[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a cakewalk......

Hall, Riley, Parrish....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If Eric Thomas doesn't blow out his knee and if Deltha O'neal had played here earlier in his career might have been a different result.  Louis Breeden was also a close third.

It is shocking that Riley is not in the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is a cakewalk......

Hall, Riley, Parrish....

That's who I went with.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Now this was truly tough voting. Ultimately I had to go with Ken Riley, Louis Breeden and Leon Hall. However, I would have no problem with any of these guys making the team other than Deltha O'Neal.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is a cakewalk......

Hall, Riley, Parrish....

Not sure how you discount Breeden so easily by calling this a cakewalk. Breeden was an outstanding talent for this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 05:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Now this was truly tough voting. Ultimately I had to go with Ken Riley, Louis Breeden and Leon Hall. However, I would have no problem with any of these guys making the team other than Deltha O'Neal.

Ill never forget Deltha... that dude broke madden lol... Seriously (i know its madden)

But i had 6 pick 6s in one game lol...

If only we had him longer.
Reply/Quote
I would be interested in how many of those voting for Parrish are doing so in part due to his role as a returner and just as a CB.
Reply/Quote
Loved watching Breeden when I was young but this comes down to The Rattler and Parrish; I went with Riley but it was a tough call.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 06:21 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Loved watching Breeden when I was young but this comes down to The Rattler and Parrish; I went with Riley but it was a tough call.

You get to select three.
Reply/Quote
Only Ken Riley has more INTs and INT return yards as a Cincinnati Bengal than Louis Breeden. Most probably don't remember his INT in the Freezer Bowl at the Charger's 5 yard line that broke SD's spirit as they were driving in for a score.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 05:32 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not sure how discount Breeden so easily by calling this a cakewalk. Breeden was an outstanding talent for this franchise.

Yes, Louis was good....very good.  Just goes to show how good Hall, Parrish, and Riley are/were.  It's still a cakewalk......not to slight Eric Thomas or O'Neal either.  Riley should be a HOFer, Parrish is a fringe candidate, and Leon Hall is easily as good as Breeden and not finished yet.

This is a strong position group.

Reply/Quote
My only gripe here is that JJo should probably be on there over Deltha, who really just had one amazing season, then quit giving 100% once it was apparent the Bengals weren't going to rip up his contract and give him a new one. Don't get me wrong, I loved Deltha, for that one season, but JJo was better and did it longer. Heck, I'd take JJo over Leon if JJo had stayed here.

Fwiw, I'd take Tory James over Deltha as well. Tory gave us 4 great seasons, including an 8 int pro bowl season in 2004, and 21 int's total in 4 seasons. He was more consistent than Deltha, but Deltha gets all the love for one season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
So what makes Leon Hall so much better than Louis Breeden? (Leon is smoking Breeden in voting)

Breeden has superior stats, made it to a Super Bowl and was named 1st team All-Pro 1 more time.

Love Leon, but sometimes I feel people overrate him a pinch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 08:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, Louis was good....very good.  Just goes to show how good Hall, Parrish, and Riley are/were.  It's still a cakewalk......not to slight Eric Thomas or O'Neal either.  Riley should be a HOFer, Parrish is a fringe candidate, and Leon Hall is easily as good as Breeden and not finished yet.

This is a strong position group.

So I am curious as to why you feel Parrish is so much better than Breeden.....really curious. I think Breeden was a much more physical presence as a CB than Parrish was and most certainly a better tackler.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what makes Leon Hall so much better than Louis Breeden? (Leon is smoking Breeden in voting)

Breeden has superior stats, made it to a Super Bowl and was named 1st team All-Pro 1 more time.

Love Leon, but sometimes I feel people overrate him a pinch.

I think the biggest thing is that many on here have no idea who Louis Breeden was and most certainly many have not seen him play. I would also say that Parrish is getting many votes because people have heard his name more than they have heard that of Louis Breeden. I am guessing that many voting have not actually seen Breeden or Parrish play.
Reply/Quote
Riley, Parrish, and Breeden.

Close between Breeden and Hall though.

Eric Thomas was as good a cover guy as there was in the entire NFL by his second season in 1988. Then he had that leg injury in the off-season following the Super Bowl and was never the same.

I would even put guys like Ashley Ambrose and J Joe on the list before Deltha O 'Neal though.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 09:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So I am curious as to why you feel Parrish is so much better than Breeden.....really curious. I think Breeden was a much more physical presence as a CB than Parrish was and most certainly a better tackler.

Just think he was better, and was part of a dynamic tandem......the two (Breeden and Parrish) averaged about the same INTs/year while in stripes......Lemar went to eight pro bowls.....3 all pros.....2 2nd team all pros.......1979 defensive back of the year.......47 picks, 13 TDs.......2709 return yards.......Breeden was good, but the numbers don't compare, in my eyes.

They DO compare with Hall, and Hall is not done yet.  I project his numbers to be better ultimately, so I went with him.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 09:47 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I think the biggest thing is that many on here have no idea who Louis Breeden was and most certainly many have not seen him play. I would also say that Parrish is getting many votes because people have heard his name more than they have heard that of Louis Breeden. I am guessing that many voting have not actually seen Breeden or Parrish play.

I've seen all of them play.  And I stand by my picks.  Riley is a given, Parrish was just plain better than Breeden, and Leon has had a hell of a career if he retires tomorrow.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 11:50 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've seen all of them play.  And I stand by my picks.  Riley is a given, Parrish was just plain better than Breeden, and Leon has had a hell of a career if he retires tomorrow.

I've seen all of them play but Parrish and Riley.....but their numbers, accolades, film, and memories speak for themselves.

Reply/Quote