Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-07-2016, 06:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: somali-women-carry-weapons-during-a-demo...ing-th.jpg]

It's about time we had some god damn burqa control laws. 

Strictly judging by the pictures, I wouldn't give either one of them much chance of hitting their target..  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-07-2016, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Strictly judging by the pictures, I wouldn't give either one of them much chance of hitting their target..  Hilarious

I wouldn't worry. Looks like friendly fire. 
(12-07-2016, 06:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In your experience, how many times have you witnessed a person freaking out when they saw someone wearing a burqa or was rude to them?

Me personally? Depends on your definition of "Rude". I've seen people stare at them, but most have never outright said anything to them.

But the OP wasn't asking about how it is in the US is he? He was asking about how it is in Germany and Europe. From what I recall, there was an instance posted on youtube not to long ago where people were on a bus and the French guy was being really rude to a lady in a burka.

Now what's your point?
(12-07-2016, 07:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Me personally? Depends on your definition of "Rude". I've seen people stare at them, but most have never outright said anything to them.

But the OP wasn't asking about how it is in the US is he? He was asking about how it is in Germany and Europe. From what I recall, there was an instance posted on youtube not to long ago where people were on a bus and the French guy was being really rude to a lady in a burka.

Now what's your point?

He was asking about Germany and Europe, wasn't he?  So how would you know people in Germany and Europe freak out when they see a burqa?  My point is I want to know how you know people in Germany and Europe freak out when the see a burqa.  You answered my question, you saw one French guy in one YouTube video being rude to one lady in a burqa = "people freak out."  Thank you for qualifying your answer to help me understand.
(12-07-2016, 09:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He was asking about Germany and Europe, wasn't he?  So how would you know people in Germany and Europe freak out when they see a burqa?  My point is I want to know how you know people in Germany and Europe freak out when the see a burqa.  You answered my question, you saw one French guy in one YouTube video being rude to one lady in a burqa = "people freak out."  Thank you for qualifying your answer to help me understand.

Since you have likely spent more time overseas, than most of us on here.  Why don't you offer your opinion of what you saw abroad?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-07-2016, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Strictly judging by the pictures, I wouldn't give either one of them much chance of hitting their target..  Hilarious
The first one has the "chick lean", but women pull off the craziest shots somehow.

The second one is checking if the front sight is canted.

I'm not letting either William Tell my ass.

Speaking of asses..... check out the one in the purple.
(Second pic, on the right)
I think she beeps, when reversing .
(12-07-2016, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since you have likely spent more time overseas, than most of us on here.  Why don't you offer your opinion of what you saw abroad?

I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

I have mixed opinions.  It seems to me the people in favor of burqa control are against gun control.  It seems Christians who rail against religious oppression are the ones most likely to be in favor of a burqa ban.  Where do we stop the ban on religious items displayed in public? What percentage of the population actually wears burqas?  0.1%? 0.01%? And it is receiving this much attention?  If the majority of assaults and rapes are due to Muslim men, I don't understand why people think banning burqas will make any impact at reducing the assaults and rapes.  This debate is nothing more than widow dressing.  Why are Americans concerned about what Germany does regarding burqas within their own borders?

I'm mostly amused because if a woman walked into Walmart wearing a burqa while open carrying an AR-15 it seems many people are more threatened by an article of clothing associated with religion than the rifle.
(12-07-2016, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

I have mixed opinions.  It seems to me the people in favor of burqa control are against gun control.  It seems Christians who rail against religious oppression are the ones most likely to be in favor of a burqa ban.  Where do we stop the ban on religious items displayed in public? What percentage of the population actually wears burqas?  0.1%? 0.01%? And it is receiving this much attention?  If the majority of assaults and rapes are due to Muslim men, I don't understand why people think banning burqas will make any impact at reducing the assaults and rapes.  This debate is nothing more than widow dressing.  Why are Americans concerned about what Germany does regarding burqas within their own borders?

I'm mostly amused because if a woman walked into Walmart wearing a burqa while open carrying an AR-15 it seems many people are more threatened by an article of clothing associated with religion than the rifle.

Thanks for your perspective.  I happen to see the Burqa ban as more a symbolic gesture that shows that a host Nation to refugees should not be forced to accept their customs, as much as they should have to assimilate to the customs of the Nation they are seeking refuge in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-07-2016, 09:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The first one has the "chick lean", but women pull off the craziest shots somehow.

I used to run the rifle range at a local Scout camp during the summer, and we had what we called the Great Mother Shoot on family nights. Mothers and sisters would get to try their hand at the same rifles the boys were using. Naturally, there was a competitiveness there, and more often than not the young men were outshot by their female family members. When, inevitably, I would see them in shock that they had been outdone I would simply say "you see what happens when you listen to what I tell you about technique?"
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-07-2016, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since you have likely spent more time overseas, than most of us on here.  Why don't you offer your opinion of what you saw abroad?

Yeah well, I can say quite safely that we generally don't freak out when we see a Burka.
(12-07-2016, 10:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I used to run the rifle range at a local Scout camp during the summer, and we had what we called the Great Mother Shoot on family nights. Mothers and sisters would get to try their hand at the same rifles the boys were using. Naturally, there was a competitiveness there, and more often than not the young men were outshot by their female family members. When, inevitably, I would see them in shock that they had been outdone I would simply say "you see what happens when you listen to what I tell you about technique?"
A lot of women in my area (best deer hunting in Ohio) hunt deer and turkey.
I'd wager 50-60% of our female populace is proficient.
My 62 yr. old mother is a dead shot and always carries.
My dad was a cop and taught her to shoot a pistol, after she was held-up as a cashier.
(12-07-2016, 06:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: somali-women-carry-weapons-during-a-demo...ing-th.jpg]

It's about time we had some god damn burqa control laws. 

