JEREMI JOHNSON
5.13%
2 5.13%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (FB)
I didn't see any of the first three but went with Pete Johnson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how many people here were alive when pete was on the team? that could be a big reason

And hopefully that's part of enjoyment/ learning experience: To not "know" a former great, but then be able to research and watch film clips and get a new appreciation and knowledge.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeremi could have been an all time great at FB but he liked the food too much and basically ate himself out of the league.
Reply/Quote
Had to go Pete, one of my all time Favorite Bengal plays was Pete Johnson knocking Jack Lambert into next week on MNF way back in the day !

Ickey is and always will be one of my favorite Bengals though.
Reply/Quote
I went with Pete even though I've only seen clips of him here and there. I've read how much he meant to the team when he was here. It's hard to argue against his production. I love Ickey, but he was basically a one year wonder.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Voted for Pete, versatility man. I personally never watched him play but i have
heard a lot about him and how he could really run Linebackers over.

Love Ickey, but i had to be honest.
Reply/Quote
I went with Pete.  Hard choices.  But he did a lot of trucking amuck in defensive backfields.

He broke my heart though in the Super Bowl when he was unable to get into the end zone

As far as blocking full backs, I loved Jeremi.   Was a heck of a blocker, could run and was an excellent receiver.  If he'd been able to push away from the table more he would have been harder not to vote for.

Food.   The drug you have to use.   Makes it hard to quit.
Reply/Quote
Went with Pete Johnson on this one, but it was a harder choice than Anderson versus Esiason for me.

What swayed me to Johnson was a play against the Steelers. Kenny Anderson threw the ball to Johnson who was about 10 yards down field in the flat and you could see that Jack Lambert was coming in to blast Johnson.

Johnson, to his credit, saw what was about to happen, so instead of catching the ball (he ignored the ball). Lambert had his head down and was expecting to knock the lights out of Johnson. Surprise! Johnson nailed Lambert, knocking him back on his rear and really setting the tone for the game.

Johnson was a punishing runner. Plus we traded him for James Brooks, who had a lot more tread left on his tires than Johnson did.

Reply/Quote