1 1.72%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (RB)
Demolition Dillon
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It was a toss up between Brooks and Dillon, but I had to go with Dillon. For a long time, Dillon was our offense. Teams would stack the box against him and he'd still find 4-5 yards. He was the only reason to watch the team for some time. There's no denying that his last image for us is him throwing his pads into the stands, but there's no denying what he did on the field.

You hit the nail on the head on Dillon, which is why it isn't a toss up. Brooks was a good RB, but my opinion of him is skewed a bit as it was a happier time as a fan and I liked his big play potential running or recieving. As you said, Dillon found a way vs stacked defenses that knew he was going to carry it 30+ times, it was unreal. He was a beast that would run you over, stiff arm you or run away from you. I really hope Hill replaces all of these guys in a few years.
Reply/Quote
CD had it all. He was built like a rock, had 4.41 speed (faster than AJ Green at 225 lbs...think about that), he was also a capable blocker and receiver.

Easy choice, imo. I understand people choosing JB, but JB wasn't a workhorse back like Dillon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:12 AM)phil413 Wrote: You hit the nail on the head on Dillon, which is why it isn't a toss up.  Brooks was a good RB, but my opinion of him is skewed a bit as it was a happier time as a fan and I liked his big play potential running or recieving.  As you said, Dillon found a way vs stacked defenses that knew he was going to carry it 30+ times, it was unreal.  He was a beast that would run you over, stiff arm you or run away from you.  I really hope Hill replaces all of these guys in a few years.

Dillon had a great stiff arm no doubt about it. I remember some stiff arms against Cleveland and Pittsburgh that were just devastating. However, I think the greatest quality that Dillon has was his vision. It just always seemed he saw the field in a way that some other backs just do not. It seemed as if he could see how things were setting up the moment before they happened.
Reply/Quote
I went with JB and I'm not going to deny that character influenced my vote. Not only was CD a malcontent here I'm pretty sure he had a domestic violence charge or 2 filed on him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's hard to not say Dillon because his accomplishments were during some pretty miserable teams, but overall I gotta go with Brooks. Pound for pound, on and off the field, the man is my favorite back ever to play for us.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Corey Dillon was a beast and I would have no problem with him being the choice, but I have to vote JB. Not only is he one of my top 5 all-time favorite Bengals, and a guy who could absolutely do it all...but pound for pound, was one of the toughest SOB's to ever wear the stripes.

^ This
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon gained 222 rushing yards for 3 TDs and an 83 yard screen TD pass in college...                                             in 1 quarter! 

I do agree that Rudi is very underrated even for Bengals fans.

He got us over the eventual "Dillon dysfunction". 

Ran hard, and often other teams claimed they hated trying to tackle him because he was such freight train runner. 

Dillon still remains in a different class as an athlete to the others listed.  Speed and power tackle buster.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was between Brooks and Dillon.   Two of the toughest running backs to play the game.   I love them both as players.

Over all I have to give it to Dillon.  The guy had everything you want in a power running back.  He would steam roll you then roll for another 5-10 yards literally dismantling the secondary.  He was a joy to watch.

It's a shame he didn't play for one of the Super Bowl teams or the 2005 team.  As good as Rudi was Corey in his prime would have combined with our passing attack to destroy teams and control the clock when we needed to.

He did well with the Pats when he was a shadow of his former self.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote