Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel still trying to form a government
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01/16/german-social-democrats-push-back-grand-coalition-merkel/

Now looks like she will try and form a coalition with the social democrats. The problem is that true Social democrats delegates are signaling they will vote against.

Huge setback if this fails for Schultz.

Merkel is running out of partners to govern. She will be left with only AfD at this rate .

Quote:German Social Democrats Push Back Against ‘Grand’ Coalition with Merkel

Breitbart London

The Associated Press

by Breitbart London16 Jan 201812

BERLIN (AP) — The head of Germany’s center-left Social Democrats lobbied party members Tuesday to vote in favor of opening coalition talks with Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservatives, amid strong opposition from grassroots members.

Martin Schulz made the rounds in the populous state of North-Rhine Westphalia, talking with party members to push for their approval at a party convention Sunday to open formal negotiations with Merkel’s Union bloc.

A rejection of talks would be a setback for both Schulz and Merkel , who has already failed to forge a coalition with two smaller parties.

The Social Democrats and the Union bloc, who have governed Germany in a “grand coalition” since 2013, suffered heavy losses in September’s national election.

In non-binding votes, Social Democrats in the smaller states of Berlin and Saxony-Anhalt have indicated they’ll vote against opening coalition talks, while party members in Brandenburg voted in favor.

In North Rhine-Westphalia Schulz met with party members in Dortmund before heading to the state capital Duesseldorf for similar meetings in the evening.

The Social Democrats in North Rhine-Westphalia aren’t planning any poll ahead of time on whether to approve the talks, the dpa news agency reported, but with about a quarter of the delegates to the Sunday convention their support is key.
(01-17-2018, 02:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Merkel is running out of partners to govern.   She will be left with only AfD at this rate .  

That's just not gonna happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-17-2018, 03:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: That's just not gonna happen.

I know. But she is running out of options.

Had Frauke Petry stayed as leader they would have had a better chance .
(01-17-2018, 03:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know.  But she is running out of options.  

Had Frauke Petry stayed as leader they would have had a better chance .

I guess not. The vast political differences and AfD's complete unpredictability aside, the AfD is way too tainted. The moderates would abandon Merkel immediately in shock and horror. She'd destroy her legacy. While I agree Petry had the advantage of not being a primitive  radical, she could have never bridged the gap. This party is seen as ultra far right, nationalistic, reactionary and way too close to nazism, that was true during Petry's tenure, and probably even more so after Petry's departure.

Merkel's options now are quite obvious. a) SPD comes along or b) revote.
(01-17-2018, 02:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01/16/german-social-democrats-push-back-grand-coalition-merkel/

Now looks like she will try and form a coalition with the social democrats.  The problem is that true Social democrats delegates are signaling they will vote against.    

Huge setback if this fails for Schultz.  

Merkel is running out of partners to govern.   She will be left with only AfD at this rate .  

LOL you've been very busy today, Lucy.
The delegates voted to begin negotiations but the youth wing is signing up new members to koi. To vote against a coalition. They are offering a discount for a two month membership to the party. If successful they will stop Merkel from forming a government and possibly sending it back to the polls.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-20/merkel-coalition-on-the-line-as-german-spd-votes-to-talk-or-walk

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dw.com/en/germanys-spd-sees-spike-in-applicants-ahead-of-coalition-talks/a-42266283
Breitbart still trying to form a global alt right narrative
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-24-2018, 10:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Breitbart still trying to form a global alt right narrative

actually the youth of the SPD are trying to send this back to the polls.

Which is probably best for everyone considering Merkel the mother of all migrants, can’t even form a government.

But hey blame Breitbart lol.
(01-24-2018, 10:42 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: actually the youth of the SPD are trying to send this back to the polls.

Which is probably best for everyone considering Merkel the mother of all migrants, can’t even form a government.    

But hey blame Breitbart lol.

I'm just pointing out their attempts to sell a false narrative to the readers who go onto their website. Whether it's misrepresenting the actions of a Swedish Court, taking the words of the French President out of context, or pushing the narrative of an alt right uprising in Germany, they seem to profit from making their readers feel like their fringe views are spreading. 

(01-24-2018, 10:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm just pointing out their attempts to sell a false narrative to the readers who go onto their website. Whether it's misrepresenting the actions of a Swedish Court, taking the words of the French President out of context, or pushing the narrative of an alt right uprising in Germany, they seem to profit from making their readers feel like their fringe views are spreading. 

The polls show a move that way in Europe. AfD is a perfect exampleZ. They got over 20% of the vote last election I believe. That’s not bad for a party that just recently started a few years ago.
(01-24-2018, 10:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The polls show a move that way in Europe. AfD is a perfect exampleZ.  They got over 20% of the vote last election I believe.   That’s not bad for a party that just recently started a few years ago.

I don't think peaking at 20% suggests what you think it suggests, but time will tell.

(01-24-2018, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think peaking at 20% suggests what you think it suggests, but time will tell.

It was 13% but given that the winner was at 32% I would say it’s relevant. Considering AfD started April 2013. They just missed 5% in 2013 and have tripled their support in less than 4 years.
(01-24-2018, 11:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It was 13% but given that the winner was at 32% I would say it’s relevant.   Considering AfD started April 2013.   They just missed 5% in 2013 and have tripled their support in less than 4 years.

13%?

come on, man.

(01-24-2018, 11:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 13%?

come on, man.

In less than 4 years. That’s not bad. And also shows a steady rise in Europe to those who wish to be their own country governed by their kw. Laws.
(01-24-2018, 11:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In less than 4 years.   That’s not bad.  And also shows a steady rise in Europe to those who wish to be their own country governed by their kw. Laws.

You said at first that they got over 20% before admitting they only got 13% (12.6% really). It's crap like this that makes entertaining any of your wild alt right fantasies hard. You carelessly disregard the truth over a narrative. 

12.6% with zero hopes of joining any sort of coalition is unimpressive. They've peaked. 

(01-24-2018, 12:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You said at first that they got over 20% before admitting they only got 13% (12.6% really). It's crap like this that makes entertaining any of your wild alt right fantasies hard. You carelessly disregard the truth over a narrative. 

12.6% with zero hopes of joining any sort of coalition is unimpressive. They've peaked. 

Not even close.

If there is a snap election forced the party with the most momentum will turn out the most. AfD will look to add onto their support. There is a reason Merkel doesn’t want to go back to the polls and it’s becahse she worries Martin Schultz poses a threat.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-coalition-political-talks-angela-merkel-government-crisis-afd-new-election-vote-a8068141.html%3famp
(01-24-2018, 12:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not even close.  

If there is a snap election forced the party with the most momentum will turn out the most.   AfD will look to add onto their support.    There is a reason Merkel doesn’t want to go back to the polls and it’s becahse she worries Martin Schultz poses a threat.  

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-coalition-political-talks-angela-merkel-government-crisis-afd-new-election-vote-a8068141.html%3famp

Yea, maybe they'll actually get 20%.

(01-24-2018, 11:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In less than 4 years.   That’s not bad. 

Not unless 2 years ago you predicted they would be in power by now.

Rolleyes
(01-24-2018, 01:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, maybe they'll actually get 20%.

Then they will be the #2 party in Germany. Considering 30% is the leader.
(01-24-2018, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not unless 2 years ago you predicted they would be in power by now.

Rolleyes

na I said there would be rise these anti Eu/pro nation state parties on the rise and I have been correct.

FN in France made the final round. They lost the old vote. They will be rebranding then will do well in the next election as the bulk of their voters are young and middle aged.

AfD is #3 in Germany after less than 4 years.

GW led a strong push in the Netherlands.

Poland and Hungry are led by anti EU/pro nation state parties.

The 5 star party is surging in Italy. They are also very young.

Golden Dawn is 2nd in Greece.

UKIP forced a Brexit referendum and ultimately got the Brexit.

I would say I was pretty on point on this rise In Europe.

Now we have Macron admitting his country would vote out of the EU if allowed. Too bad he doesn’t allow his own people the ability to decide the future of France.