Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mel kipers first mock draft
Wasn't sure if I putt this in draft Central or not, but Mel kipers first mock came out and he has us selecting trumain Edmunds lb out of va tech. He is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft even over Derwin James. A little insight on him:he's only 19 years old, is 6"5 250 pounds runs a mid 4.4 40. His range is unbelievable. He has vontaze burfict play recognition smarts. Often criticized for taking the first step too fast. Drawing comparisons to Brian urlacher but he can actually cover EXTREMELY well. Can play mike or Sam.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Wasn't sure if I putt this in draft Central or not, but Mel kipers first mock came out and he has us selecting trumain Edmunds lb out of va tech. He is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft even over Derwin James. A little insight on him:he's only 19 years old, is 6"5 250 pounds runs a mid 4.4 40.  His range is unbelievable. He has vontaze burfict play recognition smarts. Often criticized for taking the first step too fast. Drawing comparisons to Brian urlacher but he can actually cover EXTREMELY well. Can play mike or Sam.

unless we get 3 new offensive linemen nothing else will matter..plus trade AK  get another draft pick,,..Jeff Driscoll prolly is the best quarterback on the team
Reply/Quote
I know we need offensive line men but I am a big supporter of BPA. Tremaine Edmunds is a special player. I doubt he will be there at 12 as we get closer to draft because hes gonna blow up. If hes there at 12 and we take him I will be very happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:29 PM)cooper Wrote: unless we get 3 new offensive linemen nothing else will matter..plus trade AK  get another draft pick,,..Jeff Driscoll prolly is the best quarterback on the team

Who in the heck is AK?

And no, Jeff Driscoll is prolly not the best QB on the team..  Hilarious   

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that Driscoll could be the best QB on the team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who in the heck is AK?

And no, Jeff Driscoll is prolly not the best QB on the team..  Hilarious   

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that Driscoll could be the best QB on the team?

He's gonna say, "It's because he can run and Andy got sacked too much and SUCKS!"
Reply/Quote
LB is a bigger priority for this team. Burfict only above average player and we can't even count on him for a full season. If this guy or Roqoun Smith from Georgia is there we should jump all over it. Oline is deep but not elite. Were better off going oline in 2nd and 3rd re.
Reply/Quote
If we end up with some semblance of Edmunds in 1, Hernandez/price in 2, and isiah Wynn/frank rangow and jamarco Jones in 3 I'll be extremely happy
Reply/Quote
I loved his work with The Digital Underground

[Image: 3123466.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would love that.

Our LB corps is incredibly weak. And with Burfict becoming unreliable (be it suspensions or concussions), LB is quickly becoming a desperate need.

We can and should address the Oline in the mid-rounds of the draft and FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 10:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I would love that.

Our LB corps is incredibly weak. And with Burfict becoming unreliable (be it suspensions or concussions), LB is quickly becoming a desperate need.

We can and should address the Oline in the mid-rounds of the draft and FA.
Interior oline is so deep we can get pro bowl caliber centers and guards in 3rd and 4th rounds.
Reply/Quote
Cbs rated him as an early/mid 2nd rounder not too long ago. That was a quick rise pre-combine, but I can see why. The dude can fly and can stack and shed. He looks like a faster, better version of Bernardrick Mckinney at first blush. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind Anthony Barry 2.0. Edmunds will need some time though he's a raw prospect. In Cincy they could use him as a 2 down MLB right out of the gate and give him time to learn.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Seriously, I think people under estimate the LB needs. Burfict has a serious concussion problem and tends to have to leave almost every game he plays in. He normally plays it off as a stinger or some other sort of injury but you can tell by the hits it is really his head being rung. We need to go forward expecting Burfict to be out and then it being a bonus the games he does play.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I loved his work with The Digital Underground

[Image: 3123466.jpg]

I look funny

But yo I'm makin' money, see
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:29 PM)cooper Wrote: unless we get 3 new offensive linemen nothing else will matter.

We have more than one pick in the draft.

If there is not a highly rated LT available at #12 I'd be happy to take an elite LB, S, or TE.

We can still get RT/OG/OC types in second and third round.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Wasn't sure if I putt this in draft Central or not, but Mel kipers first mock came out and he has us selecting trumain Edmunds lb out of va tech. He is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft even over Derwin James. A little insight on him:he's only 19 years old, is 6"5 250 pounds runs a mid 4.4 40.  His range is unbelievable. He has vontaze burfict play recognition smarts. Often criticized for taking the first step too fast. Drawing comparisons to Brian urlacher but he can actually cover EXTREMELY well. Can play mike or Sam.

Not sure if I am ready to rank him over Derwin James yet but do not hate him either. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have more than one pick in the draft.

If there is not a highly rated LT available at #12 I'd be happy to take an elite LB, S, or TE.

We can still get RT/OG/OC types in second and third round.

No doubt.  I have no problem even trading down if elite OT not available at 12 while picking up another 2nd or 3rd rounder (depending on how desperate the QB-needy team is to move up) and then addressing OL in those rounds. Could very easily see Bengals using 1st rounder on LB, S, or TE in that scenario.   
Reply/Quote
While I like Edmunds this might be a bit early. I think right now he will be available in the second round.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to have some nice options to draft at 12 with several QB's and a RB probably going before us.

Should leave a nice pool of players to choose from leftover..

Think there will be big enough name to easily trade pick as well.

Believe we should take whoever falls through the cracks though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Edmunds has great potential, but I consider him less NFL-ready than Roquan Smith.
If both are on the board, I'd go with Smith.
I view Edmunds more of an 18-25 range guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote