Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (RB)
All-Time RB (pick 1)

PAUL ROBINSON
[Image: !BQpeEuQBmk~$(KGrHgoOKkQEjlLmVIM2BJ5-WCTK,!~~_35.JPG]
1 time AFL All-Star
1 time AFL Rushing Leader
Rookie of the Year
Finished 2nd in MVP voting (1968)
The 2nd RB in Professional football to rush for over 1,000 yards as a rookie.
Only RB in Professional Football to rush for over 1,000 for an expansion team.

JAMES BROOKS
[Image: james-brooks.jpg]
Franchise Record Games played (RB)
Career Franchise Record yards per attempt (min 400 attempts)
Franchise Record Total Yards (season)
4 time Pro Bowl
6,447 yards (rushing) 3,012 yards (receiving) 408 yards (returns)

COREY DILLON
[Image: 1717685_display_image.jpg?1296363877]
Most Franchise Rushing Yards (Career)
3 time Pro Bowl
Former NFL record rushing yards (game)
Former NFL record Rookie rushing yards (game)
Most Franchise Rushing TDs (Career)

RUDI JOHNSON
[Image: Rudi_Johnson.jpg]
1 time Pro Bowl
Most Franchise Rushing Yards (Season)
#2 Franchise Rushing TDs (Career)
#2 Franchise Rushing TDs (Season)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
God I love Rudi, but Corey was... something else
Reply/Quote
Loved James Brooks because of the way he played for his size, but he was not even close to Dillon in talent.
Reply/Quote
What no love for Benson? Ninja

Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon

He was truly something special.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon was a beast and I would have no problem with him being the choice, but I have to vote JB. Not only is he one of my top 5 all-time favorite Bengals, and a guy who could absolutely do it all...but pound for pound, was one of the toughest SOB's to ever wear the stripes.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Corey Dillon was a beast and I would have no problem with him being the choice, but I have to vote JB. Not only is he one of my top 5 all-time favorite Bengals, and a guy who could absolutely do it all...but pound for pound, was one of the toughest SOB's to ever wear the stripes.

Yup, this was a tough vote for me, but I went JB.....after all, he's probably my all time favorite Bengal player just because of the way he played the game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Agree guys. I voted for JB too. One tough som-*****.
Reply/Quote
How long until the first write-in for Jeremy Hill pops up? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:56 PM)Bryan Wrote: What no love for Benson?  Ninja

Benson was seriously under-appreciated around here. He is #2 All-Time in Yards per Game and #5 All-Time in total rushing yards. If Shane Graham could have made a FG or 2 he would have led us to victory in the NYJ playoff game. Shonn Green was named MVP with 135 yards on 21 carries. Ced had 169 0n the same amount of carries.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Benson was seriously under-appreciated around here. He is #2 All-Time in Yards per Game and #5 All-Time in total rushing yards. If Shane Graham could have made a FG or 2 he would have led us to victory in the NYJ playoff game. Shonn Green was named MVP with 135 yards on 21 carries. Ced had 169 0n the same amount of carries.  

That was the kicker (no pun intended) about that 2009 game.  Missing those FGs just took Benson right out of the game and forced us to throw to Lavernanshirleyus Coles and not-Chris Henry for the rest of the game.  Blech.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Rudi just because Rudi is awesome.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Shane Graham could have made a FG or 2 he would have led us to victory in the NYJ playoff game. Shonn Green was named MVP with 135 yards on 21 carries. Ced had 169 0n the same amount of carries.  

And it seemed like 90% of those yards were gained after contact.  That game by Benson was about as good as any postseason performance by any Bengal ever.  He made a bunch of great runs when we had zero passing game going.

Not near the best Bengal RBs ever, but he was great in that playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Benson was seriously under-appreciated around here. He is #2 All-Time in Yards per Game and #5 All-Time in total rushing yards. If Shane Graham could have made a FG or 2 he would have led us to victory in the NYJ playoff game. Shonn Green was named MVP with 135 yards on 21 carries. Ced had 169 0n the same amount of carries.  

I appreciate the way he came in and helped stabilize the position. He was reliable in that you were guaranteed 1,000 yards and 6 TDs. That said, I don't think he was a special talent. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:35 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I voted for Rudi just because Rudi is awesome.

The only black Bengal jersey I own is a #32 JOHNSON.

He is not close to the best Bengal RB ever, but I felt he was a little underrated around here by some. Plus I like a lot of SEC players because I see them more in college.

Got the Jersey because it was only $19 on Amazon.  
Reply/Quote
I went with JB. Tough as nails for a guy his size.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a toss up between Brooks and Dillon, but I had to go with Dillon. For a long time, Dillon was our offense. Teams would stack the box against him and he'd still find 4-5 yards. He was the only reason to watch the team for some time. There's no denying that his last image for us is him throwing his pads into the stands, but there's no denying what he did on the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
No Harold Green?
Reply/Quote
I named my son Brooks....so he's gotta be my vote. Dillon was awesome but Brooks was all purpose and one of the toughest to ever put on the stripes.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:46 PM)Stormborn Wrote: God I love Rudi, but Corey was... something else

diddo

I would have loved to see Corey on that 2005 team (in his prime)
Rudi had the high powered Palmer/Johnson/housh/ Henry* passing game to open up lanes Corey not so much

Heres Hoping Hill has a chance to knock both Corey and Rudi down 1 spot
Reply/Quote