Sounds stupid. Let's not.
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Message Board All Time Bengal Team
A few years back on the Mothership we did an extended survey to determine the board All Time Bengal Team. I tought it would be a good idea to christen the new board (and officially divorce ourselves from the old one) with the same thing. To help pass time until real football, generation discussion, and help all board members to learn more about Bengal Greats past and present I will post a series of threads where folks can vote and provide their opinion.

A few guidelines:
Only their time as a Bengal will be considered (so no T.O., Joiner, Bergey, ect…)   
No “what could have been” (so no KiJana, Greg Cook, Odell Thurman, ect…). Although feel free to reminisce
We will use a base 4-3 D
The voting for LT will be for second best ever
Please refrain from putting down another option to pimp yours
There will be no “other” Option, but if I omit a legit contender I will review and resubmit if required
The current thread will always end with “next up” incase folks want to PM me someone I may not think of.

We have a lot of Bengal knowledge and experience on this Board. I ask that some of the more veteran fans provide as much personal insight and stories as possible

If there is a lack of interest/participation I will abandon the process. Please vote and add you opinion on the process here and if it seems like a good idea and there is enough interest I will start off this weekend with QB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How many years does it take to qualify as an all time Bengal?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Glad you decided to do this bfine. Hope that many wish to do it and participate.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:09 PM)J24 Wrote: How many years does it take to qualify as an all time Bengal?

It's not so much about length as it is contribution and excellence as a Bengal.

For instance Bill Bergey and Mike Reid were both Bengals for about the same amount of time. While Bill was here he never earned an NFL acolade (he did earn AFL All-Star as a rookie). Reid was only here 5 years but was All-Pro and Pro-Bowl two of them. All AFC for 4 of them.

The sticking point is going to be using the current player; folks will want to consider potential (AJ Green, Jeremy Hill, Geno Atkins, ect...). Not that any listed will not be considered.

Reply/Quote
I thought about this for awhile and came up with a few names:

Anthony Munoz
T.O.
Joiner
Bergey
KiJana
Greg Cook
Odell Thurman
Pollack

Oh yeah... and anyone else's picks are just plain stupid dumb!!!!

ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Safeties- Casonova, Fulcther, Nelson
Corners- Riely, Parrish, Hall, Joeseph
Qb- Ken Anderson, Boomer, Palmer, Dalton
Wr- Curtis, Colinsworth, Pickens, Johnson, TJ
Dt- Krumie, Wilkinson, Atkins
Ot- Whitworth, Munoz, Anderson
Those are the guys I would nominate so far.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 10:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Safeties- Casonova, Fulcther, Nelson
Dt- Krumie, Wilkernson, Atkins

That looks like a mighty good start. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: That looks like a mighty good start. ThumbsUp

QB:  Greg Cook before injury, Ken Anderson, Boomer
RB:  Ickey, Dillon, Hill
WR:  AJ, Collinsworth, Curtis
OL:  Whit, Munoz
Reply/Quote
Dt- Krumie, Wilkernson, Atkins

Why Wilkerson?

Michael Johnson > Wilkerson (imo.)

Too many to list...
Max Montoya
The Rattler Ken Riley
Vulcher Fulcher
Deltha O'Neal
Jim Breech
Pete Johnson
Rudy Johnson
James Brooks
Issac Curtis
I would like to see what Justin Smith could do with help...
TE Reggie Kelly with help...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Bump
Reply/Quote
Munoz is automatic, but I think that guys like Riley, Ken Anderson, Mike Reid, Bob Johnson, Lemar Parrish, Isaac Curtis and James Brooks should be included in any "all-time" list.

Of course, more well known players like Boomer, Collinsworth, Krumrie, Fulcher, "Downtown" Eddie Brown, Dillon, Pickens, Chad, Big Willie.

Then there are guys like Browner, Edwards, Reggie Williams, Louis Breeden, Pete Johnson, Montoya, Kozerski, etc.

A ton of names to look back on, and definitely some good options at every position.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 10:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I thought about this for awhile and came up with a few names:

Anthony Munoz
T.O.
Joiner
Bergey
KiJana
Greg Cook
Odell Thurman
Pollack

Oh yeah... and anyone else's picks are just plain stupid dumb!!!!

ThumbsUp
I can always count on your support

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 12:41 AM)B=======D Wrote: Why Wilkerson?

Michael Johnson > Wilkerson (imo.)

Too many to list...
Max Montoya
The Rattler Ken Riley
Vulcher Fulcher
Deltha O'Neal
Jim Breech
Pete Johnson
Rudy Johnson
James Brooks
Issac Curtis
I would like to see what Justin Smith could do with help...
TE Reggie Kelly with help...

Johnson a DE and Wilkinson was a DT.
J24

Reply/Quote
Are we supposed to be submitting our names for consideration here, or is this just a thread to express weather we would like to participate?

What I gathered from the OP was the latter, and I am all in favor of holding a message board all-time greats team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
RBs-Dillion, Brooks, Rudi Johnson
TE- Bob Trumpy, Tony Mggee, Reggie Kelly( not receiving stats but a hell of a blocker), Gresham
I don't know much about Offensive line history wise besides the LT position and  I am having trouble with Lb spot as well. Takeo and Simmons I guess but there has to be someone better right?
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are we supposed to be submitting our names for consideration here, or is this just a thread to express weather we would like to participate?

What I gathered from the OP was the latter, and I am all in favor of holding a message board all-time greats team.

I think he will be asking for suggestions by positions should he decide to actually go thru with it. So far these boards seem a little strange in that there does not seem to be near the activity that there was on the Bengals.com boards. Not sure why hopefully we will see it pick up as people adapt to the change.
Reply/Quote
I'm always down to offer my opinion. Especially when it comes to all-time Bengals squads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:09 PM)J24 Wrote: How many years does it take to qualify as an all time Bengal?

I'd suggest at least 4-5
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Dt- Krumie, Wilkinson, Atkins

No Jeff Blake?

Not putting down anyone but I'd put Blake in over 1 or 2 of those (not naming names).
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 01:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Munoz is automatic, but I think that guys like Riley, Ken Anderson, Mike Reid, Bob Johnson, Lemar Parrish, Isaac Curtis and James Brooks should be included in any "all-time" list.

Of course, more well known players like Boomer, Collinsworth, Krumrie, Fulcher, "Downtown" Eddie Brown, Dillon, Pickens, Chad, Big Willie.

Then there are guys like Browner, Edwards, Reggie Williams, Louis Breeden, Pete Johnson, Montoya, Kozerski, etc.

A ton of names to look back on, and definitely some good options at every position.

The only names I'd add to your list would be Bob Trumpy and Dan Ross, without searching through history. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote