2 4.88%
SCOTT (KR)
4.88%
2 4.88%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (PR/KR)
RETURNERS (PICK one from each Category)

PUNT RETURNER

MIKE MARTIN (PR)
[Image: Mike_Martin.jpg]
Franchise Record Punt Return yards (Career)
Averaged 9.9 YPR (Career)

BRANDON TATE (PR)
[Image: brandon-tate-bengals.jpg]
Franchise Record Punt Return Yards (Season)
Averaged 9.8 YPR (Career)

ADAM JONES (PR)
[Image: hi-res-156057625_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h...=1500&q=85]
Franchise Record YPR Career (Minimum 60 returns)
Averaged 11.4 YPR (Career)

KICK RETURNER

TREMAIN MACK (KR)
[Image: mack_tremain_kg.jpg]
Franchise Record Kick Return Yards/TDs (Career)
Averaged 24.5 YPR (Career)

TAB PERRY (KR)
[Image: t1-perry.jpg]
Franchise Record Kick Return Yards (Season)
Averaged 23.7 YPR (Career)

BERNARD SCOTT (PR)
[Image: St+Louis+Rams+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+VCu-04Kmvhal.jpg]
Franchise Record YPR Season (Minimum 15 returns)
Averaged 24.5 YPR (Career)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to write in a vote for Peter Warrick as PR. He had 2 TD's on only 54 punt returns, which is as many as Martin, Tate and Jones combined.

Jones is a close 2nd though.

I'll take pro-bowler Tremain Mack as my KR.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I had all but forgot about Tremain Mack.... He and Pacman get my votes.  I agree with Shake, Warrick could have probably been on this list too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 06:15 PM)jason Wrote: I had all but forgot about Tremain Mack.... He and Pacman get my votes.  I agree with Shake, Warrick could have probably been on this list too.

It's the 'Jones and Mack bringin' it back attack' for me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Where's Stanford Jennings?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Where's Stanford Jennings?

He had the grandest Bengal return moment of them all.  But, on the whole, wasn't he pretty pedestrian?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tab Perry... Lol He was long forgotten in my head.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Where's Stanford Jennings?

If you take the top 25 Bengals in Kick Returns, Stanfords Jenings has the 2nd worst Yards per Return. Brandon Tate has over 350 more Kick Return Yards as a Bengal than Jennings at did with an average of over 4 yards more per return.

I did see the Super Bowl though.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 06:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm going to write in a vote for Peter Warrick as PR. 

(06-29-2015, 06:15 PM)jason Wrote: I agree with Shake, Warrick could have probably been on this list too.

Bradon Tate has 1240 Punt Return yards as a Cincinnati Bengal with 1 TD and 9.8 YPR

Adam Jones has 751 Punt Return yards as a Cincinnati Bengal with 1 TD and 11.4 YPR

Warrick has 526 Punt Return Yards as a Cincinnati Bengal with 2 TDs and 9.7 YPR.

Warrick gets the nod over those 2 because he had 1 more TD?

Hell Mitchell Price had 5 fewer Returns than Warrick yet only has 16 fewer Punt Return yards. He has 2 TDs and averaged 10.4 YPC. 

Reply/Quote
I must say the biggest "Where's he at?" hasn't even been brought up yet.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say the biggest "Where's he at?" hasn't even been brought up yet.

Lemar Parrish.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:33 PM)McC Wrote: Lamar Parrish.

Lemar Parrish would be my choice.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:33 PM)McC Wrote: Lamar Parrish.

(06-29-2015, 08:46 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Lemar Parrish would be my choice.

Couple reasons I didn't go with Lamar. The biggest reason is that he is already 1st team CB. The 2nd reason is out side of TDs (4) Brandon Tate beats him in every category. 

I will say researching Bengal career numbers, Brandon Tate is arguably the best return man (KR/PR combined) in Bengal history. Yet most folks hate him on the team. 

Reply/Quote
Lamat Parrish still hold the record for highest single season punt return average (18.8) since the AFL/NFL merger,
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you take the top 25 Bengals in Kick Returns, Stanfords Jenings has the 2nd worst Yards per Return. Brandon Tate has over 350 more Kick Return Yards as a Bengal than Jennings at did with an average of over 4 yards more per return.

I did see the Super Bowl though.
He was the franchise record holder for career total yardage on kick returns for a long time before Mack and Tate broke that record. I think that's more deserving of being a choice than Scott.
Reply/Quote
The voting is pretty much as I expected. Jones and Mack being the shoe ins as they were the most dynamic we have had at each position.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple reasons I didn't go with Lamar. The biggest reason is that he is already 1st team CB. The 2nd reason is out side of TDs (4) Brandon Tate beats him in every category. 

I will say researching Bengal career numbers, Brandon Tate is arguably the best return man (KR/PR combined) in Bengal history. Yet most folks hate him on the team. 

It is the same mentality as many and baseball. They want to see the homerun and do not appreciate the guy that gets on base and scores runs. They do not appreciate the pitching duel or the team that will single you to death.
Reply/Quote
Wow, this poll closed early!

Jones and Mack is who I would've voted for.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote