Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trading with SF?
I don't believe this to be true at all. We don't like to move up, and especially not at such a steep price. I do wonder though if our attempt to move up may be tied to us knowing Hue is going Trubisky. If we believe our defense would be dominant with Garrett then I am okay with the move especially if we have a trade in place to recoup a 2nd for McCaron.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

"Cincinnati & Carolina are in heavy talks with San Francisco, but Carolina's offer of three picks (first, second, third) is currently the best offer San Francisco has for the #2 pick. Word is that Cleveland has asked for time to make a presentation to the 49ers, but if the Carolina deal goes through, it is with the Panthers' intention of taking Fournette. While San Fran has been linked to Solomon Thomas at #2 & he might perchance slide to #8, I am hearing that if still there, Lynch will pounce on McCaffrey. There's a sideline view there, as Payton & the Saints want McCaffrey and with 3 choices in the first two rounds, they could put another package that the 49ers neophyte GM might take. Some in the organization feel that Lynch could trade down even further (after Carolina/NO mess weeds out), as the Pokes are trying to angle up & see if Conley or Melinfowu fall into their laps.

Just the chatter from talking to a San Fran exec this AM"

Don't know anything about the site just happened to see it being reported a couple places here in NC. 

Question is would anyone actually feel good about a trade like this? I mean don't get me wrong I love Fournette but a first, second, and third for him seems like WAY too much, especially in a deep draft at RB.

Anybody actually hoping this happens?

Perhaps I missed something...where does it say the Bengals are trading up to target Fournette? All I see is the Panthers are targeting Fournette.
Or did you mean that you wonder why any team (e.g. Carolina) would bother trading up to get Fournette when it's such a deep RB class?
If Cincinnati is involved, I hope it's because Cleveland feels pressure to take Trubisky at #1 and therefore Garrett falls to #2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they did this, I would scream.

Marvin always touts this as a team that builds through the draft, and they have multiple holes to fill. Giving up their second and third round picks is too much. Way too much.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:19 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If they did this, I would scream.

Marvin always touts this as a team that builds through the draft, and they have multiple holes to fill.  Giving up their second and third round picks is too much.  Way too much.

What about a 1st and Mccarron? 
Reply/Quote
That I could live with. Then take Brad Kaaya or Chad Kelly in the later rounds.

Seems highly unlikely San Fran would bite at that though.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:38 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What about a 1st and Mccarron? 

Number 9,AJM and a 4th comp for number 2??
Reply/Quote
The first 2 or 3 picks in the draft are always grossly overvalued.

I don't exactly see where anyone is saying the Bengals would give up a second and a third to move up to #2, but that would be a very stupid move. Even the high draft picks area gamble. Is Fournette that much more of a "sure thing" than Trent Richardson was?
Reply/Quote
It seems like anyone who pays a ransom to move up to the top of a draft ends up regretting it.

My hopes are that someone like the Chiefs or Cardinals try to move up ahead of the Browns and we end up trading back with them and picking up their first and another 2nd/3rd or future picks. Usually those 8-10 picks are the ones where someone will try and jump and get up there.
Reply/Quote
We have 11 picks. If we want to move up in the 2nd to get Mixon or Willis, I'd be fine with that, but not the first..
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:39 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It seems like anyone who pays a ransom to move up to the top of a draft ends up regretting it.

My hopes are that someone like the Chiefs or Cardinals try to move up ahead of the Browns and we end up trading back with them and picking up their first and another 2nd/3rd or future picks. Usually those 8-10 picks are the ones where someone will try and jump and get up there.

Not sure the chiefs would be willing to part with what they'd need to part with at 27 to get to 9, I am also not sure I want to go quite that far back. I'd like to go with the Cardinals, or possibly the Giants if Howard is on the board at 9. I think we could go back to 23 while picking up their 2nd and 3rd. At 23 a guy like Ross could be in play possibly a lineman, but the extra 2nd could be huge.
Reply/Quote
If this was a bet in Vegas, I would bet my house and my car and my kids (well, maybe just the oldest) that the Bengals would not a 1,2 and 3 to move up - I wouldn't either. This draft is too deep in those rounds to give up picks.

That being said, I would have no problem using McCarron as part of a deal. McCarron and #9 and a later pick (5-7) would be all I would give up to move up.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:39 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It seems like anyone who pays a ransom to move up to the top of a draft ends up regretting it.

I know there are 10x more regrets than when it actually works, but Julio jones.  Falcons moved from 25ish to 5.  Turned out to be a great move on their part.  

But yes you are right, more often than not its a bad move.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 12:40 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I know there are 10x more regrets than when it actually works, but Julio jones.  Falcons moved from 25ish to 5.  Turned out to be a great move on their part.  

But yes you are right, more often than not its a bad move.

It worked years later after they made a bunch more moves. The idea was they were one offensive weapon away, but inr eality they were far further away than they thought.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Carolina trades with SF and SF ends up with #8, if it might make sense for us to trade with San Diego to leapfrog San Francisco and get Solomon Thomas. Then again, there is a chance that SF take a QB at #8 anyways and we'd have to give up both 4ths and both 5ths by what I've read on the draft value chart. Anyways, something to think about.

Reply/Quote
This stinks of desperation from SF trying to create a market for the #2 pick that isn't there. No way, shape or form the Bengals trade up in round 1

I could see them at the back half of round 1 or early round 2 trading back in for Mixon though...
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
I say we trade our whole draft for Ricky Williams... [img][Image: Ditka2_zpsbafrn8qf.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is a hard one to believe. Perhaps a situation like the following may be "possible", but I would really doubt it.

Bengals send their 1st round pick and AJ McCarron to the 49ers.
49ers send their 1st, 2nd, and Carlos Hyde to The Bengals.

I had read a few things saying Hyde didn't fit what the 49ers want to do with their offense.

Again, this is spitballing and not a prediction.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote