12 52.17%
NELSON
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Team (Tie-Breaker)
When the voting for the All-Defense team was calculated there was a tie for the #2 Safety. Both Tommy Casanova and Reggie Nelson received 27 votes. So we will have a quick one-day run off.

TOMMY CASANOVA
[Image: 35f83b5556f757198a11c3427651d002eb5cffe0...573871b6a2]
3 Time Pro Bowl
17 INTs in a 6 year Bengal Career

REGGIE NELSON
[Image: Reggie+Nelson+New+York+Jets+v+Cincinnati...x2rpql.jpg]
384 tackles, 7 Forced Fumbles
15 INTs in a 5 year Bengal Career
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson. He didn't start much when he first got here, but he's really made an impact and is one of the most underrated safeties in the NFL. Hard hitter, provided the Bengals with 20 turnovers in 5 seasons, and a tough player.

He shows that he still has some left in the tank and fights for every ball. Sure, I might not have watched Casanova much, but Nelson is a very good player. He's made clutch plays (interception against the Steelers in 2012 to put them in the playoffs).
Reply/Quote
Tommy Casanova was First Team All-Pro once and a Pro-Bowl selection 3 times in only 6 seasons. He scored 3 defensive tds in '72, and finished 5th in the league in punt return average in '72. Casanova retired at age 27 following his second consecutive Pro Bowl season. If he had not retired so young he might have been on his way to the Hall of fame.

I love Nelson and think he is possibly the most underrated player on our team, but he is not as good as Casanova was.
Reply/Quote
Cassanova.
Reply/Quote
I do not think you can use Pro Bowls for modern player as a criteria for voting as we all know the modern age Pro Bowl is a complete joke. I think Cassanova was an outstanding safety but I think Nelson is better.
Reply/Quote
Well this is proving not to be very helpful.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote