Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merle Haggard Dead at 79
Can I get on line one week this year without a musician that I like dying?  I was going to see him this summer.  Willie Nelson is just about the only country legend left now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
RIP Hag. Say a prayer for Lefty too.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Man, so many damn celebrities/musicians leaving us this year.  Sad

I'm not really of fan of today's country music scene...I grew up on Merle, Waylon, Cash, Paycheck, Billy Joe Shaver, Willie Nelson, Kris K, Bobby Bare, etc. 

Merle was a legend and will be missed.
Reply/Quote
I've never been a big Country music fan. Actually, I've always been a hard rock man. But out of respect, RIP Merle.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:31 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:  Say a prayer for Lefty too.

Rep.

Off the top of my head that would probably be the first Merle song I could list (and I don't even know if he wrote it or was the first to record it)

That and "Mamma Tried" and ""Working Man Blues"
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've never been a big Country music fan.  Actually, I've always been a hard rock man.  But out of respect, RIP Merle.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Rock On  RIP Merle  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, so many damn celebrities/musicians leaving us this year.  Sad

I'm not really of fan of today's country music scene...I grew up on Merle, Waylon, Cash, Paycheck, Billy Joe Shaver, Willie Nelson, Kris K, Bobby Bare, etc. 

Merle was a legend and will be missed.

Sounds like my playlists on Honky Tonk nights......I've been down in the dumps over losin' Merle....the only one that hurt worse for me was Waylon.  We stayed drunk for two days back in '02. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Off the top of my head that would probably be the first Merle song I could list (and I don't even know if he wrote it or was the first to record it)

That and "Mamma Tried" and ""Working Man Blues"

Its a Townes Van Zandt song.  He wrote it in the early 70's but Merle and Willie are the guys who took it to #1.  Another one of my favorite songs of his is "That's the Way Love Goes". 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Its a Townes Van Zandt song.  He wrote it in the early 70's but Merle and Willie are the guys who took it to #1.  Another one of my favorite songs of his is "That's the Way Love Goes". 

Shit......Ramblin' Fever, I'm Gonna Break Every Heart I Can, Big City, Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck Was Still Silver), I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink, The Old Man From the Mountain, Livin' With the Shades Pulled Down, CC Waterback (w/ George Jones), I'm Bringing Home Good News.....shew....I could go on for days.

We played the entire box set last Friday night, then off onto to a few others, and more recent albums, including Django and Jimmy with Willie Nelson.  That was the first up all night to sunrise drinkin' this ol' boy had seen in quite a while.  I felt that shit the next two days too! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote