay him off to say "Such and such is climbing up teams boards". 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 09:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mel going  Sewell

Some things to note about who was available for OL and WR in Rd 2:
WR - Marshall, Elijah Moore, Bateman, and Toney were all gone by 38.
OL - Dickerson, Humphrey, Cosmi, Radunz, Eichenberg, and Leatherwood were available

I feel that Chase and one of the available OL is better than Sewell and Dyami Brown. I like Brown, but not at 38. I feel he's a 3rd rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some things to note about who was available for OL and WR in Rd 2:
WR - Marshall, Elijah Moore, Bateman, and Toney were all gone by 38.
OL - Dickerson, Humphrey, Cosmi, Radunz, Eichenberg, and Leatherwood were available

I feel that Chase and one of the available OL is better than Sewell and Dyami Brown. I like Brown, but not at 38. I feel he's a 3rd rounder.

I would go Chase > OL > trade back into the 2nd for another one of that next tier of OL. I think a high-end double-dip in the second on OL offers us a better chance of success just because we know we need multiple guys long term and that group available in the 2nd is still very high quality. 
Reply/Quote