Hilarious Hilarious  Burkas don't kill--people do!
(12-07-2016, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

LOL excellent points Oncemore.

One thing though, I don't see any evidence any "majority or assaults and rapes" in Europe are due to Muslim men. That is a common right wing theme here and abroad. The real impulse behind the ban is to remove different customs from the public eye and to punish difference, though some of it is feminists in Germany argue that it is restricting and denigrating women.

The French and Belgians have much stricter laws against burkas than the Germans are proposing. And they (my impression) are more racially motivated than the proposed German laws.

So in reality, you don't know any more than anyone else. There is a lot of reports from burqa wearing women about the treatment they are receiving from people. The video was just a quick example from the top of my head that I remembered.

People are going to stare (which is a form of being rude) because in the Western Culture Countries we do not see this everyday.

Ban on religious items displayed in public? Be more specific. Statues maybe offending, but not hurting anyone or are you referring to something else?

That woman walking into a Walmart would be a political nightmare. People would be panicking and she might just get shot by someone thinking he's preventing an attack, including an LEO.
(12-08-2016, 02:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That woman walking into a Walmart would be a political nightmare. People would be panicking and she might just get shot by someone thinking he's preventing an attack, including an LEO.

That's his point, though. How many times do we see on the news people open carrying a rifle into a place like that and, while there is some controversy, nothing happens to them? Add a burqa and immediately it is perceived as a threat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-08-2016, 02:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's his point, though. How many times do  we see on the news people open carrying a rifle into a place like that and, while there is some controversy, nothing happens to them? Add a burqa and immediately it is perceived as a threat.

I'm aware that his point, but I also do not agree with open carrying of AR-15's. There is no point.
Our society is more open to it if the guy is dressed as a redneck.

However, if that same redneck walked into a Planned Parenthood clinic brandishing his AR-15, it would cause a political nightmare there as well.

In both cases, the fault would lie more at the Media's feet. They are the ones that build up these stereo types.
(12-08-2016, 02:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So in reality, you don't know any more than anyone else. There is a lot of reports from burqa wearing women about the treatment they are receiving from people. The video was just a quick example from the top of my head that I remembered.

People are going to stare (which is a form of being rude) because in the Western Culture Countries we do not see this everyday.

Honestly, I have a hard time banning stuff because "people get rude". So the rude person wins? Their rudeness is the benchmark for the others?

When I was in London recently for unspecified Bengals related reasons, there were more Burkas as they are here. At the third one, I stopped even bothering, and no one else seemed to do.

Can't forbid the strange just because it's strange.
(12-08-2016, 02:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Honestly, I have a hard time banning stuff because "people get rude". So the rude person wins? Their rudeness is the benchmark for the others?

When I was in London recently for unspecified Bengals related reasons, there were more Burkas as they are here. At the third one, I stopped even bothering, and no one else seemed to do.

Can't forbid the strange just because it's strange.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, seeing women wearing burqas here (in the US) is not extremely rare or frightening. My guess is it depends on the part of the country in which one lives, or travels. I've seen them in grocery stores in NE Ohio as well as Atlanta and small towns in Florida. Remarkably, those sharing my experience managed to maintain a good sense of decorum at the time. 

The only real issue at play here for me is the wearing of masks in public by anyone. And even with this, I'm not convinced that a woman with a burqa presents such a worrisome danger to the public in general. Much larger battles exist, even for the hopelessly paranoid.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(12-08-2016, 03:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Contrary to the beliefs of some, seeing women wearing burqas here (in the US) is not extremely rare or frightening. My guess is it depends on the part of the country in which one lives, or travels. I've seen them in grocery stores in NE Ohio as well as Atlanta and small towns in Florida. Remarkably, those sharing my experience managed to maintain a good sense of decorum at the time. 

The only real issue at play here for me is the wearing of masks in public by anyone. And even with this, I'm not convinced that a woman with a burqa presents such a worrisome danger to the public in general. Much larger battles exist, even for the hopelessly paranoid.

Yeah well, the US are really quite big. Everytime I check I'm shocked. Guess LA is quite different then Bismarck, and Burka density probably isn't a constant.

The masks in public thing... might be valid; then again, would anyone ban mascots. (And they are everywhere, not just in stadiums, but also in front of mattress shops and whatnot). 
Have to admit though. I always end up on the "no ban" side of the argument, but I still despise Burkas, and I'd rather not have those. Cultural pluralism only goes soo far for me. Don't know if that makes me a hypocrite or a bad person, my guess is yes.
I've never seen a burqa, but I've seen lots of people in Amish clothing.  Wide brimmed hat, suspenders, wool shirts.....the whole nine yards.  And they freak me out more than a burqa does.  I don't trust those Amish folk.  Seriously, its the 21st century, why are you driving a horse and buggy? And what are you doing standing in line at Wendy's in the Valley West Mall? I've seen that Amish Mafia show on tv, that Lebenon Levi is one bad MoFo. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.