Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU's Billy Price Injured at Combine
(03-02-2018, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's fantastic news!  Do you have a link for the story?

Here's a link:

Quote:One of the top offensive linemen in the draft suffered a setback Thursday.

Ohio State offensive lineman Billy Price suffered a partially torn pectoral muscle while participating in the bench press, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. 

Speaking at the combine Friday morning, Price described it as an "incomplete" tear and said it was a minor injury. The interior lineman told reporters he should be fine for the season and the start of training camp.
"I'm not worried about this at all. This is something where I'm gonna come back stronger," Price said. "You're gonna really have to put a bullet between us Ohio State guys' eyes to put us down. So I'm looking to get back out there and whatever team ends up selecting me, we're going to be 100 percent going into it."
The MRI results came in Friday morning, and it's not yet clear if surgery is required. 
Before suffering the injury, Price was measured at 6-foot-3 3/4 and 305 pounds with 32-inch arms, earning physical comparisons to Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey.
Price was considered by NFL Network draft svengali Mike Mayock as a top-five interior offensive lineman.

Not sure how I feel about him now.

I don't know about the pec, but partially torn is worse than fully torn with some injuries.

I wanted him and we needed him, but we know our luck with injuries and can we really risk taking a guy if we're not 110% sure that he'll be ready to go?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 07:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's a link:

Not sure how I feel about him now.

I don't know about the pec, but partially torn is worse than fully torn with some injuries.

I wanted him and we needed him, but we know our luck with injuries and can we really risk taking a guy if we're not 110% sure that he'll be ready to go?

I think he would be a tremendous value in the 3rd round.  A torn pec isn't as bad as a destroyed shoulder, for the position he plays.  For a lineman, the bad injuries are shoulder, back and knee.   He will recover, and most likely still have a monster career.  Unlike Cedric Ogbuehi, Price has all the natural aggression to match his size.  His biggest flaws are the result of being overly aggressive, and that can be tempered by a good coach. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Billy Price or Frank Ragnow in the 2nd now, that is if the Bengals don't do something stupid and resign Blodine, which they will.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:34 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So that would put him at September /October range for playing?

Of course it is already reported now as minor. 

But mine hurt like heck but was healed in about 6 months and has never been a problem since. 

Plus unlike him I had no trainers or Drs working on it constantly and had to continue working construction daily for a paycheck.

Do not see this as a deal breaker in drafting him if he slides in draft because of it. 

It is weird to hear it rip though. It is an attention grabber for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 09:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bad news for Price. 2018 season in jeopardy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-prospect-billy-price-injured-at-combine/ar-BBJL7vh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Yikes, an injured OL and may miss entire year = now on Bengals radar at #12.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:50 AM)treee Wrote: If he's gonna miss 2018 that means we're pretty much guaranteed to draft him with our 1st round pick then LOL

I know your joking, but deep down, your not 100% convinced it wont and it makes you nervous. Me too! MB just seen $$$$ signs.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 04:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know your joking, but deep down, your not 100% convinced it wont and it makes you nervous. Me too! MB just seen $$$$ signs.

Well the one thing we have on our side is that rookie contracts were pretty much standardized with the last standoff between the player's union and the NFL. Each draft slot pretty much already has a salary attached to it, and the negotiating is greatly reduced compared to the past. Hopefully our round 1 pick can be an immediate contributor though, we haven't had that for a while now.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You don't think he will be a good center in the NFL? 

I think he will be a good center in the NFL. I was making fun of Mike Brown's affections for drafting players with late injuries. If Price drops in the draft because the injury I think that is the only way the Bengals will select him.

Reply/Quote
So what you're saying is.....the price has dropped? Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!
Reply/Quote
Well if the price has dropped then certainly the price is right for the bengals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 09:45 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well if the price has dropped then certainly the price is right for the bengals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This but only at a bargain price. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Quote:Stinks he'll probably make a lot less money on his rookie contract now though.
Are we supposed to care how much he gets paid on his rookie contract? I guess I'm just not a real Bengals fan because I don't really care about this particular issue.. Maybe it's just me, but it seems absurd to pay a 20-23 year old kid that kind of money to do anything that doesn't involve saving my life from eminent danger.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote