Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial Day
I am glad that so many are remembering and honoring the sacrifice of veterans this weekend. It makes me happy, although nothing would make me happier than seeing the number of new combat veterans we have to honor not increase as we go forward. Let us be careful in our tributes to those killed and injured (physically and psychologically) in war to celebrate the commitment and heroism of these men and women but not the industry of war, which is a threat and a scourge to all people. As a tribute to our veterans and their families, comrades, and friends who also feel their losses so deeply, I offer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV3mbJ-NHSQ
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Funny how even when the weather peeps say it is going to be clear skies it always rains on Memorial weekend here.

It is not a coincidence.

God bless everyone and especially the ones who have died for what they died for.
Reply/Quote