Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message from Eifert

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sucks for the guy......
Reply/Quote
Nothing "glass" about that injury. A shot like that takes out any player.

He just has the absoute worst luck.
Reply/Quote
The question is do they owe him the opportunity to remake himself yet again ? He could have walked as a free agent and didn't. Do they owe him the chance to come back after healing up yet again? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown has done nothing else, he's proven to give guys more than enough chances to produce. 

I hope Eifert comes back and gets another chance. Sooner or later, he's got to stay healthy and help the team out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If Mike Brown has done nothing else, he's proven to give guys more than enough chances to produce. 

I hope Eifert comes back and gets another chance. Sooner or later, he's got to stay healthy and help the team out.

You would sure think so.  The Law of Averages has already been pounded into dust on this poor dude.  If anyone was due to catch a break...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You just gotta hate it for the guy. Just sad
Reply/Quote
It looked to me like the bone was broken above the ankle. If it's simply a leg bone break, he should be back next year with no problem. If he destroyed his ankle, who knows.....
Reply/Quote
PFT is saying it is a broken ankle
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It looked to me like the bone was broken above the ankle. If it's simply a leg bone break, he should be back next year with no problem. If he destroyed his ankle, who knows.....

True. I'm not doctor, but it seems like a broken bone with no ligament damage would be better. Maybe even make him eligible for an IR designated to return. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: PFT is saying it is a broken ankle

A lot of times, those heal faster than a badly sprained ankle. Hoping for the best...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing "glass" about that injury.  A shot like that takes out any player.

This.  The guy proved he could come back from the most debilitating chain of injuries and play like the stud he always was.

Don't know how you could be as snake bit as he is and still have the class to thank all for us for our good wishes and prayers.

He certainly has mine
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A lot of times, those heal faster than a badly sprained ankle. Hoping for the best...

Years ago, I jumped down off a loading dock and my right came down full weight on top of a wheel chock.  My foot rolled in and that knuckle on the outside of my foot hit the concrete.  I limped my way through the end of my shift and when I woke up the next morning, my foot was like 3x it's normal size.  I head in to work and they sent me to the ER for x-rays and they came back with no breaks.  I tell the doc "Well, that's good."  The doc shakes his head and says, "No, you'd be better off if you broke it."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing "glass" about that injury.  A shot like that takes out any player.

Eifert is a monster.  Hes had some pretty nasty injurys and i wish him the best with this one.

With that said... that play call was absurd. We didnt have eifert on the team to run screens.. we had him to score tds from the redzone. This may be throwing salt on an open wound here so i get some negative feedback but dam.. that call makes no sense and is kinda irresponsible considering his injury history.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A lot of times, those heal faster than a badly sprained ankle. Hoping for the best...

With the right doctors, yes, ankle fractures can be overcome. The wrong pin placed in the wrong location / angle and you’re donzo. Hope he goes far outside the bengals medical staff for that evaluation. He deserves better for the rest of his life.

I’d hang ‘em up if I were him for sure. I went through a pretty bad ankle fracture a few years back and couldn’t imagine trying to rehab for additional years of that kind of pressure on a surgically repaired ankle.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: The question is do they owe him the opportunity to remake himself yet again ? He could have walked as a free agent and didn't. Do they owe him the chance to come back after healing up yet again? 

He stated he had other offers, but felt that he owed it to us to re-sign here for sticking with him through it all.
Reply/Quote
I went through a bad sprain and the nurse said sometimes it's better if it fractures. Anyway a couple years later I can still jog but there's still pain when it moves in any position not related to walking or jogging lol. Anyway I bet Eifert can come back nearly 100% from this if he really wants to but he for whatever reason seems really injury prone and shoudl contemplate hanging them up. I think he's going to have more psychological battles than anything else when healthy.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Very proud of not only Eifert today, but for Bengal fans to not bash him for this one. Like Fred says, pretty much would have taken out anyone. Great class by all of you. Also, great for this team to rally and pull one out for him.

Reply/Quote
This is the most somber I felt after a big win ever I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very proud of not only Eifert today, but for Bengal fans to not bash him for this one. Like Fred says, pretty much would have taken out anyone. Great class by all of you. Also, great for this team to rally and pull one out for him.

I though it was pretty classy of the Falcons players who came over and wished him well as he was being carted off....
Reply/Quote