Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental illness.....

It's actually scary the way that he rambles on and on. If not for football, he'd be a homeless bum living on the streets. 
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine that video has done anything to help his position. The whole "Call me Mr. Big Chest from now on," made the video even more strange. It makes me wonder if he is suffering from some form of mental illness and/or substance issue after watching that. If he indeed is suffering from some sort of psychological issue I hope he gets help.

Edit: It seems the Steelers have agreed to trade him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/19/source-steelers-agree-to-try-to-trade-antonio-brown/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I can't imagine that video has done anything to help his position. The whole "Call me Mr. Big Chest from now on," made the video even more strange.   It makes me wonder if he is suffering from some form of mental illness and/or substance issue after watching that.  If he indeed is suffering from some sort of psychological issue I hope he gets help.

Edit:  It seems the Steelers have agreed to trade him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/19/source-steelers-agree-to-try-to-trade-antonio-brown/

They'd better do it ASAP cuz every loopy thing he does lowers his trade value. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I can't imagine that video has done anything to help his position. The whole "Call me Mr. Big Chest from now on," made the video even more strange. It makes me wonder if he is suffering from some form of mental illness and/or substance issue after watching that. If he indeed is suffering from some sort of psychological issue I hope he gets help.

Edit: It seems the Steelers have agreed to trade him.

I agree, there’s something seriously wrong with him and I’m now concerned for his health. That dude could snap in a second.
I blame Burfict

(02-19-2019, 05:00 PM)McC Wrote: They'd better do it ASAP cuz every loopy thing he does lowers his trade value. 

Lol, he’s like a game of hot potato.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he's pretty much toast. They'll find him dead somewhere....
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he's pretty much toast. They'll find him dead somewhere....

Im not kidding. That's how seriously f-ed up I think he is. Just imagine if he goes to Arizona and Josh Rosen is his QB. Or Buffalo. Or anywhere with a shitty QB and shaky O line, and his stats plummet. His monster ego wouldn't be able to take it. He may just snap and run amok. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 06:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im not kidding. That's how seriously f-ed up I think he is. Just imagine if he goes to Arizona and Josh Rosen is his QB. Or Buffalo. Or anywhere with a shitty QB and shaky O line, and his stats plummet. His monster ego wouldn't be able to take it. He may just snap and run amok. 

He and Sam Darnold seem like a match made in heaven..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 06:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im not kidding. That's how seriously f-ed up I think he is. Just imagine if he goes to Arizona and Josh Rosen is his QB. Or Buffalo. Or anywhere with a shitty QB and shaky O line, and his stats plummet. His monster ego wouldn't be able to take it. He may just snap and run amok. 

He wouldn't be the first stud Steeler WR who went somewhere else where Ben wasn't his QB and got a whole lot less studly.  He would, however, probably be the first to lose his frigging mind over it over Instagram and Twitter for the whole world to see.

And, for the record, I want everyone from now on to call me Big Arms.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

He seriously has gone off the deep end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY
Reply/Quote
He and Mr J Football oughta form their own two man team called "The drunken slob and the crazy bastard".. I'm not entirely unsympathetic toward mental illness, but in the case of anyone who plays for Shitzberg or ever has I'm more than willing to make exceptions..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

They said on NFL radio the other day (this has dominated the air for 3 days now..), that he has never caught a touchdown thrown by anyone other than Pig Ben. When Ben has to sit out and a backup comes in, Brown cannot perform. He will go completely off the deep end when he gets an average QB.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They said on NFL radio the other day (this has dominated the air for 3 days now..), that he has never caught a touchdown thrown by anyone other than Pig Ben. When Ben has to sit out and a backup comes in, Brown cannot perform. He will go completely off the deep end when he gets an average QB.... 

To be fair the back up qbs we've had for the last 8 years haven't been able to run a play of any sort so any actual passing attack with them is out of the question. It's just that his sample size is playing with a HOF qb and playin with young draft picks who were out of the league in 2 year.
 Even with an average qb Brown would be good, but that's a fair cry from having the best 5 year run in NFL history.

EDIT: WTF is this formatting
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if it's a mental illness. It's almost a misunderstanding on his importance off the football field. He thinks there are people hanging on his every word, not like we are, but listening to him as some sort of inspiration. He thinks he's important. It will be devastating for him when his career does end and he realizes nobody cares what he has to say or what he's doing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What a shame it'll be when the Nobel committee doesn't call.... 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I keep thinking of how they discovered evidence of CTE in Chris Henry after he died and wonder if something similar isn’t happening here.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:47 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I keep thinking of how they discovered evidence of CTE in Chris Henry after he died and wonder if something similar isn’t happening here.

What is it with Pittsburgh?  This is now the 2nd star player to go to extreme measures to get off the team in as many years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 11:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is it with Pittsburgh?  This is now the 2nd star player to go to extreme measures to get off the team in as many years.

Ehhh.. their pants are too small so they become too big for their breeches.. 

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:47 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I keep thinking of how they discovered evidence of CTE in Chris Henry after he died and wonder if something similar isn’t happening here.

Has he had multiple concussions?

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 11:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is it with Pittsburgh?  This is now the 2nd star player to go to extreme measures to get off the team in as many years.

Personally, I think it's Pig Pen and the GM.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brown-gms-52-kids-comment-confirms-issue-with-steelers/ar-BBUcEPM

Quote:"He pretty much just explained what I already had told everyone. He just confirmed it. He confirmed everything I said," the receiver said to ESPN's Jeff Darlington in an interview that will air this weekend.

Colbert has since tried to clarify his statement, all while maintaining Roethlisberger's role as the elder statesman.

"Of course he tried to clarify because, you know, he stated the truth and he's going to backpedal on his words. But what grown man is calling another grown man a kid? 'Fifty-two kids.' Like, you don't have no respect for these guys?" Brown said. "Like these are the guys that go to work for you. And that's what I'm telling you guys ... that's my issue. You know what I'm saying? It's all about respect."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Narcissism often leads to self destruction. I wouldnt touch this dude with a 10 foot pole if I were a GM. Not even an interview.
Reply/Quote