Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melvin Ingram to Pittsburgh
Ugh. I know he’s not what he once was, but I still don’t like seeing them land any big name FA’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, saw this earlier. Wanted this guy here even if I think Hendrickson was the End I wanted more.

Would of preferred both and Ingram not going to a team in the Division especially the Pitt hole.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, saw this earlier. Wanted this guy here even if I think Hendrickson was the End I wanted more.

Would of preferred both and Ingram not going to a team in the Division especially the Pitt hole.

I would prefer Houston over Ingram at this stage in their careers.

But also think are priorities are:

OL (tackle or guard or both who has started (vet) and healthy.
LB - vet to mentor the young guys and contribute.
TE - Call me crazy, but I really want Ertz. I know I am a broken record, but we don't have a complete (can block and is a threat catching the ball) TE on our roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I thought they were in cap hell? Yet they can still land a halfway decent big name.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 01:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought they were in cap hell? Yet they can still land a halfway decent big name.

Cap hell is only an issue for the Bengals. KC was in worse shape and managed to get Thuney by using the voidable year stuff. Other front offices just find ways to make it work to have a competitive team out there. Of course after cutting ties with DeCastro and I believe the pig re-worked his deal, they may not be as bad as before. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 09:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would prefer Houston over Ingram at this stage in their careers.

But also think are priorities are:

OL (tackle or guard or both who has started (vet) and healthy.
LB - vet to mentor the young guys and contribute.
TE - Call me crazy, but I really want Ertz. I know I am a broken record, but we don't have a complete (can block and is a threat catching the ball) TE on our roster.

Is Houston available?

Definitely agree on OL and LB. Need to add some veteran depth there.

Just don't see Ertz happening man. Not against it though for sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Houston available?
Juston Houston just signed with the Ravens. I guess the Steelers and Ravens aren't very happy with the edges.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Juston Houston just signed with the Ravens. I guess the Steelers and Ravens aren't very happy with the edges.

Man, hope him and Ingram have fell off some....
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 01:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought they were in cap hell? Yet they can still land a halfway decent big name.

Well run teams find ways to manipulate the cap to get the most out of their cap space so $10m suddenly turns into the ability to add a lot of help to their team. The Bengals find ways to get the least out of their cap space so $40m is just enough to more or less maintain the status quo.

Both are pretty impressive, but only 1 actually helps win games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote