Franchise Receiving Catches TE (Career)
Franchise Receiving TDs TE (Season)*
Franchise Record Games Played TE
3 time Pro Bowl
#2 Receiving TDs TE (Career)

JERMAINE GRESHAM
[Image: th?id=JN.NjxOxZdULvRq2vgKBrIi1g&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]
2 time Pro bowl
One of only 3 TEs in NFL history to have at least 50 receptions in their first 3 years
#3 Franchise Receiving TDs TE (Career)
3 of the top 4 seasons catches by a TE
#2 yards per Game TE (Career)

* = Tied
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert will be on there eventually IF he can stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
I actually thought I was going to go with Holman, until I studied Trumpy's career a bit.

Unlike the other options, Trumpy spent his entire 10 year career with the Bengals and averaged 575 yards per 16 games.

For comparison, Holman averaged 420 yards, Ross averaged 649 (only played 6 seasons) and Gresh averaged 588 yards (5 seasons).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I will go with Trumpy. That was before TE's were used much in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Trumpy also. But Dan Ross is a close second.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I went Rodney Holman but it was close between him and Trumpy and honestly I do not think you can go wrong having either of these guys as your  All-Time TE. The deciding factor for me was that I think Holman was a much more physical blocker when called upon than Trumpy was while as well putting up outstanding offensive stats.
Reply/Quote
Trumpy and Holman have similar stats for the Bengals.

Holman 318 catches/4329 yards, 34 TD's
Trumpy 298 catches/4600 yards, 35 TDs

Rodney did it in 11 years, 165 games
Trumpy in 10 years, 128 games

I voted Trumpy, but thought this choice was close.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 03:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm going with Trumpy also.  But Dan Ross is a close second.

Gotta say I find it hard to believe Ross is getting shut out. His Super Bowl performance is still among the best ever by any receiver: WR ot TE.

He also was the Franchise leader in receptions for a season for about 14 years.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 03:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm going with Trumpy also.  But Dan Ross is a close second.

(06-04-2015, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta say I find it hard to believe Ross is getting shut out. His Super Bowl performance is still among the best ever by any receiver: WR ot TE.

Yeah, i just voted for Trumpy for his career as a whole and the fact he did that
when TE's were not usually used that much in the passing game.

Ross was a fine TE as well.
Reply/Quote
Btw, I gotta show some love for Tony McGee since he's not on the list.

299 catches - 3795 yards - 20 td's in 9 seasons and 136 games.

2nd most catches by a TE in Bengals history (behind only Holman)
3rd most yards (behind Trumpy and Holman)

He was a yet another good player who is often forgotten due to the era he played in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta say I find it hard to believe Ross is getting shut out. His Super Bowl performance is still among the best ever by any receiver: WR ot TE.

Yeah, I agree.  Don't understand how he's not even being considered.  Or mentioned.  
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:

Ross was a fine TE as well.

Well, I guess he has been mentioned.  My bad Nate.
Reply/Quote
Had to go Trumpy
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I gotta show some love for Tony McGee since he's not on the list.

299 catches - 3795 yards - 20 td's in 9 seasons and 136 games.

2nd most catches by a TE in Bengals history (behind only Holman)
3rd most yards (behind Trumpy and Holman)

He was a yet another good player who is often forgotten due to the era he played in.

Good call Shake. I was a huge McGee fan when he was with the team no doubt about it.
Reply/Quote
Trumpy, hands down.  In my mind Ross is the clear #2, and yet he has no votes while Gresham has one!
Reply/Quote
I had to go Ross.   The guy was so clutch and he would play with his guts trailing on the ground. 

His Super Bowl performance almost willed us into a victory and set record for SB receptions by a TE until just recently.  The guy was the consummate pro and a gentleman as well.

Plus 2 years all pro is impressive as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 06:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Trumpy, hands down.  In my mind Ross is the clear #2, and yet he has no votes while Gresham has one!

I would not say it is hands down at all and it seems as if you are giving Holman very little respect.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 02:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I actually thought I was going to go with Holman, until I studied Trumpy's career a bit.

Unlike the other options, Trumpy spent his entire 10 year career with the Bengals and averaged 575 yards per 16 games.

For comparison, Holman averaged 420 yards, Ross averaged 649 (only played 6 seasons) and Gresh averaged 588 yards (5 seasons).

Dan Ross was a beast.  Every time the Bengals were 3rd and 7 or 3rd and eight, you could count on Dan Ross.  Had as good of a set of hands as I have seen on a TE.  My favorite all time Bengal.  Maybe not the best player ever to play for the Bengals, but man he was clutch.
Reply/Quote
Never saw Trumpy in his primes.

Holeman is one of the most underrated Bengals in history. He was a really good player.

But I have to vote for Dan Ross.

The Bengals have certainly had a few good TEs. Tony McGee (322 rec. 4089 yds, 12.7 avg, 21 tds) should have been on the list.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I gotta show some love for Tony McGee since he's not on the list.
(06-04-2015, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tony McGee (322 rec. 4089 yds, 12.7 avg, 21 tds) should have been on the list.

Believe me. I considered McGee, but it seemed Trumphy and Holman trumped him in career accomplishments. Ross was just an elite talent. In the end I felt Gresh did more than enough and you have to acknowledge something that only 2 others have done in the history of the NFL.

Reply/Quote