AJ GREEN
16.79%
22 16.79%
Total 131 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board All-Time Team (WR)
(06-05-2015, 05:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I can see that argument, but you can also argue against that.

He's already 8th overall in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns for a Bengals player.
Green only played in 60 games, yet everyone in the top 12 receiving yards (besides him) has played in at least 102 games. That's over 40 games. In the top 20, only two players have played in less games than him. (Chris Henry at 19th and Billy Brooks at 20th).

Also, Green has the highest receiving yards per game in Bengals history at 81.2. The next closest is Chad Johnson at 71.4.

The potential is there but what if Green's career were over tomorrow? I can not vote him to the All-Time Team on potential. If that were the case then my first vote would probably go to Chris Henry.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Chad and A.J.

Chad currently, but in 3-4 more years A.J. has his place.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chad- Best Wr in this franchises history to date.
Carl Pickens- dude had 17 touchdowns in a season once that's pretty amazing people.
Isac Curtis- didn't seem him play but herd great things about him. Probably would have better stats if his prime happened in the modern era.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson, Isaac Curtis, AJ

Had 2nd thoughts about AJ but decided to go ahead and put him there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Carl doesn't make the top 3 this category is a joke.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:54 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The potential is there but what if Green's career were over tomorrow? I can not vote him to the All-Time Team on potential. If that were the case then my first vote would probably go to Chris Henry.

Based off of potential? Chris Henry would be up there, but Peter Warrick and Eddie Brown would be much higher as well.
Reply/Quote
My favorite is Charlie Joiner.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
While I agree that "Ocho Stinko" persona ultimately brought down the luster, work ethic, and performance of Chad...

There's no denying that.

You do also have to remember the decline of Palmer.

His accuracy and sailing of passes were not just a stinko thing.  He just looked bad sometimes towards the end too.

You don't get booed and trash thrown on your yard for nothin'.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:19 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Based off of potential? Chris Henry would be up there, but Peter Warrick and Eddie Brown would be much higher as well.

Exactly why Green has not earned a spot on the All-Time team at this point. Again in a few years that very well will be a different story but I do not see the justification for it at this point.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 06:44 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: I voted for Chad and A.J.

Chad currently, but in 3-4 more years A.J. has his place.

So if you do not feel at this time....right now....that AJ has earned his place then how can you vote him on?
Reply/Quote
No surprises here, I went with Curtis, Johnson and Green.

I considered Pickens, for a fleeting second.  Then I quickly realized the hypocrisy that it would be to honor someone who truly loathed being a part of the organization.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No surprises here, I went with Curtis, Johnson and Green.

I considered Pickens, for a fleeting second.  Then I quickly realized the hypocrisy that it would be to honor someone who truly loathed being a part of the organization.

Why did you vote for Johnson?
Reply/Quote
Great thread. Good OP. I like Ike.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No surprises here, I went with Curtis, Johnson and Green.

With that line of thinking, no one could honor Boomer (trade demand), Carson (trade demand), Corey, Takeo, and many others. The 90's players were right for hating the FO back then. It was terrible. Im sure they didn't hate the fans or the team itself. Just the way it was run. Does anyone really disagree?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea why AJ is currently 3rd. Of all the career stats (TDs, Yards, and Receptions) AJ ranks dead last in each category. If you don't like Pickens at least give Touchdown Eddie Brown some love.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As long as Issac and Chad are on it it's fine.

It's actually legendary.
Reply/Quote
I hated not picking Collinsworth....
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:26 AM)xxlt Wrote: Great thread. Good OP. I like Ike.

Agree about the thread.

Ike was just effortlessly faster than everyone else.  His entire game was exceptional.  If he played in a passing offense today, who knows what crazy numbers he would put up.  All the other guys on the list have an era advantage over him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:27 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: My favorite is Charlie Joiner.

Charlie Joiner is just behind Brian Leonard at 48th in career catches as a Bengal. He is just in front of Mohamed Sanu at 25th in career yards, and is 37th, just behind the great Jeff Query, in career receiving TDs  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why AJ is currently 3rd. Of all the career stats (TDs, Yards, and Receptions) AJ ranks dead last in each category. If you don't like Pickens at least give Touchdown Eddie Brown some love.

Absolutely agree. I do not understand how people are putting a guy on the All-Time team based on what he may do in the future. As I have already stated.....if this poll were going on 5 years from now then I very well would be voting for Green but at this point I just do not see how some are justifying it.

While I did not care for the attitude of Pickens you cannot deny what he did on the field. I see most had no problem voting for Corey Dillon even with his attitude and the way he left the organization.
Reply/Quote